LG Optimus 2X – Dual Core Processor Smart Phone Launched In India

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
Go ahead and buy it. This is the first high end phone LG has launched in say two years. The LG Arena was a massacre. The XDA forums are full of people banging their head over it..

Optimus 2x General - xda-developers

Get the phone without any expectations and you wont be hurt. And yes its cheap for a dual core phone. Personally though, i would wait for the HTC pyramid. Spending money on an LG isnt worth it.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
dreamcatcher said:
Spending money on an LG isnt worth it.

Spending money on an LG Optimus One P500 is very much worth it though.

But yeah, everyone is saying Optimus 2x is sluggish,laggy,etc.
No way to confirm without using it ourselves.

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
Spending money on an LG Optimus One P500 is very much worth it though.

But yeah, everyone is saying Optimus 2x is sluggish,laggy,etc.
No way to confirm without using it ourselves.

LG Optimus 2X beats iPhone 4 hands down... (Video) -- YouTube - LG Optimus 2X vs Apple iPhone 4

vishurocks

Journeyman
It's still not avl in flipkart & letsbuy.

I agree with all dat it's street price would be around 27k. For dat price it's ahead of competitors like arc & incredible s. I am a heavy multitasker, so i would prefer more ram from a device of this class, but i think it's still good. For s/w part i have faith in xda. So from my side, i will say it's a good enough choice

OP
andro

andro

Broken In
LG Optimus 2X beats iPhone 4 hands down... (Video) -- YouTube - LG Optimus 2X vs Apple iPhone 4

Iphone 4 is a previous year(gen.) device as opposed to 2X,so performance being at par or a little better is not satisfactory,keeping in mind the hardware difference.Also the next iphone launch is due soon,though internationally.

guru_urug

iGoogle
^^^
and still ppl are buying iphone4!!! just yesterday a college mate of mine bought it for 35k!!! :O
I explained to him...but he just wanted iphone....lolz!! jus wanted to be part of iphone fanclub i guess...if he waited for 2 months till iphone 5 releases he wud have got it for much less. Not to mention currently the worlds most powerful smartphone(LG Optimus 2x) is available for 28k-30k.... but each one has their own choice...even if not logical.
Anyway,
Apple bttr have a dual core in iphone 5 else its gonna lose market...since it releases only one version a yr...imagine if they dont have dual-core in iphone 5...there wont be a dual-core iphone till next year!! by then we'll be seeing quads in android devices!! :mrgreen:

Soumik

Padawan
^^ iPhone has its charm on many ppl who want to show off more than anything. Or they just believe Apple is the best, nothing can compare with their products.
Their devices are quite a class apart.. i totally agree on it though.(iPhone4 and SGS had a shoot out for the 1st and 2nd place in phones last year). I am just against their super premium price and OS restrictions.
And iPhone 5.. going to launch in a couple of months, does have dual core CPU inside.

LG is a top manufacturer.. there is no denying that. They just didnt have a proper feel in the high end competition market till now. Hence, the bad reputation.
I have so many of my friends saying to me Moto phones suck in every way. While they infact make some of the best phones in the world.

mavihs

Techie By Heart
asked s shop near my place & they said they'll be getting in a week or so & also they said the price would be under 25K!!! :O
Also most prob iPhone 5 is going to be late as the camera sensor provided by sony is going to be late coz of the earthquake!!!

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Soumik said:
^^ iPhone has its charm on many ppl
who want to show off more than
anything
80% of Indians buy it for the bragging rights. The words 'i' and 'Apple' are very powerfull.

The iPhone 5 will have dual core proccy. The new iPad has it.

I feel the Optimus 2x should release it with Android 2.3 preinstalled. The number of cases will certainly reduce.

512 mb RaM is seriously not enough. Atleast 1 gb should have been given to take advantage of dual core.

vizvin

Right off the assembly line
It is the most dumb comment I have seen till now. Just because a dual core phone on Tegra2 platform is launched for 30k, it does not mean there is a catch. Sometimes it becomes necessary to launch the handset at lower prices to stay ahead of the competition and get more sales.

:smile: True..For someone like LG to just come in and steal the show they definitely need to price it in accordance. Thats what samsung did with the galaxy 1st edition.
With that said lot of people are experiencing issues with the Optimus 2x with random shutdowns and freeze. The sad part if that if u look over at XDA u will find a good percentage of folks facing this.
I was waiting for this handset but now seems like best is to wait more. Firstly wait for LG to acknowledge this and respond

hsnayvid

Journeyman
@empiral..
The phone on the above link is priced more than the MRP (INR 30000) quoted by LG.
Moreover he is importing this phone and selling it. Usually warranty on such products is hard to get.

Looking to but the product designed and made for indian customers as it will be priced significantly lower than the MRP.

hope it is available soon.. the wait is killing me.

Empirial

Youngling
Yahan bhi nahin : Buy LG Optimus 2X at univercell.in online,Home delivery across india, Easy EMI,Best buy mobile offers.

Soumik

Padawan
^^ Its supposed to have release already rite? Anyone saw them(OX2 and OBlack) at any retail shop anywhere?

Top Bottom