Looking for a grpahics card around 8k

saswat23

Human Spambot
Grpahics card around 8k

Hi guys, I am looking for to buy a graphics card around 8k

Initially I was looking for HD 6850 and GTX-560 but none of them are available now.
GTX-650Ti is another good option but it costs a min. 10k every where.

So, now I have aimed for the HD 7770.

1. Which Power Supply do you have? (Be EXACT while naming the company and model)
Ans: FSP SAGA-II 500

2. What is your budget?

Ans: Around 8k-8.5k

3. Which resolution will you game at?
Ans: 1600x900 at max

4. What are your current computer specifications?
Ans: i5-2400, P8H77-M PRO, 4GB DDR3 RAM, Dell IN2020M

Is gigabyte a good brand for graphics card?
I found this one to be best in my budget: Gigabyte AMD/ATI GV-R777OC-1GD 1 GB GDDR5 Graphics Card: Flipkart.com
This one is a OCed edition (even better than MSI HD 7770 PE I believe) where as others brands are offering normal GHz edition at this price.

So, should I get this one or should I look for some other model??

any suggestions???

Last edited:
OP
saswat23

saswat23

Human Spambot
Get Sapphire 7770, stay away from gigabyte as they are horrible in providing warranty. Sapphire 7770 is 8.5k

I couldn't find any Sapphire HD 7770 for under 9.3k.
Gigabyte one is the cheapest I could find. Even a Power Color HD 7770 was available for ~8.4k on flipkart, but now they have hiked its price by 1k.
And here in BBSR PowerColor costs around 9.3k, Asus HD 7770 costs around 10k and MSI around 8.5k.

BTW what's the problem with Gigabyte's service?

Last edited:

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
^^ Gigabyte's service maybe isn't as good as MSI but is okay. Grab that card saswat. Its best for your budget and resolution.
You are getting an OC version at a very good price buddy.

I would also advice you to save up a bit and consider the 650-ti. Its more powerful than 7770, is ideal for 1600x900 and more future proof in that resolution.
Besides, it will also give you an option to enable TXAA (anti-aliasing) in upcoming games like crysis 3 and lot others. Infact both 7770 and 650-ti will get crippled if MSAA is activated
even in slightest demanding games owing to their shorter memory bus and 1gb vram.

650-ti will give you that aliasing free image quality in games which has TXAA at playable framerates. So if possible, add 1.5k more and grab the 650-ti.

OP
saswat23

saswat23

Human Spambot
GTX-650Ti costs around 10k+ every where.
And here in BBSR GTX-650Ti costs nothing less than 12k, be it Asus or Palit.
I have talked to MSI distributor here, he says GTX-650Ti would cost around 10k+tax. Even he is not sure, it might cost more too. He has asked me to wait for around a week to know about the proper model and pricing.

BTW any idea about gigabyte's service here in BBSR?

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
GTX-650Ti costs around 10k+ every where.
And here in BBSR GTX-650Ti costs nothing less than 12k, be it Asus or Palit.
I have talked to MSI distributor here, he says GTX-650Ti would cost around 10k+tax. Even he is not sure, it might cost more too. He has asked me to wait for around a week to know about the proper model and pricing.

BTW any idea about gigabyte's service here in BBSR?

Accel Frontline handle gigabyte RMA in bbsr.

ACCEL FRONTLINE SERVICES LTD
Plot No-444,
Saheed Nagar
Bhubaneswar
Mr. Jitendra kumar tripathy
674 2547202,2547204

Go with gigabyte buddy.

OP
saswat23

saswat23

Human Spambot
^^
Already contacted 'em over that no. But they said their office has moved to a different location and they dont have contact of their new office.
Also Accel denied of providing service for Gigabyte. So, after searching a lot I found another contact who is in marketing dept. of Gigabyte here. Asked him and he said only gigabyte mobos are available here so service is available only for mobos only. He doesn't know anything about graphics card's service.
He has asked me to wait for a day or two till he confirms about graphics card's service here.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
I live in bbsr too and plan to buy a HD 7770 as well..I can confirm that we have a msi service center over here though..plz notify me on what brand u end up purchasing as I will get one as well...maybe we can help each other out when service centers go problems ;)

vickybat

I am the night...I am...
^^
Already contacted 'em over that no. But they said their office has moved to a different location and they dont have contact of their new office.
Also Accel denied of providing service for Gigabyte. So, after searching a lot I found another contact who is in marketing dept. of Gigabyte here. Asked him and he said only gigabyte mobos are available here so service is available only for mobos only. He doesn't know anything about graphics card's service.
He has asked me to wait for a day or two till he confirms about graphics card's service here.

Saswat can you save up and buy the 650-ti? If yes, then pick zotac. Digilink is the service centre for MSI, intel, zotac and asus in bbsr.
If your budget is strictly 8k , then pick MSI 7770 locally and bargain too.

Let me look up and find some info on gigabyte RMA in bbsr. Can you pm me your number? I had misplaced it.

OP
saswat23

saswat23

Human Spambot
I live in bbsr too and plan to buy a HD 7770 as well..I can confirm that we have a msi service center over here though..plz notify me on what brand u end up purchasing as I will get one as well...maybe we can help each other out when service centers go problems ;)

Well as you can see Gigabyte HD 7770 I am looking for is a great option, but I am concerned about its warranty.
MSI HD 7770 can be made available for around 8.2k+tax i.e 8.4k. But I suppose its the non OCed edition.
PowerColor HD 7770 costs around 9.3k and Asus and XFX cost around 10k.

Do ask me whenever you need my help.

Saswat can you save up and buy the 650-ti? If yes, then pick zotac. Digilink is the service centre for MSI, intel, zotac and asus in bbsr.
If your budget is strictly 8k , then pick MSI 7770 locally and bargain too.

Let me look up and find some info on gigabyte RMA in bbsr. Can you pm me your number? I had misplaced it.

I badly need info about gigabyte's service centre info for graphics card here. Any help would be really greatful.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
I've seen one of our forum member ( can't remember the thread and name ) has bought the HD7770 PE at ~8.4k.

OP
saswat23

saswat23

Human Spambot
^^
IMO the gigabyte one would be a better option as its an OCed model.

BTW how is your Gigabyte HD 5770 performing?

I've seen one of our forum member ( can't remember the thread and name ) has bought the HD7770 PE at ~8.4k.

I couldnt find HD 7770 PE under 9k any where.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
pe is just a gimmick afaik..u won't see any temp difference betn a regular 2 fan card and a pe card with both fans attached

PS be sure to check nigam computers over at saheed nagar..I'd say they give the best IT deals over here

Top Bottom