Mac OS X Leopard “better and faster than Vista”

Status
Not open for further replies.

praka123

left this forum longback
:x Linux lack's software compatibility? NO,hardware vendors shud be accused as with what i hear with bad driver support in Vista also for Linux.Linux supports most h/ws now.

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Leopard “a pleasure to use”
Calling Leopard the “apple of my eye,” Dwight Sliverman (Houston Chronicle) tells us that as he’s played with the newest version of Mac OS X, “I’m constantly being surprised by smart, useful and convenient touches. It is a pleasure to use.” For example, he calls Spaces his “favorite Leopard feature, because it instantly multiplies your desktop real estate. Those who use portable computers will particularly appreciate it. On my MacBook it’s a godsend.”

Leopard makes “using a Mac both more productive and more fun”
Troy Dreier (laptopmag.com) gives Leopard 4.5 stars (out of five). Praising Time Machine, he predicts that “Leopard will be remembered as the OS that debuted Time Machine, the backup tool that changes everything.” Equally positive about Cover Flow, Quick Look, Spaces, Mail, Boot Camp, and iChat, Dreier concludes that “Leopard is worth the price for Time Machine alone, but the sheer variety of improvements and innovation inside this OS give you much more than your money’s worth.”

Time Machine: “So simple, there’s no Step 3”
In his in-depth review of Time Machine, Ryan Faas (computerworld.com) does some déjà-vuing of his own, conjuring up an early iMac commercial to illustrate how simple it is for customers to use Time Machine to back up the data on their Macs. Calling it “one of the most compelling new features added to Mac OS X in years,” he praises Apple engineers for creating “a backup technology that requires little or no configuration, performs backups automatically and invisibly, and makes restoring files from those backups as simple and intuitive as humanly possible.”

Leopard “the most polished and easiest to use OS”
In his 4.5-star (out of 5) review of Leopard, Edward Mendelson (pcmag.com) maintains that Leopard is “by far the best operating system ever written for the vast majority of consumers, with dozens of new features that have real practical value.” Mendelson “found Leopard to be startlingly fast, brilliantly streamlined, and packed with conveniences and innovations. Leopard’s rich set of built-in software runs faster than I imagined possible.”

Leopard “something any Mac user will want”
After a “swift and easy” installation, Mark Kellner (Washington Times) found Mac OS X Leopard “something any Mac user will want to have.” “Offering better integration of e-mail with syndicated Internet news updates, a new backup feature likely to decrease the impact of hardware failures, and snazzy display features by the bushel, the $129 Apple Mac OS X Leopard upgrade is more than a reasonable purchase.”

Last edited:
OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Leopard offers “a better user experience” and “inherent reliability”
Laying “the foundation for the next generation of personal computing,” Leopard “redefines what personal computing looks like,” according to Michael Gartenberg (computerworld.com). And Gartenberg offers a litany of Leopard features by which he’s impressed. “Cover Flow, a feature first used in iTunes, lets you browse files visually and then see a file’s contents without opening it.” He argues that “Apple’s IM client, iChat, runs rings around what’s available for other systems.” He’s always used his “e-mail in-box as a to-do list,” Gartenberg admits, “and Apple’s Mail client makes that really work.”

anandk

Distinguished Member
Apple Leopard and Windows Vista Much Alike.

The comparisons are already beginning but many are saying that Windows Vista and Apple's Leopard have much in common; glitches.

"Mac's Tiger and Windows XP are much more stable platforms" we hear, but this has come with time.

*www.gameshout.com/news/apple_leopard_and_windows_vista_much_alike/article9788.htm

an interesting read ! :D should subdue certain quarters.

ring_wraith

=--=l33t=--=
Solution : Get a Mac and bootcamp XP.

No one needs Vista. XP for Gaming , Leopard for eye - candy filled everyday tasks.

raptorz

Smitten by Computers..
After reading the comment's in this thread, I feel most of the people here have a "Frog in a Well" mentality. Every frog thinks its well is the best.

Most of the people supporting xp, have never seen a mac.

I have been using XP since it came out, Vista since its beta days, Ubuntu for 2 years, and Mac OS X 10.4 for 4 months.

If you compare them, Mac really rocks.

Every OS has a learning curve. Because of its market share, windows happens to be the OS everyone is familiar with. It's natural, as most of them are biased towards windows.

There is no point in blindly saying that mac is ****. Get a mac, use it for a few days, then you will appreciate it.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
praka123 said:
:x Linux lack's software compatibility? NO,hardware vendors shud be accused as with what i hear with bad driver support in Vista also for Linux.Linux supports most h/ws now.

Linux has the best compatibility.:)

Win XP gives dumb errors when something happens and u never get to the root cause of them easily.:mad:

But for linux even error messages are precise and u can get help within few mins on google.;-)

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
“Leopard breathes new life into an aging Mac”
“If you own a Mac, you’ll want Leopard,” writes Eric Benderoff (chicagotribune.com). Running Leopard on both an iBook and a MacBook Pro, Benderoff learned first hand “why Apple’s new operating system upgrade, called Leopard, continues to make Mac computers the easiest and most enjoyable to use.” Citing Cover Flow, Spotlight, Spaces, and Stacks to illustrate his point, he concludes, “I can tell you this: for $129, Leopard breathes new life into an aging Mac.”

praka123

left this forum longback
“I can tell you this: for $129, Leopard breathes new life into an aging Mac.”
^^^that words are significant.but....then the flows found...wt abt them>apple will update or wht?

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
10.5.1 has already been released to developers for testing and it has fixed all known bugs yet. :)

Note also that no important publication I know has had anything but kind words to say about Apple's latest cat.

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
“Mac OS X Leopard: A perfect 10”
So states Tom Yager (InfoWorld). “People buy Macs,” Yager reports, “because the platform as a whole is perfect, full stop. Leopard is a rung above perfection. It’s taken as rote that the Mac blows away PC users’ expectations. Leopard blows away Mac users’ expectations, and that’s saying a great deal.” Leopard, Yager says “is remarkable; it’s more and better software than anyone should sell for $129.”

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
aryayush said:
“Mac OS X Leopard: A perfect 10”
So states Tom Yager (InfoWorld). “People buy Macs,” Yager reports, “because the platform as a whole is perfect, full stop. Leopard is a rung above perfection. It’s taken as rote that the Mac blows away PC users’ expectations. Leopard blows away Mac users’ expectations, and that’s saying a great deal.” Leopard, Yager says “is remarkable; it’s more and better software than anyone should sell for $129.”

perfect 10. hmm. I doubt that

If it's that perfect, why are we seeing blue death now. I though apple fanboys ridiculed windows about the BSOD. but now, "*docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=306857"

Yes. Apple released a fix now. but this is not the only problem. There are huge number of compatibility issues.

I agree that it's better than Vista (as of now) but it's not perfect OS.

Waiting for Vista SP1 and OS X 10.5.1 :)

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
LOL how can some thing get a perfect 10 with flaws? um even if its getting "fixed". atlest we can see that there is that Blue screen error and firewall problem.

praka123

left this forum longback
Mac OS X Leopard “better and faster than Vista”
LOL! :p
Mac4Lin Leopard "better and faster than Original Leopard" ;)

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
desiibond said:
If it's that perfect, why are we seeing blue death now. I though apple fanboys ridiculed windows about the BSOD. but now, "*docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=306857"
It has been explained pretty well by John Gruber and I posted it in another thread. The blue screen error occurs only when people install one particular hack that inserts files in a system folder that is strictly off-limits. It is completely their fault. I commend the fact that Apple still took it so seriously and posted a Knowledge Base article about it.

desiibond said:
There are huge number of compatibility issues.
Yeah, and you know that how? I loathe this kind of behaviour. Have you ever used Leopard? No, you haven't. I do and have been doing so for the past three months. It has almost zero compatibility issues. I have heard of some applications not working well but at least in my case, there have been no issues at all. In any case, it is pretty clear that the compatibility issues are few and far between. When an entire operating system is upgraded, a few third party applications are bound to get broken. No company can prevent that from happening. The good thing about the Mac community is that the developers are fast. Almost all the applications that had compatibility issues have already been upgraded for Leopard.

desiibond said:
Waiting for Vista SP1 and OS X 10.5.1 :)
Come out from under that rock. 10.5.1 has already been released. I'm using it right now.

Charan said:
LOL how can some thing get a perfect 10 with flaws? um even if its getting "fixed". atlest we can see that there is that Blue screen error and firewall problem.
Which firewall problem?

Gigacore

Dreamweaver
^ Yes leo's firewall claw has been patched...

Offtopic: Found this interesting :D

*macnewsonline.com/wp/2007/07/09/5-leopard-gui-gripes/

Gigacore

Dreamweaver
Re: Mac OS X Leopard “better and faster than Vista”

Charan said:
@giga.. those were for the beta build :p

*www.cs.utk.edu/~moore/opinions/how-macosx-sucks.html

*themacsucks.com/joomla/content/category/1/17/32/

:D

Status
Not open for further replies.