Lumia 930 or an Android again? So confused!!

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Lol, I am asking something about mobile phones, well :lol:

Seriously, I can't stand my S4 any more. Main reason is weak vibration as I said in a different topic. Anyway meaningless to bring the S4 stuffs here.

So I was set for the Lumia 930 totally, but yesterday I was seeing WP, and I am absolutely not a fan of those tiles, with PC version I disabled them the first thing, but I won't be able to disable them for the phone version, so!! Then there is no call recording app for WP. There will be no LED notification or Glance screen or that thing of Nokia for L930. Then the overall app quality of WP vs Android, I am not talking about quantity, I don't care about quantity, but quality.

So should I really go for WP or keep using Android. If it's WP, then waiting for L930 is the only option, but if I chose Android, then what should I get? I need a phone which has the BASIC STUFFS RIGHT. Like, a strong vibration, great voice call quality, super build quality and a above average camera (if it's on par with S4 that's all, not excited about those tiny mobile sensors), 1080p screen 5" max, and now the big suffer I have to do, there are no OLED displays available other than Samsung, so I am so sad to say I am open for LCD :| displays too :!: But it better be a good one, not dumb like XZ or something.

Budget : MAX ₹ 35000 / 36000, not a single penny above that.

Brands : Anything but Samsung / LG / that fruit company

:cool:

PS : Forgot to say, GLONASS is a must.

satinder

DELHIITE
Lumia Series is good for your need.
Check them in Croma Store or big store.
You can feel vibration, camera performance etc.
In future you may get some extra theme according to your taste.
But must go to a Croma type big store.
There is nothing wrong in going there.
Clearly tell salesman that you have to decide before buying any crap again.
You want a reliable thing then Lumia suits you.

OP
ithehappy

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Thanks mate. I know that the L930 will suit me, phone-wise Nokia never misses the basics, but the problem is those darn tiles of WP! Not really sure I can cope with them or not :!:

Sarath

iDota
If I were you I would really give in to the new HTC One 2014. It's not much of an upgrade from the prev phone but I don't think there is another phone right now that can hold a candle to it.

BTW Glonass is now a common feature in every phone that comes with GPS. I think it's been almost half a decade now. Rarely is any phone without GLONASS and only GPS support.

If I were you I would really give in to the new HTC One 2014. It's not much of an upgrade from the prev phone but I don't think there is another phone right now that can hold a candle to it.

BTW Glonass is now a common feature in every phone that comes with GPS. I think it's been almost half a decade now. Rarely is any phone without GLONASS and only GPS support.

The price of HTC One never fell down to 35-36k. Considering S5 is at 51k, I'm pretty sure One M8 would cost 55-60k, for sure, considering their overpricing strategy. My recommendation never get a HTC(or Apple product), unless you are rich & wants to show off. Xperia series is well built, but they are bulky. I really like the Z1 Compact, because of its compactness, battery life & performance for the price (my N4 feels a bit big)

S4 is a good phone, its vibration should be good enough. Otherwise, root your phone, install Trickster Mod & check if vibration strength is 100%. I'm using 70% vibration strength (I sometimes don't feel my phone vibrating while I'm walking, but its okay)

Really, my honest opinion is that you stick with S4, don't change your phone now....

OP
ithehappy

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Thanks guys. I just went to see the Z1 today. I loved the phone thoroughly, beautiful design, slightly big and heavy, but the build quality seems really good. Everything was good as long as I didn't touch the gallery, and then see the photos. No offence to anyone, and even as a huge Sony admirer, that display was simple nonsense. I mean I would take it on a 20k phone, but for 35/36k, absolutely unacceptable.

L930 is my next phone, that's it. Understood it's impossible for me to bear anything other than a great display :|

rish1

Cyborg Agent
i'd say that stick to your s4 and get z2 in september when it will be 30-35k.. both z and z1 display were bad .. xperia z2 display is great though..

for the meantime you can search xda for vibration tweaks on s4

and Lumia 930 ? what makes you think it will be priced near 35k ? expect a 43k+ price on that phone.. its a competitor to s5

it has same specs as lumia 1520 but lumia 1520 is 6 months old now and hence cheaper.. new launch is always expensive. even 1520 is 38k at snapdeal.. i don't see any chance for 930 to be less than 43k

Last edited:
OP
ithehappy

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Holy crap dude. They said launching price somewhere around 599 bucks, so simply I calculated and it's around 36k, add some TAX and crap, 10%, so around 39k. And eBay keeps sending me these bloody good 7 / 10% off coupons, so I thought next time when the L930 gets released if I have a coupon I will use it. If it's above 40/41k, I am not interested until the price falls down.

Z2, hmm....long long wait. I hope they made the display good this time, can't believe Sony and worse display like Z, and today as I said Z1 too, I was shocked, and sad :(

Vibration tweaks, let's see. Won't use CM, so that's not an option. Will see if anything is available, but I highly doubt cause this is the Exynos version, and there is literally no support, especially after KK. Darn!

How is hTC one as a phone?

- - - Updated - - -

Nah fek it, too brilliant camera :!:

Vibration tweaks, let's see. Won't use CM, so that's not an option. Will see if anything is available, but I highly doubt cause this is the Exynos version, and there is literally no support, especially after KK. Darn!

- - - Updated - - -

Nah fek it, too brilliant camera :!:

You just need to root your phone........
4.4.2 Kit Kat (i9500) Root Method I9500XXUFNB3 - xda-developers

Don't think about getting HTC One.......... M8 would be priced 55-60k, due to its overpricing strategy

OP
ithehappy

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Lol, who said I am not rooted? Anyway, nothing can be done about the vibration on the S4. Trickstar doesn't support S4 afaik.

rish1

Cyborg Agent
Holy crap dude. They said launching price somewhere around 599 bucks, so simply I calculated and it's around 36k, add some TAX and crap, 10%, so around 39k. And eBay keeps sending me these bloody good 7 / 10% off coupons, so I thought next time when the L930 gets released if I have a coupon I will use it. If it's above 40/41k, I am not interested until the price falls down.

Z2, hmm....long long wait. I hope they made the display good this time, can't believe Sony and worse display like Z, and today as I said Z1 too, I was shocked, and sad

- - - Updated - - -

Nah fek it, too brilliant camera

i must have missed that 600$ announcement.. in that case i think you may be able to get 1 for 38-39k after applying coupons and through deals..

also the new Moto X + 1 is also coming up and i think it will be launched here as well .. it should be good enough for you.. else i don't think even the old moto X is such a bad choice either..
you get amoled screen
decent camera ( not as good as s4 but both are not that far off )
Plus you save some 10-11k also along with great telephony and build quality . i would suggest you to check the vibration for that device..
specs are also decent , though expandability is a concern

Z2 is awesome though see the comparison against note 3 screen

Xperia Z2 display pitted against the Galaxy Note 3

and if you are spending around 40k i would highly suggest you to wait for xperia z2 price drop .. by my estimate Xperia z2 will be officially priced at 46999 .. through deals - 43-44k .. wait 2-3 months and you will be able to buy it for around 40k..

a famous Photography site has rated The camera on Z2 above nokia pureview 808,1020 ( even not believing that it is true ) i think it would be fair to say you get the best camera on an android phone..

Spending close to 40k on a windows phone seems like overpaying to me.. even though windows phone 8.1 has come a long way.. but its still not at a level of android .. and those forced tiles are a love hate situation .. some love it others hate it.. bringing transparent wallpaper background doesn't help much. i have not even started the apps/games comparison here.. and still major shortcomings in wp8.1 like no file manager

Flash

Lost in speed
Thanks mate. I know that the L930 will suit me, phone-wise Nokia never misses the basics, but the problem is those darn tiles of WP! Not really sure I can cope with them or not :!:
Live tiles on W8 is troublesome, as you won't check your live-tile screen often.
But in WP8, it's a most praised feature which can keep track of all your notifications (if activated). With the upcoming 8.1 update, WP8 is getting better with update by update.
Try a WP8 device from your friends, and then decide.

OP
ithehappy

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Try STweaks
Uff, dude, please search. STweaks is only supported with Adam kernel. Besides it does NOT have any vibration modification option. Also since 4.4 Wanam has stopped supporting i9500, so no more custom kernels.
[MENTION=138559]rish[/MENTION] : Yes, will wait for Z2 price to drop. That seems like a wise option.

Uff, dude, please search. STweaks is only supported with Adam kernel. Besides it does NOT have any vibration modification option. Also since 4.4 Wanam has stopped supporting i9500, so no more custom kernels.
[MENTION=138559]rish[/MENTION] : Yes, will wait for Z2 price to drop. That seems like a wise option.

OK, i didn't knew that......... For me Trickster Mod & Faux Clock are enough

OP
ithehappy

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Wait for HTC One M8... It 'might' be cheaper.
Waiting for M8 and getting the M7 now is same. I don't care about specifications. The only thing kept me out from One series is their horrible camera, and I see that M8 has same sensor and resolution, so it will be more or less same.
However the build quality of these phones are simply awesome. They always had great build quality anyway, remember those early days Windows Mobile phones like TyTn, Touch Diamond. They were awesome.

- - - Updated - - -

Lol, this phone won't let me use this. Tell me how can I bear this?

*farm3.staticflickr.com/2923/13882488193_ec35417a38_c.jpg

I can reproduce this problem any time. It happens so frequently that you won't believe. And please don't say try this try that. I have tried all four 4.4.2 ROMs released for India so far, same.

Top Bottom