Lumia 930 or an Android again? So confused!!

Well i guess you wont be able to bear a windows phone after android
Used my brother's wp8 720 and heck!
First question was where's the file manager? And he is like whats a "file manager"?

Then used his phone to download a apk (y use my data pack :p) and then i wasnt able to transfer it to mine
More on i asked about how can I create a hotspot and he says find it inside wi-fi settings and i couldnt find it

He is like wait, i'll get the amber update which will give me radio

OP
ithehappy

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Hmm...those are the parts why I'm worried actually. I can live with less apps, and the overall quality of what's already there, but no call recorder, no file manager, those are kinda deal breakers!

But I just wonder how there is no direct rival of S4? I mean wherever I look not a single phone is there..hTC One is the closest I think, but that crappy camera, Z1, crappy display...so if I were to buy something now, what the hell would I have bought anyway?

Gamer04

Broken In
Hello,
I would suggest you to go for lumia 930. WP are butter smooth and give you a truly satisfying experience. and regarding apps everything is there in windows store for your general needs, tons of video and photos editing apps, many good video players, epub readers, and awesome games which run in a flawless manner. and all official apps of various websites and organizations. so if you want anything beyond this then i dont know about that but for general use WP is simply perfect. cheers :)

rish1

Cyborg Agent
Hmm...those are the parts why I'm worried actually. I can live with less apps, and the overall quality of what's already there, but no call recorder, no file manager, those are kinda deal breakers!

i think call recording is there in wp8.1 but still no file manager
edit - checked it no call recording still in wp 8.1

But I just wonder how there is no direct rival of S4? I mean wherever I look not a single phone is there..hTC One is the closest I think, but that crappy camera, Z1, crappy display...so if I were to buy something now, what the hell would I have bought anyway?

there is actually , and the device is lg G2 but you said you don't want lg

g2 was next best selling flagship after s4 with many rating above s4

OP
ithehappy

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Ah that LG is there, forgot about it :p

Without a call recorder don't think I can go the WP way. I love the hTC one, but that camera. So only option as someone already said is waiting for Z2, and then wait a lot more for the prices to come down.

Don't know, lots of confusion here!

true_lies

Ambassador of Buzz
I'm in the same dilemma as you, although on a lower budget. Android or WP.
Currently i'm confused between Xperia L or Lumia 720. Both similarly priced, with decent hardware.
Have experience with Android (Sir Hang-a-lot GB Galaxy S + JB Tab). Impressed with the WP interface, but the call recorder, file manager and other things missing are pushing me towards Android.

rish1

Cyborg Agent
Currently i'm confused between Xperia L or Lumia 720. Both similarly priced, with decent hardware.
Have experience with Android (Sir Hang-a-lot GB Galaxy S + JB Tab). Impressed with the WP interface, but the call recorder, file manager and other things missing are pushing me towards Android.

Don't buy lumia 720 its stuck at 512 mb ram which is a major con of that phone and is severely limited for a 15k phone .. wait for lumia 730 , they will be launched soon in a month

there should be 1 more sony phone that should launch by june/july

but don't expect it to be any better than moto G .. at 15k moto G is already great , though the big upgrade is going to come in august/september in mid range...

4g ( will work in india )
Arm v8
64 bit Cortex A53
Faster GPU

all at 15k from reputed brands... i myself am waiting for it..

Last edited:

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
Hello,
I would suggest you to go for lumia 930. WP are butter smooth and give you a truly satisfying experience. and regarding apps everything is there in windows store for your general needs, tons of video and photos editing apps, many good video players, epub readers, and awesome games which run in a flawless manner. and all official apps of various websites and organizations. so if you want anything beyond this then i dont know about that but for general use WP is simply perfect. cheers :)

No file manager :mad:
Free apps on google play like Angry Birds are paid in WP. :(

On a friend's Lumia 620, .flv files didn't play/show in video player and he was confused "video gaya to gaya kahan" :rofl:

- - - Updated - - -

Get Moto G 16 GB instead :wink:

srkmish

Ambassador of Buzz
I think you should do more research before deciding. Consensus is that 8.1 is a big jump from 8. You can check the youtube videos.

Pasapa

Live to die another day
Wp 8.1 won't have a native file manager but wp does have pocket file manager which does the work, as for videos there is moliplayer..

OP
ithehappy

ithehappy

Human Spambot
I'm considering getting the Galaxy S5. Do you ever think about this?
Yes! If the S5 has drastically improved vibration strength. Which is heavily unlikely.
I think you should do more research before deciding. Consensus is that 8.1 is a big jump from 8. You can check the youtube videos.
Well you have no idea how many videos I have seen about WP 8.1. Those things will get you to some distance, but the actual experience will come when you actually start to use it.
Wp 8.1 won't have a native file manager but wp does have pocket file manager which does the work, as for videos there is moliplayer..
Okay.

Well wp has some great features but after android you'll starve a little then get adjusted but I have a love-hate relation (love the UI so downloaded launcher 8 free fake wp)
And well, was thinking but didn't ask
Why do you need a good vibrator? Is the vibrator @ s4 crappy ie you even don't feel it?
And why glonass is necessary? Its just russian gps (but i'd go for it, will have better catch on satellites)

OP
ithehappy

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Also y no cm or custom roms?
Cause last time I used CM it was so brilliant and the ROM was so fast that the phone ran away from my home and I had to run behind it to catch it :D No seriously, CM is a disgrace for me, I'll rather die before using it again. The only custom ROM I liked and might consider again is Android Revolution HD. I always picked stability over fancy garbage.

On your previous post, why do I need a good vibrator? Well to know that someone is calling me, and if the phone vibrates good and strong then I'll be able to receive the call in one go, and as I run a business nothing is important to me other than my clients. Out of all the phones I used in past one decade S4 has the worst vibrator, I missed at least 100 hundred calls over past one month. Which is horrendous to say the least! I think Samsung was busy making the plastic of S4 or those meaningless sensors over the vibrator :|

On GLONASS, you said yourself that it gives faster lock, so that's the reason obviously. American GPS is nothing but sh!t here in India, with GLONASS I get lock within 20 seconds, even in a cloudy day, even inside my home, with American GPS it was few minutes sometimes, so why I need GLONASS is pretty clear :)

By the way, I'm leaning towards Z2 more now. I was seeing some reviews last night, loved it. Hope it has a good build quality. M8 is still in my mind though, but that camera, uff, why the hell hTC had to do it like that!! God knows!

Top Bottom