Laptop around Rs.30,000

DevilGamer

Broken In
HP Pavilion G6-2005AX comes with APU Quad Core A8. Is it equivalent with intel core i3 2nd gen? I like this model very much.Please tell about the details of AMD processor so that i can go for it.

AMD processor will provide you better gaming performance.

"To recap, Trinity is AMD’s continued journey down the path they started with Llano. Both CPU and GPU performance have improved over Llano. The general purpose CPU performance gap vs. Intel is somewhere in the 20—25% range, while the GPU advantage continues to be significantly in AMD's favor. It is surprising that Intel's HD 4000 is able to win even in some tests, but overall AMD continues to deliver better GPU performance even compared to Ivy Bridge. It's worth pointing out that the concerns about AMD's battery life from a few years ago are now clearly put to rest. At least at the TDPs we've tested, AMD is easily competitive with Intel on battery life."

AnandTech - The AMD Trinity Review (A10-4600M): A New Hope

HP Pavilion G6-2005AX is the best you can get in 30k budget. Its VFM IMO :cool:

mayoorite

Night Fury
If you want to compare intel or amd processors ,you could use -->P.Benchmarked
If you want to compare graphic card ,you could use -->Gr.Benchmarked

OP
F

FINEMAN

Broken In
AMD processor will provide you better gaming performance.

"To recap, Trinity is AMD’s continued journey down the path they started with Llano. Both CPU and GPU performance have improved over Llano. The general purpose CPU performance gap vs. Intel is somewhere in the 20—25% range, while the GPU advantage continues to be significantly in AMD's favor. It is surprising that Intel's HD 4000 is able to win even in some tests, but overall AMD continues to deliver better GPU performance even compared to Ivy Bridge. It's worth pointing out that the concerns about AMD's battery life from a few years ago are now clearly put to rest. At least at the TDPs we've tested, AMD is easily competitive with Intel on battery life."

AnandTech - The AMD Trinity Review (A10-4600M): A New Hope

HP Pavilion G6-2005AX is the best you can get in 30k budget. Its VFM IMO :cool:
I think i will go for this. Till i have one final question : Is there any heating issue in this model? (Cause i've heard that there is heating issue with HP). As this will be my first laptop so (i think)i am a little bit concerned.Again thanks to all.

far

Keep Going!
there is no heating issue in this model....check the 2005ax review by two different owners under reviews

x64

loves linux
I am also in the same condition as FINEMAN....
but i hv decided to buy Lenovo Essential G Series G580 (59-324061) Laptop 3rd Gen Ci5/4GB/500GB/DOS with Integrated HD Graphics 4000...
isn't it enough for a mild gaming ?

Lenovo Essential G Series G580 (59-324061) Laptop 3rd Gen Ci5/4GB/500GB/DOS: Flipkart.com: Compare, Review Lenovo Notebook

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
^^ yup. most 2008-10 games will run in mid settings and latter at low details. But don't expect to run games like MP3, BF3 or Rage.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
*images.anandtech.com/graphs/graph5831/46678.png

the Trinity prototype is without any discrete GPU and still manages to outperform HD4000. 7670M performance will be between GT630 & 640. say 38-40FPS.

OP
F

FINEMAN

Broken In
*images.anandtech.com/graphs/graph5831/46678.png

the Trinity prototype is without any discrete GPU and still manages to outperform HD4000. 7670M performance will be between GT630 & 640. say 38-40FPS.

I have 3days in hand and i am still oscillating between HP G6 2005ax and Lenovo Essential G Series G580 (59-337031) ( Actually between AMD and intel).

vkl

Cyborg Agent
@FINEMAN
Pick up the HP G6 2005ax.It suffices all your needs,particularly gaming.
a8-4500m in the HP G6 2005ax is comparable to i3-2310m.
The processor is good enough.
Applications like winzip,photoshop etc.which use opencl acceleration would run much faster in amd apu.

intel hd4000 is not that good for gaming.7670m is much better.Go with it.

The only thing Lenovo Essential G Series G580 (59-337031) has to
offer over HP G6 2005ax is a bit better processing which you wont notice in day-to-day tasks.

Last edited:

duke123

In the zone
I have 3days in hand and i am still oscillating between HP G6 2005ax and Lenovo Essential G Series G580 (59-337031) ( Actually between AMD and intel).

go for G6 2005ax...it has better graphics and original windows...also as shown above amd trinity beats i3.....also has genuine OS...u will be able to upgrade to windows 8 pro for just 700rs..........i am going for g6 2005ax...will order in 2 days after checking with retail shops.......

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Actually between AMD and intel

If you want to run benchmark your whole life, but the Lenovo.
If you want to play games at mid-high settings and ok with slow encoding (if you are in that kind of field), compress/decompress taking 10-15sec more then buy the HP.

most peoples compare raw performance. this is what i call game changer: AMD’s Heterogeneous Computing with Trinity & Testing OpenCL Accelerated Handbrake with AMD's Trinity.

nithesh123

Broken In
If you want to run benchmark your whole life, but the Lenovo.
If you want to play games at mid-high settings and ok with slow encoding (if you are in that kind of field), compress/decompress taking 10-15sec more then buy the HP.

most peoples compare raw performance. this is what i call game changer: AMD’s Heterogeneous Computing with Trinity & Testing OpenCL Accelerated Handbrake with AMD's Trinity.

So ur saying is that

"Lenovo Essential G Series G580" is much better in processing than "HP pavilion 2005ax"

and

"HP pavilion 2005ax" is much better in gaming than "Lenovo Essential G Series G580"

IS THIS WAT IT IS???

cause i got to buy processing power than games for my sis so asking... Thanks for reply

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
So ur saying is that

"Lenovo Essential G Series G580" is much better in processing than "HP pavilion 2005ax"

and

"HP pavilion 2005ax" is much better in gaming than "Lenovo Essential G Series G580"

IS THIS WAT IT IS???

cause i got to buy processing power than games for my sis so asking... Thanks for reply

yup. 3rd gen i5 is better than even A10. Non-gamers should consider Lenovo but it has a small limitation: no OS.

Top Bottom