Lumia 520 : Discussion thread

Are you a Lumia 520 user?

• Total voters

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
How to install Windows Phone 8 Update 3

thank you.
has anybody tried installing it? since it is a preview , i think it will be risky and void warranty.
@those who installed gdr3/gdr2 :
in wifi settings, can you change all the settings like proxy,password,subnetmask,ip etc. or only 2 of them are active like in gdr1. can anybody confirm this please

ShankJ

Been There, Done That!!
Thanks..

I recently bought a 16GB memory card for my L520 but i was facing this problem of multiple video names in my previous memory card.. any wayi can prevent the duplicate names in this memory card.. Do i format and store everything again??

Not happening!!

Memory card solution??

OP
Flash

Flash

Lost in speed
Formatting is the only option. Format via phone, and put a song and open it in music+videos.
If it still shows duplicate entries, format again.

zacfx05

Eeeeh What's up. Doc!?
How to install Windows Phone 8 Update 3

Thanks for that link mate , have you installed it....?

thank you.
has anybody tried installing it? since it is a preview , i think it will be risky and void warranty.
@those who installed gdr3/gdr2 :
in wifi settings, can you change all the settings like proxy,password,subnetmask,ip etc. or only 2 of them are active like in gdr1. can anybody confirm this please

Mine is gdr2 i dont see any of the setting option you mentioned

Friends i have not read the whole thread but is there any app to measure the battery usage like in android battery info.

OP
Flash

Flash

Lost in speed

Yes. Am on GDR3. There are certain news that updating to earlier updates will void warranty, but who cares as long as i get what i need. :)
Have you tried Wifi>Advanced ?

You can try
Battery | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (भारत)

Insider | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (भारत)

Purported Nokia Lumia 525 Pictures Leaked | Ubergizmo

Welcome, bro, 525.. :mrgreen:

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
Yes. Am on GDR3. There are certain news that updating to earlier updates will void warranty, but who cares as long as i get what i need. :)

:
while editing wifi settings for a specific provider, only 2 options can be changed.i cant. change subnet mak,dns server etc. can it be changed in gdr3??

Friends i have not read the whole thread but is there any app to measure the battery usage like in android battery info.

so gdr2 didnt fix that :-(

ShankJ

Been There, Done That!!

You can try

Has the exact look as the L520 but 1 GB RAM!!! That cant be below 10K for sure..

ShankJ

Been There, Done That!!
But the price should fall between 520-620 right?

The price will be around that of L620 coz L525 is just missing the flash and front camera but has a bigger screen size and double the RAM.. so at the max 1K less than the price of L620..
Any more info on the hardware of L525??

OP
Flash

Flash

Lost in speed
Any particular video player app you using guys?

There's no video players for WP, apart from Yxplayer, i guess.. But that's premium and it claims to play .mkv files too.. Sadly there's no try'n'buy option for this app..

OP
Flash

Flash

Lost in speed
The price will be around that of L620 coz L525 is just missing the flash and front camera but has a bigger screen size and double the RAM.. so at the max 1K less than the price of L620..
Any more info on the hardware of L525??

Apart from the increase in RAM and slightly bigger size, nothing is leaked as of now..

But heard its coming with Nokia guru Bluetooth stereo headset..

raj_in

In the zone
i am using the default video player

& 525
i doubt will have 1gb ram
since the 625 didnt get the 1gb ram

zacfx05

Eeeeh What's up. Doc!?

You can try

Thanks mate

Piyush

Lanaya
There's no video players for WP, apart from Yxplayer, i guess.. But that's premium and it claims to play .mkv files too.. Sadly there's no try'n'buy option for this app..

What if I buy Yxplayer / VLC media player? Is it like yearly subscription or something?

ShankJ

Been There, Done That!!
Apart from the increase in RAM and slightly bigger size, nothing is leaked as of now..

But heard its coming with Nokia guru Bluetooth stereo headset..

Well then price of L525 = price of L620.. Market of L620 is going to take a major hit..

OP
Flash

Flash

Lost in speed
What if I buy Yxplayer / VLC media player? Is it like yearly subscription or something?

Not sure of Yxplayer, but this VLC media player is just a streaming player from PC.

This is a companion app for the famous VLC Media PLayer. With this app you can stream video from your VLC Media Player to your Windows Phone.

Top Bottom