Laptop around Rs.30,000

FINEMAN

Broken In
I want to buy a laptop with price around Rs. 30,000. It will be mainly used for watching movie,some educational uses and i want to play some games also like Call of Duty Modern Warfare. Which will be the best choice? And also tell me whether samsung laptops are good or not.Thanks in advance.

OP
F

FINEMAN

Broken In
Thanks for reply sam. One of friend have buyed Samsung in Rs.34,500. I want your advice about the samsung laptops. And which processor is better : amd or intel?

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
require exact model no but i guess it has GT 520MX. Processor is better in case it is 2nd gen i5 but graphics card is extremely poor on case its the one i predicted.

OP
F

FINEMAN

Broken In
I have seen the specs of Asus K53SD-SX111D on flipkart and it seems it has the configuration what i want. But i am confused about the reliability of the brand name of Asus.Is it a good one? Needs your thought about this.

cyanide0007

Broken In
I have seen the specs of Asus K53SD-SX111D on flipkart and it seems it has the configuration what i want. But i am confused about the reliability of the brand name of Asus.Is it a good one? Needs your thought about this.

this model right?? Asus K53SD-SX110D / 2nd Gen Ci3/4GB/500GB/2GB Graphics/Free DOS: Flipkart.com: Compare, Review Asus Notebook

hmmm... RELIABILITY AND DURABILITY you just google it as "BEST RELIABLE LAPTOP BRAND 2012-2011" and almost every result shows you ASUS on top.

Don't go by name Though it sounds odd.
my friends who have DELL suggested me not to go for DELL. instead of that they are strongly recommending ASUS.

even if you search flipcart or TDF you'll find 80% positive reviews or news about ASUS.:razz:

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

Asus is reliable. Though they don't have the numerous service center like Dell/HP but failure rate is much lower. But that laptop is not worth it. Instead check laptops based around 3rd gen i3/i5 or the G6 2005AX. Both are lot better than the K53.

OP
F

FINEMAN

Broken In
Thanks for replies and valuable tips. I think i should buy Lenovo Essential G Series G580 (59-337031). So, is it a good one?

OP
F

FINEMAN

Broken In
Get the G6 2005AX Forget everthing else for this budget. :p

It is with a AMD processor and the features are good also. But i prefer intel. Though my budget is quite low but i want other suggestions too...if you don't mind.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
for gaming you need at least GPU like HD6630/GT620. Even these are not fast enough for modern games but should be bare minimum. GT610/520/520MX doesn't even stand a chance in gaming. You can run games on 610 but only at lowest quality and by 2013, most games won't run even at lowest settings.

If you are leaning towards a laptop with Intel processor, find one with 525 (equivalent to 620). A week ago i came across an Acer with 525 @ 34k. Thats the cheapest deal or wait for GT620 + 3rd gen i3 at 35k.

OP
F

FINEMAN

Broken In
My dad says that the budget could be Rs.35,000. And here are my requirements:
1. Preferred brand : Lenovo,Samsung,Dell,Asus.
2. Will be used for : Watching movie,net browsing,moderate gaming
and of course some educational purpose
3. Screen size : Does not matter
4. RAM : 4GB.
5. Processor : Preferably intel (minimum i3).
6. Graphics : A good graphics memory ( and i have little idea
about this).
So friends, i hope help. Though many people have replied previously. Hope now it will be the same. I am confused by browsing many sites. I intend to buy this about 2nd week of July.

saswat23

Human Spambot
Any of these then:
Samsung NP300E5Z-S08IN 2 Gen Ci5/4GB/750GB/1GB graphics/DOS vs HP Pavilion G6-2005AX Laptop AMD A8 Quad Core/4GB/500GB/Win 7 HB/1GB Graphics vs HP 2000 2116TU Laptop 3rd Gen Ci5/2GB/500GB/DOS: Compare Computers: Flipkart.com

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
My dad says that the budget could be Rs.35,000. And here are my requirements:
1. Preferred brand : Lenovo,Samsung,Dell,Asus.
2. Will be used for : Watching movie,net browsing,moderate gaming
and of course some educational purpose
3. Screen size : Does not matter
4. RAM : 4GB.
5. Processor : Preferably intel (minimum i3).
6. Graphics : A good graphics memory ( and i have little idea
about this).
So friends, i hope help. Though many people have replied previously. Hope now it will be the same. I am confused by browsing many sites. I intend to buy this about 2nd week of July.

If you don't get HP Pavilion G6-2005AX then go for-

Samsung Np300e5z

OP
F

FINEMAN

Broken In
Thanks for all the valuable suggestions. I have narrowed down my choice between Samsung NP300E5Z-S0AIN & Lenovo Essential G Series G570 (59-318762). Please help me to choose between these two with it's pros and cons.

vkl

Cyborg Agent
@FINEMAN

As you want to game on it the best option for you is HP Pavilion G6-2005AX.
This would suffice for all your needs.
Samsung NP300E5Z-S08IN has gt520mx which is not that good for gaming.Compared to that HP Pavilion G6-2005AX comes with hd7670m which is much faster than gt520mx.Moreover the hp laptop comes with Win7 preinstalled and usb3.0 ports which the samsung model doesn't have.Also the hp model is cheaper.

And no point in going for G570 when G580 is available at 33k.
Lenovo Essential G Series G580 (59-324061)

OP
F

FINEMAN

Broken In
@FINEMAN

As you want to game on it the best option for you is HP Pavilion G6-2005AX.
This would suffice for all your needs.
Samsung NP300E5Z-S08IN has gt520mx which is not that good for gaming.Compared to that HP Pavilion G6-2005AX comes with hd7670m which is much faster than gt520mx.Moreover the hp laptop comes with Win7 preinstalled and usb3.0 ports which the samsung model doesn't have.Also the hp model is cheaper.

And no point in going for G570 when G580 is available at 33k.
Lenovo Essential G Series G580 (59-324061)

HP Pavilion G6-2005AX comes with APU Quad Core A8. Is it equivalent with intel core i3 2nd gen? I like this model very much.Please tell about the details of AMD processor so that i can go for it.

Top Bottom