LCD Monitor is bad for eyes!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

zyberboy

dá ûnrêäl Kiñg
Brought Samsung SyncMaster 740n thinking that now my eyes can rest a bit ,but to me it is very disappointing .
Feeling pain deep inside my eyes i dont know why, first i thought this is not possible i am using lcd.Then i searched the net and got a link
*www.cloanto.com/users/mcb/19960719lcd.html
which confirmed my doubts that" fluorescent light " in lcd can cause problem to some people....what a disappointment dis lcd is
One of my friend had warned me not to buy lcd(he bought samsung 17 inch crt 1 month ago ) i have never heared lcd having problem with eyes before that....i think he was right .White coloured webpages r killing my eyes, now using a greasemonkey script to change color automatically.

In terms of performance SyncMAster 740 is good no ghosting(8ms) or anything in UT2004 & movies,good color and sharpness

Tried different settings brightness 0, contrast 0,60hz ,75hz, different res,but no help
My other family members doesn't feel anything
Earlier i was using " hcl 15inch crt" monitor, no problem even after 6 -8hrs continues .
Feeling better today...

The Outsider

Beneath The Eyelids
same happened to me while using my friend's laptop (some hp model), remained online for like 4 hours on that laptop and afterwards i got severe headache, i prefer crt :p

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
well im not sure whether its affecting me or not .... but i feel the lcd is not as good as crt anyways .... though not to de-value the lcd it too has its benefit the biggest .... i can now keep my food in front of me while being on my pc

also try out the clear type front option

caleb

Ambassador of Buzz
I think cyberboy might be right coz I use LCD in the office for 8hours and in the house CRT for around 3 hours on weekdays & upto 8 to 14 hours on weekends...in the office I get a headcahe, I use to attribute that to the boring nature of my work, but maybe just maybe it is the LCD...because at home even if I spend over 8 hours working on my CRT I never experianced a headache.

rajasekharan

Youngling
even i get light irritation when i go to browsing center "reliance " which has LCD monitor . i dont know , it may be cause of brightness being over ???? :-(

ranjan2001

Cyborg Agent
R U guys running ur LCD at its native resolution or not?

Never heard LCD hurting eyes that strongly, but its the brightness that might be causing headache.

ambandla

Sup' dude, Sup'
Yes. I use a 19" HP LCD in office and man, it hurts. My colleague bought a anti-glare screen (yes. for LCD) and it's much better to work with anti-glare. I saw some LCD monitors that have anti-glare coating. these kind of monitors are better.

rajasekharan

Youngling
i am in the reliance browsing center now...:), if they turn off the lights its horrible to work with LCD, else it ok..cause i reduce the brightness of it ...:), i strongly believe its the brightness that causes the headache...:(

OP
zyberboy

zyberboy

dá ûnrêäl Kiñg
ranjan2001 said:
R U guys running ur LCD at its native resolution or not?

Never heard LCD hurting eyes that strongly, but its the brightness that might be causing headache.

Yes at 1280X1024 , i think that special backlight is the cause , reducing brightness and contrast can releave a bit.
Now using Antiglare screen for lcd (plz dont laugh).

rajasekharan

Youngling
anti glare is the best thing to do :). . it only kills the looks but hey whats important looks or EYES ??? . and also turn on the lights while using lcd . never use it in dark environments . it causes head ache to me atleast :-l

lalam

In the zone
rajasekharan said:
anti glare is the best thing to do :). . it only kills the looks but hey whats important looks or EYES ??? . and also turn on the lights while using lcd . never use it in dark environments . it causes head ache to me atleast :-l

Already experienced that too :(

goobimama

 Macboy
I've found LCDs to be really pleasant on my eyes. Though I must admit, at full brightness and no ambient lighting, it really burns through (450 cd/m2 brightness).

In a CRT, the eye actually has to focus on three planes, the Red, Green and Blue (the brain does some calculations and it appears to be flat). In an LCD, each pixel is its own colour, so there's no calculations needed. There's also no radiation produced...so.

A word of advice though: Please don't use these things for such long hours (I mean 6-8 hours is really ***** up).

roydon

Broken In
I'm using a BenQ 17" for over a year now and simply love it .Havent had any problems at all.Gaming is beautiful and no strain on the eyes for long periods of time.I guess it also depends on the res your running it on and the specs of the monitor.

rajasekharan

Youngling
hmm , may be it has some side effects for minority :-(. well it feels ok when i use it on bright conditions . but on dark conditions it hurts my eyes :-(:-(.

Tech.Masti

Wise Old Owl
Still doesnt used LCD much.... But i dont feel any problem..... First time heard that LCD is bad for eyes.... :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom