Logitech MX518 Optical Gaming Mouse

masach315

War4Peace
At the end, what we buy is decided by our budget. Get the MX518 and hope to see your review. Regarding surface, it will work find even on glass surface. I'm also not a hardcore gamer and used MX518 with CM Storm Battle Pad. Both are enough for my use

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
MX518 is the best one can get @1.4K
~2K budget Deathadder is the best choice..
G500 is also a good mouse ~3K.

Sarath

iDota
I sometimes feel people just buy a mouse according to the budget they have. I haven't come across a review of all the mice which says for eg: why the GS500 is miles ahead of the MX518

My choice of imperator was coupled with lack of awareness (apart from GS500) and the design of imperator which I loved and really impressed me, I knew nothing about its specs. Having said that I can't say its better than the MX518 I used a long time ago in a gaming cafe (he told me not to tell anyone that there's a 518 in house :)) )
And imperator sells for twice as much as the MX518. So all this recommendation for DA, GS500, Naga etc confuses me. Is it comparatively better or is it a personal sole experience, I wonder.

I think it is more important that you get the fit right. The imperator is an excellent mouse for a palm grip. Unfortunately I use finger grip to hold my mouse. This is an expensive realisation. I would like you all to realise it before the purchase and not be in my state. (I love the Imperator though :D)
I was told in the forum by someone else that most mice come in the (body fit type) countoured packaging. That way you can get your fit right.

For a gaming mouse I would say:
~ The DPI is a useless number. The minimum found in the entry level gaming mouse is what you will be using in any mouse be it the GS500 or the naga i.e. around 1800DPI +/-400
~ Get the fit right (should be about 90% of buying criteria)
~ More money = More buttons (as simple as that) Pay for them only if you need them. The most notable features of the buttons on the mice are "on the fly DPI adjustment" - useful in FPS games and few Macro buttons (depends on the user completely)
~ Look for warranty. Its a gaming mouse. You will never abuse something so much in your life as you will do a gaming mouse. So see to it that it survives a gamers usage cycle.

Krow

Crowman
Yeah ok I will check out the fit before buying. :) Really nice post. Thanks for taking the trouble to explain. :)

Krow

Crowman
Who handles Razer RMA? Logitech is handled by Rashi if I'm not mistaken.

Thanks for resizing the pictures, Nipun. And is this (Razer Goliathus Fragged Speed - Omega (small) mouse pad) the Goliathus control mousepad you guys were mentioning?

EDIT: I think it should be this one (Razer Goliathus Fragged Control - Omega (small) mouse pad). Right?

OP
Nipun

Nipun

Whompy Whomperson
^Yes, it is control one. And yes, logitech is handled by Rashi :(

EDIT: This is my 555th post... hehe :))

Last edited:

Krow

Crowman
Found my answer, Razer RMA is handled by Acro Engineering and Tirupathi Enterprises.

Acro Engineering is owned by SMC International if posts on other forums are to be believed.

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
Tiupathi Enterprises handles Razer RMA.

I am using control edition. Because at 3200dpi. The last thing you want is a bit more acceleration (atles t.. thats what I think). So, I chose control edition. It is quite good.

Krow

Crowman
I'm going to go to SMC International tomorrow and pick up a Razer Death Adder and Goliathus Control mousepad. DA will cost me about Rs 2,250 at SMC. Is that a rip-off?

PS: Decided on DA as MX518 is EOL apparently and I want to avoid Rashi as much as possible.

Tenida

Gadget Freak
I have this mouse too using it with Razer Goliathus Dragon Age II(speed edition).Its really a super mouse at 1.3K:)
Btw. great review Nipun :)

aniket.cain

Padawan
I'm going to go to SMC International tomorrow and pick up a Razer Death Adder and Goliathus Control mousepad. DA will cost me about Rs 2,250 at SMC. Is that a rip-off?

PS: Decided on DA as MX518 is EOL apparently and I want to avoid Rashi as much as possible.

I bought my DA from 1850/- using a discount coupon some time back. Anyways, get the Black Edition of DA, which looker cooler, and has a better grip.

Sarath

iDota
Found my answer, Razer RMA is handled by Acro Engineering and Tirupathi Enterprises.

Acro Engineering is owned by SMC International if posts on other forums are to be believed.

Acro didn't reply to my mail about the faulty Imperator. :( Damn them!
I somehow found them to be the importers of the Razer products sold through letsbuy (its on the box actually :) )

Krow

Crowman
Well, they are distributors, so they will import too I guess.

Found a good coupon on Homeshop18, but order failed for some reason. Will try again in the morning.

mithun_mrg

Cyborg Agent
i am using 1800 DPI on my abyssys with goliathus speed i switch to 3600 dpi only while sniping again the choice of mat is completely individual taste i would suggest to get a feel of both the mats before deciding

Found a good coupon on Homeshop18, but order failed for some reason. Will try again in the morning.

please avoid HS18

Krow

Crowman
Why avoid them? Got my Xbox controller from them without hassle.
Going to try ordering from them only because I'm getting both mouse and mousepad for 2.2k.

mithun_mrg

Cyborg Agent
because few months earlier they canceled the sidewinder x4 keyboard orders after confirming the stock we ordered its was not me alone there were some others also from tdf & they send the refund cheque after month after calling them 20-25 times

sriharsha_madineni

Cyborg Agent
^^
Since you didn't like the bullet hole sticker and MX518 is in it's EOL, how about G400 ;)
The new MX518 as Logitech markets it(Even mentioned on the box as new MX518)

Logitech® Gaming Mouse G400

Refer this link for comparison pics

The only problem with MX518 is that, the rubber coating comes off after a while and it doesn't look good, I had to peel off the entire coating.

Regarding mouse pad, if you live in a dusty environment I suggest go for the Speed edition from Goliathus, the control edition has a textured surface which traps dust more than speed edition.
I have both and I live in quite a dusty locality, comes from experience ;)

Top Bottom