Lumia 520 : Discussion thread

Are you a Lumia 520 user?

• Total voters

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
finally updated to amber from nokia service centre. lost all the apps but install via sd card later. ;-)

veddotcom

Journeyman
There's no video players for WP, apart from Yxplayer, i guess.. But that's premium and it claims to play .mkv files too.. Sadly there's no try'n'buy option for this app..

Recently another video player has been developed, It claims it plays almost all the formats and it supports subtitles too. Plus it has Trial option.

MoliPlayer Pro | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store

rdx_halo

In the zone
I have a strange problem ...
I have been using Lumia 520 for 3 months but I'm continuously facing a problem in Songs app.
1. I open the music library to play a song. From the mp3 songs list I choose a track, for example I'm playing track which starts with Alphabet "R" (Ray of Light for example)
2. Then if I want to en-queue a song which start with "A" (Affirmation) and add it to now playing playlist, nothing happens. When The song with alphabet "R" ends, the music player does not play "Affirmation mp3" but starts to play the Next song which comes after Ray of Light alphabetically.
3. When I play music, the next tracks are always alphabetically listed below the music player app.

Is there a solution?

OP
Flash

Flash

Lost in speed
How to load "Subtitles" in Moliplayer? I put a .mkv and its .srt(with the same name)..
MKV file plays :), but its subtitle is not loading!

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
How to load "Subtitles" in Moliplayer? I put a .mkv and its .srt(with the same name)..
MKV file plays :), but its subtitle is not loading!

no problem for me. I just copied both movie and srt to "videos" folder and moliplayer played it all.
When will the trial of moliplayer expire:-(

OP
Flash

Flash

Lost in speed
no problem for me. I just copied both movie and srt to "videos" folder and moliplayer played it all.
When will the trial of moliplayer expire:-(
The developer is active in wpcentral, you can ask him directly..
I was surprised to see .mkv playing in WP.. :mrgreen:

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
The developer is active in wpcentral, you can ask him directly..
I was surprised to see .mkv playing in WP.. :mrgreen:

i am not a member of wpcentral. will make an account surely.it is been a week or so with this player and it plays everything. only problem is , screen should be active while playing music.

OP
Flash

Flash

Lost in speed
Found the solution:

1. Go to Moliplayer Pro/Settings/Subtitles text encoding,
2. Change "English (United State)" to "English."

Now, it will load!! [IMGG]*www.sherv.net/cm/emo/dancing/smiley.gif[/IMGG]

raj_in

In the zone
i am thinking about buying an headphone for rs1k
for the lumia 520 since the inbox headphones sucks

which one do you suggest
soundmagic PL11 or Sennheiser CX 180 or any other ?

mohit9206

Ambassador of Buzz
IE browser on L520 is really annoying me.It crashes often,the back button does not always take me to the previous page instead it exits the browser if single tab is open or closes the active tab if multiple tabs are open,it also cannot handle heavy websites like neogaf OT's,ign,etc.UC browser isn't any better.I am guessing this is due to the 512mb of ram.

Last edited:

pranav0091

I am not an Owl
I'm using UC browser and quite satisfied with it (not a heavy user).

Same here. I just opened multiple pages from ign on mine under different tabs.. played around a bit.. no crashes, though navigating away from a tab unloads a tab immediately.

TBH, I have never ever seen IE crash on mine, but then again I am not a heavy user for sure.

I have seen UC browser crash plenty of times though.

And pressing back actually goes back in history for me, not sure why you are facing a problem. Are you switching between application between these "back" presses ?

sunil.001

Broken In
VLC for Windows Phone and Windows 8 gets closer to release as VideoLan gets Audio working in Metro | WMPoweruser

eagerly waiting for this

OP
Flash

Flash

Lost in speed
VLC says there's a limitation imposed by the guidelines of WP, in releasing the player. If Moliplayer can create an app for videos, why can't VLC?

Top Bottom