Lumia 520 : Discussion thread

Are you a Lumia 520 user?

• Total voters

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
Just wait. But i don't think it will have major improvements over 520 apart from increase in ppi, maybe a front cam, maybe a better SoC, maybe with Clearblack, maybe a better battery with maybe a compass.
These are my guesses..

those are major improvements :p

pranav0091

I am not an Owl
I am betting incremental improvements. Front cam, compass and maybe a different screen size at the same resolution.

mohit9206

Ambassador of Buzz
^LOL those are major improvements.I hope the price is not more than 10k.But seriously i cannot wait any longer i have to buy L520 ASAP!! But i also dont want to regret not waiting. decisions decisions ....

OP
Flash

Flash

Lost in speed
At present, you can get 520 around 8-8.5K, so no problem in buying soon. You can wait till Oct 22. :)

mohit9206

Ambassador of Buzz
^ No am not waiting it will be unveiled on oct 22 then go on preorder in india in early november and be available to buy on online sites by mid november and be available in local stores by november end so thats like waiting 2 months.Also i dont need front cam,bigger display,music features,etc so lumia 520 is fine for me also 525 will cost atleast 10k at launch.

ShankJ

Been There, Done That!!
My WhatsApp has suddenly stopped sending images, tried reinstalling it but it had no effect.
Anyone else facing the same problem??

OP
Flash

Flash

Lost in speed
Stopped sending means ? - Not able to attach the images or is it 'uploading the image' forever?

sksundram

In the zone
So met this friend yesterday and he showed me his lumia 520 which was lagging like sarkari babus. My brother has a lumia and it never lagged. He told me and showed me as well how when a call comes, the screen goes blank for 4–5 seconds, and when he try to repeatedly open and close default camera app, the visuals on screen resemble those on TV when the antenna moved from its rightful place.. Even after soft as well as hard resetting the phone, the problem continues.. So what could be the problem and its solution.. Also he has whatsapp and Nokia apps installed.. So i don't think this is coz of any of them..

Hard reset would help. Something must be broken as I have never experienced such a lag.

Another observation :- L520 signal reception is quite average. I have Airtel in both Lumia and S3. I was getting network in S3 and not in L520 during my last trip.

But the battery in this phone is just so good.

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
Got Amber update on the 520.

Did a reset after the update and its gone :D. Now the update wont show up.

why did you reset after updating?

Another observation :- L520 signal reception is quite average. I have Airtel in both Lumia and S3. I was getting network in S3 and not in L520 during my last trip.

But the battery in this phone is just so good.

it is just opposite for me. i have nokia 7210 supernova and nokia 6080. signal reception of lumia 520 is much much better than these two.

why did you reset after updating?

it is just opposite for me. i have nokia 7210 supernova and nokia 6080. signal reception of lumia 520 is much much better than these two.

The phone was being used by a friend. I wanted a fresh start. I think if they are updating it the update should remain right?

rijinpk1

Aspiring Novelist
The phone was being used by a friend. I wanted a fresh start. I think if they are updating it the update should remain right?

hard reset will reset the phone to factory settings. since you purchased this phone without amber, after hard reset ,it will revert back to settings without amber. but since new phones are released with amber, they may not face an issue.

hard reset will reset the phone to factory settings. since you purchased this phone without amber, after hard reset ,it will revert back to settings without amber. but since new phones are released with amber, they may not face an issue.

I guess you are right but then again I expected the update to remain.

Edit : I guess If I update using Nokia software it would remain.

Top Bottom