Mac OS X Leopard “better and faster than Vista”

Status
Not open for further replies.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
aryayush said:
It has been explained pretty well by John Gruber and I posted it in another thread. The blue screen error occurs only when people install one particular hack that inserts files in a system folder that is strictly off-limits. It is completely their fault. I commend the fact that Apple still took it so seriously and posted a Knowledge Base article about it.
hmmm well in that case stop using all non-apple made softys on ur mac books it will ensure no bsods :lol:
aryayush said:
Have you ever used Leopard? No, you haven't
sam old rant arya ... same old rant ... have u used have u used it blah blah blah .... we used it and showed it how great it is :lol: dont worry leopard ka number bhi aayega ;)

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
aryayush said:
Yeah, and you know that how? I loathe this kind of behaviour. Have you ever used Leopard? No, you haven't. I do and have been doing so for the past three months. It has almost zero compatibility issues. I have heard of some applications not working well but at least in my case, there have been no issues at all. In any case, it is pretty clear that the compatibility issues are few and far between. When an entire operating system is upgraded, a few third party applications are bound to get broken. No company can prevent that from happening. The good thing about the Mac community is that the developers are fast. Almost all the applications that had compatibility issues have already been upgraded for Leopard.

almost zero compatibility issues. Looks like you dont' install any third party app. Yes. Do not install uncertified thirdparty app on vista. Do not use incompatible hardware on Vista. It will be a rocksolid OS.

coming to mac incompatibilities:

*www.macintouch.com/leopard/compat.html

Take a look at this link. 22-page document.

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
aryayush said:
The blue screen error occurs only when people install one particular hack that inserts files in a system folder that is strictly off-limits. It is completely their fault.

Is there some system restore or recovery way similar to Safe mode of Windows with GUI?

Have you ever used Leopard?

If u say we have not used leopard from our limited knowledge of Mac platform & don't like us giving the verdict or saying something against it, then u have also not used Vista. :D

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
desiibond said:
almost zero compatibility issues. Looks like you dont' install any third party app. Yes. Do not install uncertified thirdparty app on vista. Do not use incompatible hardware on Vista. It will be a rocksolid OS.
I have in excess of thirty third party applications on Leopard.

desiibond said:
coming to mac incompatibilities:

*www.macintouch.com/leopard/compat.html

Take a look at this link. 22-page document.
It is a single page document and almost every single application has the comment "it is now Leopard compatible".

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
aryayush said:
I have in excess of thirty third party applications on Leopard.

It is a single page document and almost every single application has the comment "it is now Leopard compatible".

LOL. single page document. It is a single link doc. But take a printout and you get 22 pages. If I think like you, all ebooks are single page documents. It's single file :eek:.

Every single app????

Acrobat 8 ProfessionalCompatibility update scheduled for January 2008.
Photoshop Elements 4 and earlier"Likely to encounter issues for which there is no resolution."Pro video applications, including Premiere Pro CS3, After Effects CS3 Professional, Encore CS3, and Soundbooth CS3 Compatibility updates scheduled for December 2007.
AOL for Mac OS XVersion 10.3.7 is not currently compatible. AOL is working to fix issues
iPhoto 2Not compatible.
Epson

Epson maintains a Leopard Support page with information on and download access to Leopard-compatible drivers for scanners, printers, and all-in-ones. Among the products currently without compatible software are the V750 Pro, V700 Photo, V500 Photo, and V200 Photo scanners.

VPN Tracker 4Equinux says: "VPN Tracker 4 is not compatible with Mac OS 10.5 (Leopard), and due to fundamental changes in the operating system, we will not be able to patch this version." VPN Tracker 5, just now starting beta testing, will be compatible.
M-Audio

M-Audio does not maintain a Leopard compatibility listing for its products (that we have found, at least), and users report mixed results with various pieces of gear. The company says:"
Due to the nature of software and driver development, we are not able to provide exact dates for when specific drivers will become available--but please rest assured that supporting Leopard is a top priority for us. As soon as Leopard drivers or updates for any product become available, our Web site will be immediately updated to reflect this.
If you choose to install Leopard on your system before your M-Audio product has been qualified for use with the new OS, please be aware that your M-Audio device may not function properly.

And the list goes on. The above entries are some of heavily used programs. I haven't mentioned all of them.

Arya, I certainly believe that you use mac only for its looks and nothing else

Nice column in pcmag by Oliver Rist

Leopard is the New Vista, and It's Pissing Me Off

I'm not sure what ticks me off more about Leoptard (I can't take credit for that nickname—some Brit coined it): the fact that so many of the semi-important changes don't work, the fact that Apple turned a stable OS into a crash-happy glitz fest, or that the annoying, scruffy Live Free or Die Hard actor infecting my TV (and our Web site, by the way) is pretending that Leopard is better than Vista. It's not better than Vista. Leopard is Vista. And Tiger is better than both of them!

Full column: *www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2704,2223921,00.asp

Last edited:
OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
desiibond said:
Arya, I certainly believe that you use mac only for its looks and nothing else
LOL! Yeah, I do. That is my prime priority.

I'm amazed by your insight! You have me all figured out. :lol:

Yamaraj

The Lord of Death
Macs* were 10x faster than Intel PCs in the past. And even with "Intel Inside", they're still better and faster than all other PCs. All hail Macs* and fanboys!

Besides, OSX cannot even legally be installed on non-Apple hardware - not even in a virtual machine. Talk about "evil" Microsoft and "incompetent" Linuxen.

* - Technically, Mac died the moment it switched to x86 "PeeCee" architecture. Now, it's just another IBM-PC clone.

x3060

A LOTR fan
what ever they may say . . i say mac is a class of its own . for simplicity and productivity . for only one product of their is the best in the world . . . final cut pro :). its a class apart , nothing in the world comes close to it :). well it works with Linux . i guess , but if you are a compositor and are looking for THE ultimate . the answer is simple , get a mac and FCP . its the best . the debate ends there .

since its about mac and vista am not putting Linux in to it :). also i dont know about others , well they say max dont run so hot on mac , or is it maya ?. but i have not tried both on mac . but i have seen FCP and that product will never go from your mind :).

Last edited:

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
oh ya buy a mac for 1 software it will never go from ur mind ... damn right it wont ... u just paid 70k-1lac to run 1 software :lol: :lol:

x3060

A LOTR fan
one software thats right . . :). but that software is used by all the movie industry . . thats the truth . well if i had money , i would be running genuine maya and combustion in my macine win xp . thats all i use my machine for . by the way , you dont seem to like FCP do you ?. :-(... i got no objection for win or mac . i care for programs that runs on it . not a win or mac . cause am no system programmer . may be you are :-l

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
iMav said:
oh ya buy a mac for 1 software it will never go from ur mind ... damn right it wont ... u just paid 70k-1lac to run 1 software :lol: :lol:
Goto any News channel office and you'll know that they DO spend 60k+ for Macs just to run Final Cut Pro. When it comes to specialized tasks (video editing/photo/mixing etc.) the Mac has NO competition - No Windows, No GNU/Linux!

Why do you think that you represnt the whole world??! :D :lol:

x3060

A LOTR fan
yeah , its the truth . . that software is god of all compositing and editing softwares . . i think there is a Linux version . . but definitely in the field of editing . nothing beats mac .you need to move from that narrow mind mate . i love all o.s but i also accept the truth . just like windows is the god of games . and Linux is the god of freedom

go to apple site and check for final cut pro or studio "something " thats whats its called , it comes as a bundle . you will know what i mean :).

Last edited:

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
infra_red_dude said:
Why do you think that you represnt the whole world??!
i represent most of the news viewers ;) i dont care what they do behind the scenes which OS they use as long as i get my news (im a news junkie)

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
iMav said:
i represent most of the news viewers ;) i dont care what they do behind the scenes which OS they use as long as i get my news (im a news junkie)
See the "bolded" part there?? Yep, "as long as you get your news" is the point! You wouldn't want a BSOD in the middle of your news, rite?? :))

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
abey doordarshan bhinews detta hai .... and all the news readers chk out their lappy's they arent macs

aur mere sher abhi tu normal average user ki baat nahi kar raha linux software ke time tereko average user normal user yaad atta hai :D

x3060

A LOTR fan
correct ;-) and that too news taking for ever to render . . imagine editing with 2gb ram in win . . man , i hate my machine sometimes . . how i wish my machine supports 16 gb ram :-(. . . by the way , you are just trying to escape mate . i can sense that ;-)

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
dude u r justifying buying a mac for 1 application every1 is not a proffesional vdo editor ... escape get some sense in ur brains .... escape :lol: buy a 1lac machine for 1 software wen its of no use to me :? u alright :?:

x3060

A LOTR fan
by the way . since you brought up Linux . i can say . . any Linux user out there can be proud of himself . considering the fact that "you can actually build an o.s of your own and distribute it " imagine the feeling you will get when some one uses your o.s that you build . . win and mac dont give you that freedom

i justify my reason to buy mac . . cause i am me and not you ;-). my field is diff . there mac rule . . so how do you expect me to say that it sucks :-l. did i ever said win sucks ?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom