Laptop with FHD / 15.3/650M

sasha007

Broken In
Hi,

I wanna buy a laptop with i7/FHD/650M(GDDR5) . Are there any options as of yet in India .?

Also Does any one know when HP will update their dv6 with GT650M .?:-o

randomuser111

Technomancer
^
Then you can get Sony Vaio SVS15116

i7 - Check
FHD - Check ( IPS Full HD)
GT650M - Check ( GT640M LE can be easily overclocked to GT650M level delivering same performance as any other laptop with GT650M and decent temps) See screenshot below 3D Mark 11 score.

*dl.dropbox.com/u/34897419/950.jpg

P.S. The pic above taken from notebookreviewforum member faceless rebel who owns S15 with i7 3612 QM and 2 GB Nvidia GT640m LE

You can get it for 75-76 easily if you bargain hard.

aroraanant

Explorer
For you the best option would be Sony VAIO S Series SVS15116GN or can have a look at Macbook Pro too but it comes in a different league.

hpblze

Broken In
Yep , I just ordered the SVS15116GN after a lot of thought and research and comparison . I had the Samsung NP550P5C but it kept giving different problems from white splotches on the screen to non responsive touchpad to quite high electric shocks near the palm rest.
For the Sony one I read reviews abt the IPS screen and was happy that the viewing angles were really nice . The 1080p screen with ips , overclockable gpu , great internal cooling and the super slim and light design sold me on the laptop .

aroraanant

Explorer
Congrats buddy, do post a small review if you can.
And I have been coming up through many negative reviews of Samsung 550P

hpblze

Broken In
Is seems like getting the Sony Vaio 15116gn isn't that easy . I had ordered mine online but now they say its out of stock and the order was cancelled on Indiatimes . I tried all Sony stores in Bangalore and Bombay but all say that its out of stock and will be available in 15 - 20 days . Anyways I havent given up hope, probably will try ebay .

randomuser111

Technomancer
^
Yes there seems to be a supply issue with the SVS15116GN. I'll let you know if I get any update on the stock situation :)

akkib89

Broken In
Actually the person who asked the question has disappeared. So I was offering him cheap alternatives of 640m?
And sorry the link is wrong. Actually I was using hide option and finally had sorted three laptops for him. I forgot that the link url did not change.

My recommendation was vaio 13118 gnb

Top Bottom