LG Optimus 2X – Dual Core Processor Smart Phone Launched In India

andro

Broken In
LG Optimus 2X – Dual Core Processor Smart Phone Launched In India As stated in the link the first dual-core phone is here for 30,000 Rs.,a surprising move by LG to launch the phone this soon,may be due to sucess of Optimus one.Though according to international reviews the hardware is not fully optimized by the software in the phone.A comprehensive review is LG Optimus 2X P990 Review here

Last edited:

Soumik

Padawan
Thats good news.. seen any stores selling or putting it on pre order yet? The actual selling price may vary from the indicative price by LG.

Soumik

Padawan
^^ Its not listed anywhere yet... Thats y am worried about the final price, it might not be just 30K. :(

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
Optimus 2X is really ahead of the competition. I would be pleasantly surprised if it is available for 27k to 30k range this month.

Soumik

Padawan
Ig O2X launches for 27K, it would be really unfair to others. All the current SE and HTC flagships would be killed off immidiately. :p

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
^^ look at the software side also. with use of powerful H/W if the software is buggy & can't use those H/W to the max. also why LG opted for 512Mb ram? 768Mb or 1Gb sounds better. & will be in line with the SOC.

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Yes 27k and 30k for those phones are absolutely perfect, the retail prices will be lower for sure. Please don't expect high prices anymore for these phones, whatever they maybe, Dual Core or Quad core :)

Sid_hooda

I'm taller than you
@Sam - 512MB is more than enough for the phone when you see that on booting up, around 200MB Ram is free apart from the 128MB specifically dedicated to the GPU (which is used in games),

Only games will need large amounts of free RAM and this much should be enough IMO. Also, this phone has a 800x480 res, so it will use lesser RAM than the qHD display phones when running apps/games.
IIRC, HTC provides more ram since Sense UI takes up a LOT of ram (one of the reasons).

Look at the iPod Touch 4G, it runs graphically intense games easily with only 256MB RAM.

I think its street price will fall down ~ 27k judging by the recent pricing of the Nexus S and Incredible S.
SW is a whole different story. Judging by the user opinions, LG did drop the ball on this however there has been a pretty good dev response so far (especially from paul of Modaco). If LG releases a proper kernel source of the P990 then developing ROM's would be much easier. Lets hope the imminent Gingerbread update fixes the problems in the SW.

IMO its a better and more VFM phone than the Xperia Arc (instead of which i'd rather buy the Nexus S/Incredible S personally)

OP
andro

andro

Broken In
The best bet would be wait and watch.Since even in the international scenario this handset is not widely available as of now so coming to judgement of any kind would be too early.The reviews are there but its not being the actual user review,any thing on that could differentiate in real terms.

As for the RAM,running android would be no problem since it runs on mere ~150 MB on some cheap handsets,but the dual core apps,especially from the NVIDIA Tegra Zone could face problems in the not so distant future.

My Take-wait for Samsung Galaxy S II,better in terms of HW as well as SW,and is going to launch soon,internationally and also same time in India.

pauldmps

Banned
It am guessing its price to be exactly 26,990 INR.

So a reliable source has confirmed this: *tech2.in.com/news/smartphones/lg-launches-the-optimus-2x-and-the-optimus-black-in-india/211232

Now where is Flipkart ?

Last edited:

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
Seriously? LG? Guys before jumping the gun check out xda and the bugs this phone. Its LG,its cheap,must have a catch.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
dreamcatcher said:
Its LG,its cheap,must have a catch.

Oh come one man. How on Earth can Rs.30000 be cheap?
If 30k is cheap you are either Ambani or a member of Indian world cup team :D
Sam said:
also why LG opted for 512Mb ram? 768Mb or 1Gb sounds better. & will be in line with the SOC.
I have to agree with you. You spend Rs.30000 in a mobile to get some h/w less than flagship?? Not fair and benificial to buyer.
kalpik said:
Waiting for SGS2
I just hope it gets better RAM and better UI.
andro said:
The best bet would be wait and watch
Many users have been waiting and watching from many days. We expected a awesome phone from LG. They haven't delivered. So it might be a #fail!

webgenius

Ambassador of Buzz
Seriously? LG? Guys before jumping the gun Its LG,its cheap,must have a catch.
It is the most dumb comment I have seen till now. Just because a dual core phone on Tegra2 platform is launched for 30k, it does not mean there is a catch. Sometimes it becomes necessary to launch the handset at lower prices to stay ahead of the competition and get more sales.

pauldmps

Banned
The MSRP is 30k but I believe that it will be price at some 27k. In such situation, it is definitely the cheapest dual-core smartphone.

webgenius

Ambassador of Buzz
And definitely will be future-proof with more apps being re-designed to utilize both the cores.

Top Bottom