LED Strip for PC cabinet lighting

mitraark

Decrepit
Just ordered a Corsair Air 240 B)

*www.corsair.com/~/media/corsair/product%20photos/cases/carbide-series/240/black/large/air240_blk_01.png

Was planning to add some WHITELED Lighting on top and bottom of the window to show off mah rigz ( yes the i5 760, 8 GB HyperX and 750 ti B) ) Really want it to be white LED, but what I would really prefer is a remote control RGB system :)

*cdn.overclock.net/3/37/371faab2_20150408_092617.jpeg

Theres a 30 cm WHITE LED Strip with a molex connector available on Amazon, for Rs 899, which I feel is grossly overpriced. If anyone has any experience with any kind of LED lighting for PC cabinets please let me know what would be the best option; buy the one I mentioned, or Deepcool product for Rs 2000+, or get LED strip and solder a molex connector myself; ( you are free to say things like "LED lighting is a waste of money")

desai_amogh

In the zone
You can use these types. LED SHOP Indi

You get them in local electronics markets. even at some car decor places. you get them cheaper than the link above. cut them where you like and connect to 12v SMPS port.

A

amit.tiger12

Why you need that??? It's for show off or any use of it???

Last edited by a moderator:

Hrishi

I bought a 5m RGB strip for 180inr. Slapped a 5v LED adaptor which cost me 120rs. Had a soldering machine already so did some diy stuff and bam!!!
Unfortunately, my cabinet doesn't have a transparent front of side windows. It just has vents and grills on top and front for fans. :(

Sent from my ONE E1003 using Tapatalk

OP
mitraark

mitraark

Decrepit
So a DIY would cost me around Rs 300-400 but i would get 5m of LED Strip, whereas If i order a readymade one I only get a 30 cm LED Strip with MOLEX (professionally fitted tho) plus remote for Rs 899.

Leaning towards getting this

Amazon.in: Buy RGB LED Strip - IR Remote - with Molex Connector for PC Lighting Online at Low Prices in India | MVP Gaming Reviews & Rating

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
So a DIY would cost me around Rs 300-400 but i would get 5m of LED Strip, whereas If i order a readymade one I only get a 30 cm LED Strip with MOLEX (professionally fitted tho) plus remote for Rs 899.

Leaning towards getting this

Amazon.in: Buy RGB LED Strip - IR Remote - with Molex Connector for PC Lighting Online at Low Prices in India | MVP Gaming Reviews & Rating

Some Erodov member is selling 1meter RGB Strip with Remote for Rs.500 shipped 1 month ago. PM him asap.

desai_amogh

In the zone
check this out, pretty cheap. good for diy.

Online Mobile Recharge - Postpaid, DTH & Datacard Bill Payments at Paytm.co

or

Online Mobile Recharge - Postpaid, DTH & Datacard Bill Payments at Paytm.co

anky

Youngling
it will cost you around 250rs..
rgb led strip (1m) with remote - 170 rs.
molex connector - 40rs
electric tape.

Go to a local shop and buy rgb led strip with remote..it will have a 12v adaptor cable..(like we used to have for older video game consoles) with split wire ends.
now..cut the molex connector's wire from the black side(side which looks like what we connect from psu to hdd for power). tape the yellow and black wire of the male molex end. (don't tape them together, tape one of them separately and then tape them together)
connect red and black wires of the led strip adaptor cable to male molex red and black wire. and tape them together.
connect the male molex connector to female of the psu.
DONE.

Tips: Hide the led such that their ambient light is visible and not the actual led bulbs on the strip.

at night I will post the pic of my cabinet with rgb lighting setup

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Can I do something like this to light up my keyboard (I mean stick the strip under the PC table, but instead of molex, long cable with USB connector would be good). LED strip I see online are all very small, less a foot long. That's not good enough. I am using a desktop, I need to lengthy cable.

A

amit.tiger12

Can I do something like this to light up my keyboard (I mean stick the strip under the PC table, but instead of molex, long cable with USB connector would be good). LED strip I see online are all very small, less a foot long. That's not good enough. I am using a desktop, I need to lengthy cable.
Or you can try USB flash light. Search on Amazon or Flipkart. 100₹ road price, may be less

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Yeah, but they are small. Like this...
*cdn.shopclues.net/images/detailed/32884/2_1456845649.jpg

A

amit.tiger12

Not that small and they have bright light
Check specs on site. Length height etc.
Or you can try USB extender cable.

Last edited by a moderator:

anky

Youngling

these are no the led lights u are looking for. led strips are availaible in market with price per metre.and one meter is sufficient. you can directly connect it to the adaptor if u want, which is very easy. you just need to buy led strip with remote from ur local market

5m-rgb-3528-led-strip-lights-waterproof-300-led-44-key-remote-control-a2825-500x500.jpg

led strip will connect to the four pin connector shown here and other small white wire is ir sensor for remote and u can plug ur adapter cable to the box. 12v adaptor u can buy separately from the market if u want to connect it directly to the power source.

desai_amogh

In the zone
Went to the electronic galli in Pune for some work last weekend and saw these selling for Rs 15 per piece. you can put them is series for longer strips like these. Each one costs Rs 15.

*forum.digit.in/attachment.php?attachmentid=16426&d=1470375201

30-SMD-LED-Under-Car-Light-17.jpg

Runs at 12 volts, sounds like a perfect solutions for cabinet or keyboard/table illumination.

anky

Youngling
I bought it from near dagruseth temple for 170rs with remote. not exactly thse strips but long 1m strip with remote and an adaptor. then a molex connector and it was perfect.planning to do same thing for my desk. tomorrow it will be completely setup.

desai_amogh

In the zone
I bought it from near dagruseth temple for 170rs with remote. not exactly thse strips but long 1m strip with remote and an adaptor. then a molex connector and it was perfect.planning to do same thing for my desk. tomorrow it will be completely setup.

do post pics of your setup.

anky

Youngling
yeah sure..my table will arrive today or tomorrow morning..will post pics of whole setup.

Top Bottom