Looking for a grpahics card around 8k

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
@ saswat - why not ask the Op here about the source of HD7770 @ 7.2k .. I've asked him already anway - so a wait a little more if you can :
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/graphic-cards/168553-graphic-card-required-8k.html

OP
saswat23

saswat23

Human Spambot
I had a chat with Vedant Computer and HD 7770 seems to be out of stock in Kolkata, for most of the brands. But why not from smc? You can have a look at this card: MSI R7770-2PMD1GD5 GRAPHIC CARD

Although it is the stock card (1000 MHz Core, 1125 MHz GDDR5 or 4500 MHz effective), it comes with a great cooler and I don't think 100 MHz overclock is going to be a problem. You can also overclock the memory to around 1170 MHz or 4680 MHz effective speed with ease. Including Shipping, the cost will still be within 8K.

Well, HD 7770 is not even available at SMC Int. I have already asked 'em.

@ saswat - why not ask the Op here about the source of HD7770 @ 7.2k .. I've asked him already anway - so a wait a little more if you can :
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/graphic-cards/168553-graphic-card-required-8k.html
its his local dealer, and he is gonna arrange the card somewhere from Delhi.

I got a call yesterday from a distributor of MSI from Chennai. He said he can arrange MSI products here in BBSR.

Price he quoted:
* HD 7770: 8.3k+tax
* GTX-650Ti: 10.3k+tax
* HD 7850 2GB: 14.5k+tax
all these are the normal versions. The PE versions will cost even more.

nickreynold

Journeyman
I think Neoteric is the distributor of MSI in Bhubaneswar. Someone told me. It may be wrong.Saswat may know about this.Thanks for the price quotes. Sorry to ask but what is PE version? Is it better than the OC version or some how different? As far as Saswat got the card from Flipkart, I think he should return it because its not that what he wanted. But if he wants to keep it, its his choice. Also those Flipkart guys, even if you did not upgrade your website for the availability of the card advertised, at least they could have called Saswat before sending the other card and ask him whether to ship it or not. They could have also put a notice showing that please contact us before placing a order or paying online. Now even if they are willing to return and give a refund, which is good but its jsut more hassle.I think I have selected these two cards(my price is 10k inclusive of tax if its HD 7770. For GTX 650 Ti, I may go up to 1-2k if I manage it. Since Saswat says that my Corsair CX430 V2 can handle 650 Ti, I am also keeping that option open).-

HD 7770-

MSI Global ? Graphics Card - R7770 Power Edition 1GD5/OC

MSI Global ? Graphics Card - R7770-2PMD1GD5/OC

650 Ti-

MSI Global ? Graphics Card - N650Ti-1GD5/OC

MSI Global ? Graphics Card - N650Ti PE 1GD5/OC

I have to first find out which of these cards available here in Bhubaneswar, where and at what price?

OP
saswat23

saswat23

Human Spambot
I had asked Neoteric about Gigabyte's service long back. They had denied.
I probably will ask fk to take the card back and will wait till I save up to get a HD 7850 1GB or 2GB.

@nickreynold,
GTX-650Ti is a good card for 10.8k, but its the normal one. PE is likely to cost around 11.5k here. So, its better you spend 1k more and get HD 7850 1GB.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
@ nickreynold - if you want you can take the GTX 650 Ti non PE ( the price is good IMO ) and OC it upto the level of Zotac GTX 650 Ti Amp ! ;-) - what you'll get is ~17% lesser performance compared to HD7850 ( stock ) but better would be to do what saswat has suggested.

vkl

Cyborg Agent
@nickreynold
Pick hd7850 if you can stretch your budget.It is worth the extra money.HD7850 is ~30-35% faster on average than gtx650ti.

nickreynold

Journeyman
Thanks Saswat, Nerevarine and Topgear for all the information. I think I will stick to HD 7770 OC version or should go for GTX 650 Ti. Its would be Ok for me as I think. What do you say? I am not that avid gamer. Even if I do increase my budget to get HD 7850 1GB as suggested by Saswat, won't it be a over burden on my PSU considering the other items of my PC? Dear Saswat, Neotric I was talking about is the distributor of MSI in Bhubaneswar and as I said, I may be wrong.

@vkl. Thanks and taking your advice under consideration, I will also look for that card and my budget. The only thing worrying me is the PSU because if these cards-7850 and 650Ti are more power hungry, then it would take the toll on my PSU.(Corsair CX 430V2).

Last edited:

vkl

Cyborg Agent
HD7850 is not that power hungry.Cx430v2 can handle it fine.It can provide the rated 336Watts on its +12V rails.
HD7850+i7 2600k@4.8GHz Power draw
With a locked 2nd/3rd gen i3/i5 the power draw would be even lower.

OP
saswat23

saswat23

Human Spambot
@saswat23
Can you give me no. Or any info about the dealer in Chennai. Very good prices.

Check your visitor msg.
Pricing is not good IMO. If these pricing had been of the PE editions, then fine.
For normal edition pricing is very high.
Around a month back, FK was selling the OCed edition of HD 7770 for 8.1k, where as this guy quotes 8.3k+tax. Also HD 7850 PE was available for 15.2k, where as this guy quotes 14.5k+tax i.e 15.2k for the normal edition.

Have a look at the pics:
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/show-off/45694-post-your-latest-purchase-573.html#post1819165

Last edited:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
at-least the price of GTX 650 ti is good and it's around 8-10% faster than HD7770 and is a good choice for nickreynold.

nickreynold

Journeyman
Thanks all for the information and providing the choice.
According to your Suggestions, I have zeroed down to 3 cards. Just suggest me in term of performance starting from the lowest. I will see the availability and whichever suits my budget.3 cards are- HD 7770 OC edition, GTX 650 Ti and HD 7850 1GB. I presume that any of the card will run OK with these configuration and PSU according all of you. Correct me if I am wrong. Thanks.

Last edited:

nickreynold

Journeyman
^^ Create your own thread about your queries. Don't hijack other's thread.
I do not want to hijack any one thread and just wanted to know whether the components I am planning to buy will run OK with all of these cards suggested.But I have edited it so that no one takes any offence. Sorry for all the trouble caused.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Thanks all for the information and providing the choice.
According to your Suggestions, I have zeroed down to 3 cards. Just suggest me in term of performance starting from the lowest. I will see the availability and whichever suits my budget..

3 cards are- HD 7770 OC edition, GTX 650 Ti and HD 7850 1GB. I presume that any of the card will run OK with these configuration and PSU according all of you. Correct me if I am wrong. Thanks

you have already arranged them in right order and all of them will run just fine with CX430v2 ( and core i3 SB/IB cpu )

OP
saswat23

saswat23

Human Spambot
FK will arrange the reverse pickup tomorrow. They dont have any HD 7770 in stock so, they will refund my money back.
BTW how long does it take for the refund to reflect in my Bank Account?

Nerevarine

Incarnate
Sorry for the long post. formatting it-

1) Decided to buy i3 2nd gen 2120 but due to financial problem(credit card limit up) will now be buying through cash and its good that i3 3rd gen is out. I will be adding a good GPU so the base model 3220 would be OK.

2)Local dealers here are not well informed about the GPU brands and the importance of good PSU. Lately I have seen some good brands of PSU being available in the market. Most of them sell GPU cards priced at 3k-4k and they say the cheap PSU is ok to run it as we assemble 50-60 systems a day and everything works well. If you need good GPU then you have to pre order it and the price is high compared to buy online or get from outside.

3) Even if you buy from outside or from the local dealers, they sell it and say the service center is here but when you go to the service center, the service center tells you that they only service motherboards and not GPU. Then you have to contact their head office or regional office and send to nearest big city for repair or replacement. Also sometimes the service center is here(because they service other brands like Kaizen sevices D-link, mercury and other products and also corsair products)but you wont find the product easily in the market.

4) After reading the importance of PSU in this forum, I decided to get a decent PSU but since nobody here heard about decent PSU, I asked my brother to bring one from New Delhi after I visited that shop's online store which is one of the two shops in neheru place area in new delhi which stores corsair product and my brother got it tested there after buying it and brought it home when he last visited in october. The PSU is- Corsair CX 430 v2. Cooler master brands are now available in my local market but the price range would be high though.

5) I was just asking if anybody knows the price and model(OC or non-OC) version of HD 7770 in the local market and if they have the service center facility or RMA facility. If the price is marginal difference from online or from New Delhi, I will buy from here. But first has to be sure that the service center or RMA do take care of GPU.

6) Since my parents opposed when we bought our first computer(still running) Zenith brand at 30k in 2003, they might not like of buying a new one as this one is still running. Also they might say computer is not needed now. So, I will pack up the old computer and tell them that the monitor(which is flickering now) and cabinet case is upgraded only and it took 5k. They will be angry but not that much if I tell them it took 30k PC and 10k GPU. I have 8k in hand and 2k I will adjust for GPU.

Can it handled by my PSU-Corsair CX430v2? Other specification may be-

Core i3 2nd gen 2120/ 3rd gen 3220
8GB DDR3 RAM
500GB Sata HDD
21.5 inch full HD monitor
DVD RW
1TB External HDD if necessary

Thanks.

make a new thread please.. dont hijack XD

but to answer ur question

Get a i3 3220 man, 2nd gen i3 is obsolete now ..

nickreynold

Journeyman
make a new thread please.. dont hijack XD

but to answer ur question

Get a i3 3220 man, 2nd gen i3 is obsolete now ..

Sorry for the trouble. I just wanted to make sure the 3 GPUs suggested whether will run OK with these set up so that I will choose any of them according the availability and price. Never had the intention of hijacking someone's thread and Saswat and you are just like my brothers as we all stay in the same place. Thanks for your reply and sorry for the trouble caused.

you have already arranged them in right order and all of them will run just fine with CX430v2 ( and core i3 SB/IB cpu )

Thanks so much topgear and everyone else for your valuable information. My doubts are all cleared now.

Top Bottom