Make DVD iso from CD isos of Fedora Core 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
Rollercoaster

Rollercoaster

-The BlacKCoaT Operative-
sorry dude i never use linux for purposes other then RnD and learning..

linux is not good enought for me for 'themes,wallies,apps,tuts & any stuff'
I find windows a much better fun n entertainment partner for me.

Dont get me wrong tho.. i love linux and the whole open source idea (i even have a RHCE Cert with exceptional marks) but i couldnt name a fun thing in linux even if my life depended on it.

i am only into the plain simple linux OS. thatz abt it... ;-)

why dont u post a new thread in the open source section. i am sure there are tons of guys who can give u keys to a million treasure chests for linux.

VBlack

Right off the assembly line
Hi, I just compile Fedora 6 Core DVD from 5 CDs, and I have some addons to tutorial.
You will be asked to over write a file "TRANS.TBL" each time u drag and drop. just select yes.
You should never do like that, because original file TRANS.TBL contains list of files in this directory. And the most right way is to merge all this files together from all CDs. This is not mandatory, actual, but you get more appropriate DVD
2. You can sign DVD with MD5 alghorythm using port of implantisomd5 into Windows, so DVD even can pass install check. This file you can get from attachment.
3. Thanks for great tutorial !:p

OP
Rollercoaster

Rollercoaster

VBlack said:
Rollercoaster said:
You will be asked to over write a file "TRANS.TBL" each time u drag and drop. just select yes.
1. You should never do like that, because original file TRANS.TBL contains list of files in this directory. And the most right way is to merge all this files together from all CDs. This is not mandatory, actual, but you get more appropriate DVD
AFAIK Trans.tbl contains transtaltion of the long file names to 8.3 format for old dos. that is y u dont practically need those file. To get them to work appropriately one would need to append all the filenames from all files in all folders in their own respective folders. I considered that to be useless extra work to include in my tutorial.

If there is some other use of the Trans.tbl (->Translation table) then please enlighten me.

Last edited:

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
u can make a fedora core 6 dvd from the iso files in the same way as rollercoster has mentioned. also download the signing utility vblack has provided and after u save the dvd iso file, issue this command: implantisomd5 <dvd isoname.iso>. in some cases u might haf to use the --force switch for the implantisomd5. this will ensure that ur dvd passes wid the mediacheck. also trans.tbl as mentioned by rollercoster isn't of much importance. so just leave it as it is and overwrite when prompted.

~Phenom~

The No.1 Stupid
can u name some distros that use anaconda other than fedora or red hat enterprise linux. I dont wanna install fedora , But have iso images of approx 20 diff. distros.

OP
Rollercoaster

Rollercoaster

*fedoraproject.org/wiki/AnacondaDistros
*fedoraproject.org/wiki/Anaconda
*en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anaconda_installer

List of linux distors - *en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Linux_distributions
Comparison - *en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_Linux_distributions

rollcage

AMD user for 9 yrs!!
Thanx for tut .. ;)

VBlack said:
You should never do like that, because original file TRANS.TBL contains list of files in this directory. And the most right way is to merge all this files together from all CDs. This is not mandatory, actual, but you get more appropriate DVD
2. You can sign DVD with MD5 alghorythm using port of implantisomd5 into Windows, so DVD even can pass install check. This file you can get from attachment.

I have the FC6_i386_dvd.iso ; now how do I do this .. plz tell how to use implantisomd5

OP
Rollercoaster

Rollercoaster

do u really need the install check???
if yes please google there are quite a few utils or try the attachment in post 47 of this thread

It doesnt affect the installation in anyway tho...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom