Looking for a grpahics card around 8k

OP
saswat23

saswat23

Human Spambot
^^
you mean Nigma computers right.
Well I think its the worst dealer i have ever been to. They are only good for those who buy in bulk.
When i had been to Nigma last yr, he was offering i5-2400 with H55 board. Hearing that I never ever went back to 'em again.
I always prefer Gadget World - Computer House.

BTW where do you stay in BBSR?

nickreynold

Journeyman
Hello Saswat and Nerevarine. I am from Bhubaneswar too and planning to purchase my PC in this Jan-Feb. Earlier my brothers decided to buy my PC through credit card but their limit was up and so I decided to wait. Luckily the i3 3rd gen version is out and I am looking for a deal there. As per the two things I would like to mention is- First we do not find a decent graphics card at a decent price and if we get, we face the warranty issue as most service centers give only motherboard service. We buy thinking that we have the service center here but we face the reality when we seek warranty. Second when I read the PSU thread and came to know about their importance, I decided to buy a decent one but after inquiring 2-3 shops they said they never heard about brands like Corsair. Coolermaster is bit priced for me and I think it did not have service center here in BBSR but now recently I saw a small shop selling Thunder series 600w and the banner said Abacus peripherals. I had contacted them for GPU and they said they have powercolor brand HD 777o but it was some months ago. I asked my brother to bring me from new delhi and he bought me corsair CX430v2 after I searched internet and gave his address of the shop in new delhi after looking through their online store. They are one the 2 shops in the entire neheru place area who stores corsair products and the guy at the store said all india service and also test ran the product when my brother said he will taking it to BBSR. Now I am stuck with GPU. I am been to Nigam and another dealer(who was my relative and I am buying from him for over 10 yrs but now he has given the shop to someone else to run and that person is very decent and knows me too as other old employees know me well) and both gave me almost same quotation. But the GPU they have is DDR3 and they said the local PSU is good enough to run them. But I want a decent GPU and I had 10k for that only but now due to some crisis, I had spent some money and I am at 8k but will make that up when I am ready to buy. I think I will go for ASUS although its bit costly. I had also asked the dealer to inquire about it. The problem is that even if I have 30k for PC and 8K for GPU(although some money will be left from PC and will be added to GPU) I am in delima to throw my old P4 pc for 9 years. My parents would kill me if they know I spent this amount for pc as my old PC costed me around 34k that time(Zenith system). I am trying to make a way out as I will pack up my old pc and tell my parents that just the monitor and cpu cabinet changed and inside its everything old. They would kill me no matter even if I would say the cost is 3-5k. But that is my personal matter. Can you give me the price and list of cards you have searched for in BBSR and the names of the shops you did. Thanks a lot.

OP
saswat23

saswat23

Human Spambot
^^
I generally prefer Gadget World and Taragus Technologies.
Here you can get MSI cards also. PowerColor, ASUS and XFX are very costly here. So, MSI is the best option.
Regarding service, you can avail service for Asus, XFX, CM, Corsair, Sapphire, MSI, Zotac, AsRock, Biostar, Sparkle, Palit and Gigabyte (motherboards, not sure about graphics card though) here

Regarding price:
Asus/XFX HD 7770 1GB -- Rs.10,500
Asus/XFX HD 7770 2GB -- Rs.12,000
Asus/XFX HD 7850 2GB -- Rs.17,500
Asus/XFX GTX-650Ti -- Rs,12,500
PowerColor HD 7770 1GB -- Rs.9400
MSI HD 7770 (model not known) -- Rs.8400

To get MSI cards, you need to talk their distributor here.

techdabangg

Broken In
Hello Saswat and Nerevarine. I am from Bhubaneswar too and planning to purchase my PC in this Jan-Feb. Earlier my brothers decided to buy my PC through credit card but their limit was up and so I decided to wait. Luckily the i3 3rd gen version is out and I am looking for a deal there. As per the two things I would like to mention is- First we do not find a decent graphics card at a decent price and if we get, we face the warranty issue as most service centers give only motherboard service. We buy thinking that we have the service center here but we face the reality when we seek warranty. Second when I read the PSU thread and came to know about their importance, I decided to buy a decent one but after inquiring 2-3 shops they said they never heard about brands like Corsair. Coolermaster is bit priced for me and I think it did not have service center here in BBSR but now recently I saw a small shop selling Thunder series 600w and the banner said Abacus peripherals. I had contacted them for GPU and they said they have powercolor brand HD 777o but it was some months ago. I asked my brother to bring me from new delhi and he bought me corsair CX430v2 after I searched internet and gave his address of the shop in new delhi after looking through their online store. They are one the 2 shops in the entire neheru place area who stores corsair products and the guy at the store said all india service and also test ran the product when my brother said he will taking it to BBSR. Now I am stuck with GPU. I am been to Nigam and another dealer(who was my relative and I am buying from him for over 10 yrs but now he has given the shop to someone else to run and that person is very decent and knows me too as other old employees know me well) and both gave me almost same quotation. But the GPU they have is DDR3 and they said the local PSU is good enough to run them. But I want a decent GPU and I had 10k for that only but now due to some crisis, I had spent some money and I am at 8k but will make that up when I am ready to buy. I think I will go for ASUS although its bit costly. I had also asked the dealer to inquire about it. The problem is that even if I have 30k for PC and 8K for GPU(although some money will be left from PC and will be added to GPU) I am in delima to throw my old P4 pc for 9 years. My parents would kill me if they know I spent this amount for pc as my old PC costed me around 34k that time(Zenith system). I am trying to make a way out as I will pack up my old pc and tell my parents that just the monitor and cpu cabinet changed and inside its everything old. They would kill me no matter even if I would say the cost is 3-5k. But that is my personal matter. Can you give me the price and list of cards you have searched for in BBSR and the names of the shops you did. Thanks a lot.

Ohhhh boy... what a post.

@nickreynold - can you please format it so other would be able to understand the whole thing properly.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
I would say go for the Asus GTX 650 Ti - every gfx card is over priced for sure but it's the least over priced card.

nickreynold

Journeyman
Sorry for the long post. formatting it-

1) Decided to buy i3 2nd gen 2120 but due to financial problem(credit card limit up) will now be buying through cash and its good that i3 3rd gen is out. I will be adding a good GPU so the base model 3220 would be OK.

2)Local dealers here are not well informed about the GPU brands and the importance of good PSU. Lately I have seen some good brands of PSU being available in the market. Most of them sell GPU cards priced at 3k-4k and they say the cheap PSU is ok to run it as we assemble 50-60 systems a day and everything works well. If you need good GPU then you have to pre order it and the price is high compared to buy online or get from outside.

3) Even if you buy from outside or from the local dealers, they sell it and say the service center is here but when you go to the service center, the service center tells you that they only service motherboards and not GPU. Then you have to contact their head office or regional office and send to nearest big city for repair or replacement. Also sometimes the service center is here(because they service other brands like Kaizen sevices D-link, mercury and other products and also corsair products)but you wont find the product easily in the market.

4) After reading the importance of PSU in this forum, I decided to get a decent PSU but since nobody here heard about decent PSU, I asked my brother to bring one from New Delhi after I visited that shop's online store which is one of the two shops in neheru place area in new delhi which stores corsair product and my brother got it tested there after buying it and brought it home when he last visited in october. The PSU is- Corsair CX 430 v2. Cooler master brands are now available in my local market but the price range would be high though.

5) I was just asking if anybody knows the price and model(OC or non-OC) version of HD 7770 in the local market and if they have the service center facility or RMA facility. If the price is marginal difference from online or from New Delhi, I will buy from here. But first has to be sure that the service center or RMA do take care of GPU.

6) Since my parents opposed when we bought our first computer(still running) Zenith brand at 30k in 2003, they might not like of buying a new one as this one is still running. Also they might say computer is not needed now. So, I will pack up the old computer and tell them that the monitor(which is flickering now) and cabinet case is upgraded only and it took 5k. They will be angry but not that much if I tell them it took 30k PC and 10k GPU. I have 8k in hand and 2k I will adjust for GPU.

I would say go for the Asus GTX 650 Ti - every gfx card is over priced for sure but it's the least over priced card.

Can it handled by my PSU-Corsair CX430v2? Other specification may be-

Core i3 2nd gen 2120/ 3rd gen 3220
8GB DDR3 RAM
500GB Sata HDD
21.5 inch full HD monitor
DVD RW
1TB External HDD if necessary

Thanks.

nickreynold

Journeyman
Thanks saswat, but I have made up my mind for HD 7770(Asus). So switching to GTX 650 Ti would be ok considering the price difference? I mean what may be price difference and performance because I may not spend 2k-3k if the performance is not much noticable. Can you post the price of Asus GTX 650 Ti? My budget is 10k inclusive of tax.( I saw the price drop on Asus HD 7770 card of ebay with new cover. Earlier it was around 10.3k but now 2-3 stores are selling as much as 9.3k)

OP
saswat23

saswat23

Human Spambot
AFAIK GTX-650Ti costs a min of 10.6k everywhere.

But why do wanna get Asus only? For 9.3k, you can easily get MSI HD 7770 Power Edition which is a much better option.

Where do you live BTW?

nickreynold

Journeyman
The only problem is you also know the service center issue. Asus has been a good brand in the local market especially when talking about motherboards flooding the market. Its good build. When I inquired about monitors, the dealer told me i ball gives good deal in LED monitors too and it comes with integrated speakers even with the 20 inch. But its warranty is carry in whereas samsung is onsite and both for 3 years. Samsung is normally in stock where I ball is not. But I prefer samsung. I can opt for MSI card you mentioned if it has service center facility. Can you tell me the shop where you got that price of both MSI and GTX cards and its service center if you know it. I think is Digisol,sahid nagar(motherboards but not sure about GPU) and for Asus, I think its Rashi(same for motherboard but do not know for GPU). Is the card you mentioned is a OC or non OC version? Thanks

BTW-I live in the Chandrasekharpur area.

Nerevarine

Incarnate
well I bought i3 2120 for 6500 from nigama when all other shops quoted 7+ k price for 2100...
anyway have you decided on what to buy ?

Nerevarine

Incarnate
I know its too late to say but mdcomputers have asus hd 7770 for Rs 8081..
saswat..
did u find out about the gigabyte service center here ?

OP
saswat23

saswat23

Human Spambot
I think Saswat has already made his purchase from SMC, the Gigabyte HD 7770.
Nope, bought it from flipkart instead. Cost me 8.35k.
But the thing is they didnt give me the rev.1 model as mentioned on their website (1100MHz Core clock and 5000MHz Memory clock), instead they shipped me the rev.2 model (1050Mhz Core Clock and 4500 Memory clock)
When I asked them about this matter, they saID Gigabyte HD 7770 is now out of stock SO REPLACEMENT IS NOT POSSIBLE. And if I want they can refund my money back. They have asked me to send a snap of the outer box so that they can confirm this.
And when I called, MD Computers, they said they dont have any HD 7770 available with them.

So, what should I do? Should I keep this one or ask fk for a refund?

I know its too late to say but mdcomputers have asus hd 7770 for Rs 8081..
saswat..
did u find out about the gigabyte service center here ?

Didnt find any.
Had a conversation with Gigabyte, check it out.
(conversation starts from bottom to top)

*s8.postimage.org/giorio139/combo.jpg

Last edited:

Nerevarine

Incarnate
oh crap :( ur in trouble .. i think you should get that refund buddy..if there are no service centers, go for MSI or XFX .. I know XFX is rashi but what choice do u have now ?

*mdcomputers.in/index.php?route=product/product&path=104_144_191&product_id=1926

Sainatarajan

Wise Old Owl
Those FK guys should have updated their website about the new specs...... I think you should do what Nerevarine said.....

OP
saswat23

saswat23

Human Spambot
oh crap :( ur in trouble .. i think you should get that refund buddy..if there are no service centers, go for MSI or XFX .. I know XFX is rashi but what choice do u have now ?

ASUS GRAPHICS CARD HD 7770 1GB DDR5

Those FK guys should have updated their website about the new specs...... I think you should do what Nerevarine said.....

Well, if I get refund from them, then I will probably wait to get a HD 7850 2GB instead.
MD Computer's pricing is really great.

I am also getting BSODs sometimes after installing this card. So, is it a problem with this card?

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!

XFS? Nobody in their right state of mind would buy XFS cards in India. Please refrain from suggesting it.

Cilus

laborare est orare
I had a chat with Vedant Computer and HD 7770 seems to be out of stock in Kolkata, for most of the brands. But why not from smc? You can have a look at this card: MSI R7770-2PMD1GD5 GRAPHIC CARD

Although it is the stock card (1000 MHz Core, 1125 MHz GDDR5 or 4500 MHz effective), it comes with a great cooler and I don't think 100 MHz overclock is going to be a problem. You can also overclock the memory to around 1170 MHz or 4680 MHz effective speed with ease. Including Shipping, the cost will still be within 8K.

Top Bottom