Kindly suggest a headphone [7.5-8K]

tkin

Back to school!!
Re: Kindly suggest a headphone [12-13K]

If its anything like the M40X then I will sure as hell hate it, so no.
If you are willing to wait for a few days I can give you a demo of the M50x, I'll be free after 30th November and we could meet up and you can demo the M50x.

OP
ithehappy

ithehappy

Human Spambot

Thanks guys. I understand that DT770 is the most recommended one in that budget but I don't know. Most Head-Fi suggested headphones I find pretty bad, like they said M40X is better than M50X! I guess I need something which they find bad

And Momentum is On ear right?
[MENTION=52329]tkin[/MENTION]: Thanks a lot for your generosity mate, if I get time I'll surely contact you listen to the M50X in person.

PS: I have an E11 by the way, but no sound card.

rachitrt23

Broken In

There are two versions of momentum. On ear n Over ear.. But Over ear is pretty expensive. Both have almost the same sound quality though.
Also if you didn't liked the studio monitor sound of m40x i doubt you will like m50x. But hey no harm in auditioning

OP
ithehappy

ithehappy

Human Spambot
I have shortlisted between 3:

- DT770 (but from where? Not available in Amazon or Flipkart, I don't know about those unknown sites!)

- Sony V6 (this falls under the DJ section like the V55, so thought about it)

- Sony MDR100AAP (someone on Head Fi recommended this)

Buying tomorrow...

tkin

Back to school!!
I have shortlisted between 3:

- DT770 (but from where? Not available in Amazon or Flipkart, I don't know about those unknown sites!)

- Sony V6 (this falls under the DJ section like the V55, so thought about it)

- Sony MDR100AAP (someone on Head Fi recommended this)

Buying tomorrow...
This website has good reviews, and they have physical stores as well: Buy Headphones & Earphones Online - Premium High End Headphones

They have some fantastic headphones, you might want to revise your list:

1. V-Moda crossfade LP2: V-MODA - Crossfade LP² Extra Bass DJ Headphones - Buy Online in India - Headphone Zone
2. Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro: Buy Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Studio & Monitor Headphones - Headphone Zone
3. Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro: Beyerdynamic - DT 990 Pro Studio & Monitor Headphones - Headphone Zone

There are more good models available, check them out. These guys are the importers and official distribute of may well known brands like FiiO, V-Moda and Beyerdynamic. They have storefront in Amazon and Flipkart, so most of these products will be available there as well with a slightly higher markup.

Hrishi

V-MODA CROSSFADE WIRELESS is my personal favourite.
If I ever get to spend 25k on a pair of cans; this would be my choice.

For OP ; nothing else will suite him as good as the DT770 Pro. Sound stage ; Comfort and Details.

OP
ithehappy

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Okay, thanks, finalising on DT770. I am sorry, I will never look into V Moda, personal distaste about the brand.

Just one thing, as I won't be using the headphone always with the amp, I should go for the least Ohm one right?

tkin

Back to school!!
Okay, thanks, finalising on DT770. I am sorry, I will never look into V Moda, personal distaste about the brand.

Just one thing, as I won't be using the headphone always with the amp, I should go for the least Ohm one right?
Stay away from 250 Ohm then, Headphonezone sells all versions, go for 32 Ohm. 80 Ohm will be pushing it to the limit if you use your mobile, I have to stay at 70% volume with my 64 Ohm E80, and that's an IEM, a headphone with 80 Ohm will have problems with mobile.

OP
ithehappy

ithehappy

Human Spambot
Damn it, I was thinking about the 80 ohms version, anyway, thanks mate.

PS: I am forced to buy from Amazon only dude, cause the refund of M40X came as in Amazon GV.

Top Bottom