DSC_8030 by sujoypackrasy, on Flickr

Edited
*farm6.staticflickr.com/5513/12147761336_fd39b932b6_z.jpg
DSC_8030_edit by sujoypackrasy, on Flickr

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Sujoy, Nicely enhanced. As Gen said, noise is visible even in this small size.

I was free last week (most of the time). Was out for shooting. I tried double exposure, and it has come out good (in my view). Though the person in the portrait wouldn't let me post the photograph online. So I will work one something for the last exercise. :)

Thought I will be free this week too, but fortunately/unfortunately my friend's friend lend his modem. And now I am back to work... :( :)

sujoyp

Grand Master
Guys the noise will be there as photomatrix recovered the details from dark areas...If I would have shot a 3 exposure HDR then there would not be any noise issue...will do that someday..

Show us some pic nac :D

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Wanted to do some kinda trick photography, but end up with manipulating the images. May be I will do that after completing the next part of the book :)

*imageshack.com/a/img547/9633/1pca.jpg

It's a composite two images (bird and sky is one photograph, land and hills is the other one) and few layers created in PS.

Tutorial Reference:
Thunderbolt layer - How to create a thunder with Photoshop | Drawing | Adobe Photoshop | Programs | Dreevoo.com
Rain effect - Adding Rain To A Photo With Photoshop

Tried to create clouds, but it didn't come out good.

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Yeah, sure...

Here is another version... Yeah, it doesn't look natural. Since the purpose of the exercise is to learn to use software and manipulate the photographs, so it's alright I guess.

*imageshack.com/a/img36/4903/gaup.jpg

Gen.Libeb

Padawan
@nac - The lighting looks super fake in the first one. The rain is ok.
Trying what in the last one ? Stars ? They are on the ground too

Last edited:

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
Still pretty good effects ... Would've been more well suited to a good night time image though. Your brain does subconsciously figure out that the light on the horizon would have hidden any stars, plus if the sky is that dark the landscape cannot show so many colors. It's something we are used to seeing and if it's different then we feel its fake

awesome try though ... will need to give these a shot

BTW check this out 500px / *** by Evgeny Vasenev it's post processed, that I'm sure, but really well done

sujoyp

Grand Master
no amlan its not post processed...its very real...let me give you a photostream of one of good photographer I personally know

Flickr: Manish Mamtani's Photostream

This guy takes awesome photographs...he lives in US and is a SAP consultant at accenture ...he is from nagpur ...
All the pics are really taken by him with just as much PP done as we do..

and my target is this -> *www.flickr.com/photos/24421425@N04/

this one is taken by one of my friend living in kanpur ....he is more of a mentor then a friend actually :) a government employee :D

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Trying what in the last one ? Stars ? They are on the ground too
They are birds, not stars... :)
he he he taare zameen par :grin: ....
:rofl:
And both your friends works are fantabulous...
BTW check this out 500px / *** by Evgeny Vasenev it's post processed, that I'm sure, but really well done
What the photographer achieved of the sky/stars are pretty much possible straight out the camera...
This is my favourite video of astro photography... I am sure I have posted this quite a few times, and I am again posting it (If you haven't seen it before, you can check out this video)

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
Sorry, I think I posted in the wrong thread. Loved the pics from your mentors/friends sujoy ... no wonder you are so good at this

sujoyp

Grand Master
That's why you got a D7000 :lol: same gears... hmmmmmm

Yes I may just get his whole gears copy to copy :D may replace 150-500 with a 300f4+1.4x TC ...he got some great results out of it :D

@amlan those days I had just started and we used to go shooting every weekend...I used to ask a million questions...it is the best way of learning...learn on field

Hrishi

Quick question : How to determine zoom factor/capability of a lens ?? I mean if I buy a lens of focal length 70-300mm , how much zoom can be achieved ??
Assume that its a d5100 .
Btw , are those long zoom cameras better than dslr for long distant shots ??

OP
nac

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Usually, compact cameras are marketed in that fashion (50x zoom, 10x zoom and all). It's just that telephoto divided by wide angle, in this 300/70 which is 4.xx times zoom. Simply 4x zoom. 25-100mm is also 4x zoom, but that doesn't mean this will zoom as close as 70-300.
Ex: From 6m distance with your camera, you can shoot full length portrait @70mm and shoot head/shoulder @300mm. With the kit lens, from the same distance you can shoot group photo of 15/20 people @18mm.
Sujoy have explained this to many newbies. It would be good if Sujoy put that post's links in his signature. :)

sujoyp

Grand Master
let me search the post I have written :D

this one I explained some day ago
lets see one by one -
400mm is always a 400mm...and its counted on Full frame DSLR basis
APSC crop factor makes it looks like 400*1.5 = 600mm
m4/3 have 2x = 400*2 = 800mm
1" (nikon 1 series, sony rx100)sensor have 2.7*
1/1.7" (canon s100, Nikon P7100) sensor have 4.2
1/2.3" most point and shoot and superzooms 5.2

Nikon P520 have 4.3 - 180 mm (35 mm Equivalent to 24 - 1000 mm)

when we say Nikon P520 have a 24-1000mm lens thats on full frame range ...and funnily its just the opposite of how we calculate focal length on APSC sensor cameras
thats coz its a marketing gimmik ...and I too got confused

now P520 reached 1000mm on full frame range and to get that much focal length I need to spend what I told before at least 96k

this 1000mm will actually zoom more than my 150-500 (280-750 on apsc) ...but since the lens is soo small it wont be able to keep up with the quality what a proper lens will make.

Last edited:

Hrishi

let me search the post I have written :D

this one I explained some day ago

Thanks for the information.
Can you share a pic taken at 50mm and then the same pic at 300mm ??? I just want to have a rough estimate of zoom levels .

Top Bottom