Linux Mint 6 released!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hitboxx

Juke Box Hero
Linux Mint 6 “Felicia” released!

The team is proud to announce the release of Linux Mint 6 “Felicia”. Congratulations and thanks to all the people who contributed to this release, to all the translators, to the upstream developers and projects which made this possible and above all to the development team for their continuous support.

*www.linuxmint.com/pictures/screenshots/felicia/thumb_felicia.png

Quick steps:

• Download the ISO.
  • While it’s downloading look at the new features in Linux Mint 6, read the User Guide and make sure to quickly go through the known issues.
  • After the ISO is downloaded verify the MD5 (as described in the user guide).
  • Burn the ISO at low speed and enjoy Linux Mint 6.

SOURCE: The Linux Mint Blog

Dark Star

Cyborg Agent
Whats the diff ! Can't clem change the artwork. They keep on having same artwork from Daryna onwards :(*

OP
H

Hitboxx

Juke Box Hero
Whats the diff ! Can't clem change the artwork. They keep on having same artwork from Daryna onwards :(*
So you choose based on artwork? :p It is a life saver for non-internet users and the like. It is upto Clem to use what pleases his eye because it is his distro.

And a 64bit one is in the pipeline IIRC.

OP
H

Hitboxx

Juke Box Hero
I don't know, Gloria, Georgia... I like Gloria.

There was(is) a big discussion on the same, can't find that thread now, you may try, though I'm sure Clem must have finalized on it long back.

phreak0ut

The Thread Killer >:)
Thanks for the update. After using Dreamlinux's XFCE edition, I'm now very confused of choosing the right DE for me. I like GNOME and KDE, but I don't like KDE for its bugs :-/ Mint seems to have a look and feel of XFCE very similar to GNOME. Soooo..... confusing. I don't intend to use fluxbox. Still thinking as to which to download. I think I'll wait till all the community editions are released for 6 and then see if there are any noticeable change in the UI of the DEs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom