Status
Not open for further replies.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
oh oh grudgy is here im outta here

PS: for some reason i fear grudgy more than raaabo i dont know why

x3060

A LOTR fan
and i did not force you to buy a mac . . i will if apple pays me ;-). but that aint gonna happen :-(. how i wish i get money for writing buy win . . buy mac , buy lin 1 lakh for win add another for mac and lin :) :)

praka123

left this forum longback
^if ur in kerala,go to Apple shop near Kadavanthra Rajiv Gandhi Indoor stadium for a demo. :p lasergraphics is the dealer of macs here.

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
Re: Mac OS X Leopard “better and faster than Vista”

iMav said:
abey doordarshan bhinews detta hai .... and all the news readers chk out their lappy's they arent macs

aur mere sher abhi tu normal average user ki baat nahi kar raha linux software ke time tereko average user normal user yaad atta hai :D
You don't get it!! The news reader isn't the one "editing" the news footage!! Lolz... :lol: What you see gets edited behind the scenes!

And regarding the "not macs or OSS", do you think they don't haf backup laptops for news readers in front of them. Goto a news studio dude, you'll understand what I am talking about!!!

You really haf NO idea regarding anything else other than Windows and its domain. Seriously, if you get time then visit some studio. Get outta that closed mind and learn to appreciate things...

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
dude are u even understanding what im saying :?

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showpost.php?p=687697&postcount=101

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
^^^ I thought we were talking about video editing and news!!!! I didn't know the topic was whether iMav should buy a Mac or not!!!!!! :lol:

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
not imav but ur average person ;) the 1 u always talk about when we are discussing OSS ;)

and yeah major recording studios use windows based systems too ;)

praka123

left this forum longback
^yeah.hence asianet local channels(running Vista and XP) showing BSOD and "system had a critical error,please restart"-something like that.I really liked "rosebowl","jukebox" etc these channels are high quality,but hangs in an hour or so,bcoz of.....XP or VISTA!!!:D
yeah!definitely they use windows! :rolleyes: BTW,i understand many "quality" channels are using MAC more than any other OS!

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!

iMav said:
not imav but ur average person ;) the 1 u always talk about when we are discussing OSS ;)

and yeah major recording studios use windows based systems too ;)
Lolz... :lol: You should be given an award for twisting, digressing and pretending not to understand things.

The average user does NOT edit videos sitting at home and sends it across the news studio for broadcasting!!

Show me one post of mine where I said "average user" should buy Macs for editing "news footage"!!! Just read all of my posts again. All the while I've been talking about news studios using Final Cut Pro for editing news footage! x3060 is talking about the movie industry. I dunno from where do you imagine things that never occurred!! :rolleyes:

At least in this domain (video editing/mixing etc.) the Mac is the winner and preferred by all. I don't say it, the industry does!

Edit: Oops... I forgot your award. Here's your medal :))

*content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en-commons/thumb/0/0b/300px-Medal-zwyciestwa-i-wolnosci_Polska.jpg

Last edited:

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
infra_red_dude said:
The average user does NOT edit videos sitting at home and sends it across the news studio for broadcasting!!
toh mere tau main bhi wohi bol raha hoon just coz of 1 application os x doesnt become better than vista - the application has a specific use in an ind that doesnt justify u or me buying os x or u or me buying macs :? u always come up with whats the use for average person what does this software give average user same way im saying that fcp is not meant for average user and this application doesnt justify buying mac ;) i mean dude shake ur brain a few times u might understand a few things ....koi bhi page pe sidha jump kar ke do post padhke reply karega toh tu kuch bolega aur doosra kuch bolega ;)

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!

iMav said:
toh mere tau main bhi wohi bol raha hoon just coz of 1 application os x doesnt become better than vista - the application has a specific use in an ind that doesnt justify u or me buying os x or u or me buying macs :? u always come up with whats the use for average person what does this software give average user same way im saying that fcp is not meant for average user and this application doesnt justify buying mac ;) i mean dude shake ur brain a few times u might understand a few things ....koi bhi page pe sidha jump kar ke do post padhke reply karega toh tu kuch bolega aur doosra kuch bolega ;)
Seriously man! Mebbe I need to stoop to your understanding levelz!! I dunno why the specific case of average user! Does the title say: Leopard better than vista for "average user"!!?? Or does x3060 say FCP is best for "average user"!

The results don't change whether an "average user" uses a Mac or a professional user uses the same for multimedia work! Its all upto the indivudal whether he buys it for his/her use or not! You can't say "fcp is not meant for average user". Who issued this fatwa???

No more posts from me "making you understand what I am posting" (Din, I salute you! :)) )

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
infra_red_dude said:
No more posts from me "making you understand what I am posting"
same here ;) but trust me u guys twist things to suit urself more than i do ;)

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
^^^ Thank you for maintaining peace, Sir :) I need no justification or certification for any of my posts in this thread. They are visible to all and they stay the same!

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
I don't want to indulge in a debate (specially now that I have far more interesting stuff to do) but just to set the record straight, there are only two Macs that cost upwards of Rs. 1 lac - the most top-of-the-line MacBook Pro and all configurations of the Mac Pro.

Most Macs cost less than Rs. 1 lac.

So, iMav, please stop repeating the stupid statement that you have to spend 1 lac bucks to buy a Mac. You can buy a Mac for as low as Rs. 40,000. In fact, if you want to consider the option of second hand stuff, I can even show you Macs in fine condition being sold for Rs. 25,000.

So, my advice to you is - cut the bullshit!

Oh, and just in case you did not know, a lot of PCs cost in excess of Rs. 1 lac too.

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
AFAIK, Except MacBook Pro (starts from $2k/Rs. 1.05 Lacs) or Mac Pro, all the Mac (except maybe top of the end iMac) will be costing less a hundred thousand bucks.

How much does a "Santa Rosa" Laptop cost?

But then you don't buy a Mac looking for Value for Money. Buy a Dell, Acer, HCL or Zenith instead.

Once you go Mac, you'll never turn back. :)

actually, MACs are more like lifestyle gadgets. The Mac Boocs look only as good as some newer classy lappys. But they are still good because apple bundles really good apps for MACs, which are designed to completely blend with the system.

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
drgrudge said:
But then you don't buy a Mac looking for Value for Money.
Depends on how you define that phrase, actually. Macs are the most value for money computers IMHO. :)

Yamaraj

The Lord of Death
I don't like Apple's holier-than-thou attitude at all. Anyone complaining of Microsoft's systems and their EULA ought to take a look at Apple's hardware and software restriction policies. Mac OS is probably the only system out there you're not allowed to use inside a virtual machine. Pretty liberal, eh?

Sure it was different in the old days, when Macs used to come with one-eyed monsters (mice) and Windows 3.11 lookalike interface. There wasn't even proper multitasking support back then. It was expensive then, and maintenance cost was high.

You're not allowed to install OSX on a non-Apple machine precisely because it's "Yet Another PeeCee" now. They have resorted to using the same Intel architecture that was supposedly inferior to their PowerPC one - and yes, 10x slower. Ah, the propaganda!

I have nothing against people who want to buy Macs or even act like die hard fanboys. But it's very annoying when you bunch start acting snobby all of a sudden.

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
infra_red_dude said:
At least in this domain (video editing/mixing etc.) the Mac is the winner and preferred by all. I don't say it, the industry does!

No, wrong. Have a look at the complete industry & you will find more companies using Windows based workstations then Mac.

It all depends on what application they use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom