LCD Monitor is bad for eyes!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

nishant_nms

Cyborg Agent
^^ me too firest time heard of something like that about a LCD. I had worked on LCDs and had never faced such problems

eddie

El mooooo
The document has been written in 1996...things must have changed tremendously since then. I personally am using a Samsung 793MB CRT but its brightness, even in text mode, was so much that it hurt my eyes. I reduced both brightness as well as contrast and it is fine now. imho you should try that as well.

eddie

El mooooo
Though it says that revision was done in 2004 (not 2001) but I highly doubt there was much revision. Here is a little research done by a professor of cornell university related to CRT and LCD
*ergo.human.cornell.edu/Pub/LCD_vs_CRT_AH.pdf
I think you should read it :)

prateek_san

Phenom II X4 920 Owner
never heard of this thing......i m using and LCD for more 1 yr and it just feels great on the eyes...dont know how u people facing eye problems..............

kirangp

The joy Of Wow
ranjan2001 said:
Why kill looks, wear sunglasses & have best of the both worlds.:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

lolz my friend does that for CRT itself...after seein this post he will start usin it for LCD also I guess....

goobimama

 Macboy
Full brightness should only be used for movies and such. Even professional Video editing and DTP is done at a max brightness of 250 cd/m2...at least I've heard...

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Spending long hours of any of the two (LCDs or CRTs) will result in a head-ache. But yeah, LCDs make a far lesser impact than CRTs.

caleb

Ambassador of Buzz
Unfortunately it sucks if you reduce brightness of a LCD if you are into gaming or photography. So one ends up increasing the brightness of LCD to max...atleast that is what I've noticed in our rec room Dell 19" LCD at my office.

ambandla

Sup' dude, Sup'
yes. same here. If I reduce brightness, I lose the clarity. If I increase brightness eyes are strained.

I use a 14" lappy and never feel irritation in eyes. But 19" workstation really hurts

OP
zyberboy

zyberboy

dá ûnrêäl Kiñg
eddie said:
Though it says that revision was done in 2004 (not 2001) but I highly doubt there was much revision. Here is a little research done by a professor of cornell university related to CRT and LCD
*ergo.human.cornell.edu/Pub/LCD_vs_CRT_AH.pdf
I think you should read it :)

Every child knows that lcd is better than crt,but dont think that lcd is completely safe.Lcd is definitely much brighter than crt ,even in its normal brightness.Eventhough our eyes can adjust to this brightness in a few days ,there is a chance to develop eye problems .I personally feel that lcd's backlight glare hurts eyes than crt's.The problem with crt is that it has other kind of emission like radiation,uv rays.
So for now only option is to reduce brightness & cont.Company settings are way too high.A filter screen designed for lcd is a good option but i dont think it is available in india.

LCD is bad, crt hurts,looking forward for paper display.......lol

Positioning monitor
*www.healthycomputing.com/office/setup/monitor/

K

krazyfrog

Increase the amount of light in your room. LCD's look very bright in a dark room. In a brighter room, you won't have much fatigue. Put the source of light just opposite the monitor. For example put your monitor opposite your tubelight or window. The brighter light of tubelight in your room or sun light from window will drown the brightness of your monitor. Just try it. You'll see the difference.

eddie

El mooooo
cyberboy_kerala said:
Every child knows that lcd is better than crt,but dont think that lcd is completely safe.
There is nothing in this living world that is "completely" safe. Even you enjoying warm sun light sitting in nature's lap can be considered as a health hazard, that can give you skin cancer.

The only thing that is "completely safe" in this world is grave. Nothing can harm you in there :D

eddie

El mooooo
deathvirus_me said:
really ?? did u forget the worms and insects ??
Errr...and they harm you in grave? How? :confused: You should be happy that your dead body is giving them life :)

OP
zyberboy

zyberboy

dá ûnrêäl Kiñg
eddie said:
There is nothing in this living world that is "completely" safe. Even you enjoying warm sun light sitting in nature's lap can be considered as a health hazard, that can give you skin cancer.

The only thing that is "completely safe" in this world is grave. Nothing can harm you in there :D

Common sense tells you that, As per norms lcd is not completely safe

When lying in grave the word "safe" has no meanning.So "completely safe " is irrelevant in that situation

eddie

El mooooo
cyberboy_kerala said:
Common sense tells you that, As per norms lcd is not completely safe
Which "norms" are we talking about here anyways and what is completely safe according to your "common sense"?

When lying in grave the word "safe" has no meanning.So "completely safe " is irrelevant in that situation
That is why I gave you that example. If you are living...nothing is "completely safe". Accept that!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom