Lots of Doubts

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluespace

Broken In
one of my friend just bought a new pc "Intel® Pentium® 4 processor 520
HT 2.80, Intel Original Motherboard with ATI radeon xpress 200 series chipset with 512 MB ram
, he wanted win2000 instead of XP, so i tried installing windows 2000 but sadly
the process of installation went on very slowly, after installation when i installed SP4 the system
became more and more slow, then when i check my computer properties it showed only intel pentium processor
without notifiing its speed, then in the device manager the processor link was gone (which i noted in earlier OS XP)
did the processor 2.80 HT need specially installed in win2000?
now the system is having XP SP1, 80GB SATA partitioned, as 15GB c: FAT32, then 5, 8GB NTFS partion, and last 16GB or so as Fat32 (why we choose fat was because to install a hard drive image program)

so here are my doubts,

1) wont windows 2000 be installed in this PC (did it need updating to show processor in device
manager)

2) what he opt for was intel 915 board, and got ATI radeon xpress 200 series ,
is this chipset better than 915, if not what series of 915 would be better (like gavl, ggcl )

3) his samsung dvd combo is manufactured by TSSTcorp, is this good or bad than the original samsung combo

4) just after 3 days the system gets restarted (or the games closes)
when playing games like , f1 challenge, condition zero etc.

it would be kind of anyone solves these doubts

mediator

Technomancer
Hi, I dunno about 2nd problem but
1. 2000 can be intsalled
3. All Samsung CD/DVD drives have the worst repute! It came in some articles that most of 'em have tray in tray out problem. I have a samsung combo maself bought in 2003 and its nearly dead now...DOesnt function at all! This months or previous month Digit gives best CD/DVD drives..check em out!
4. The restart problem can be because of numerous causes.....RAM/hardisk failure,badsectors.....or high temperature effects in ur cabinet!

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
samsung drives r not this bad,hah! they have some problems

restart problem: check ur cpu & cabinet temp soon after the reboot in BIOS,i think u have a faulty RAM which can not handle high FPS(frame rate per second)

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
I have the same combo drive though mine was purchased a lot eariler. It is really bad in functioning. It gives me a lot of errors specially while burning cd's and many times in booting the cd's too though the same cd's are bootable in the LG cd drive.

Ankur Gupta

Wandering in time...
U shudnt have opted for samsung drive wen better options are available in the market at the same price.
i bought one an year ago and after getting it repaired 5-6 times from the customer care center i had to ask them to replace it.
after replacement(ie. changing the entire inner mechanism keeping the outer case same) it worked fine.
but off late it has started givin buffer underrun errors :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom