ZTR

Cyborg Agent
Correct, if I am wrong.

Reliance 4G VoLTE still needs data connection for making calls, even on VoLTE phones ? The Calls has to be made using only Jio Dialer app and not Android Dialer app ?
On VoLTE phone calls are made with default dialler
And it works even when data is disabled

Sent from my Redmi Note 3

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.

Are u able to do so ?
Do we need any extra setting for it to work...
I'll have to ask my Bro to try again :)

ankushv

Journeyman
Yes I am using the stock dialler in my letv le2 and galaxy note 5 and galaxy on5 pro . But using jio dialler for my redmi note 4g as it does not support 4g .

Sent from my GT-I9500

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Are u able to do so ?
Do we need any extra setting for it to work...
I'll have to ask my Bro to try again :)

Make sure Enhanced 4G LTE Mode / VOLTE is enable under advanced network / sim options.

On my R2P ( LL ) enabling the option was enough but For Asus ZF2 Laser there was no such option as the stock firmwire I had only supported LTE. So Flashed a custom modem file VOLTE support - even then there was no voice using default dialer. So Finally flashed Nougut ( 7.1 ) as the custom modem file would not work with any other Rom. Finally VOLTE is working with default dailer without data connection but on 7.1 lost GPS ;) but as I don't need it too much I'm okay for now ( GPS works with RR Roms flawlessly - will update mine if any RR version comes live now )

Will decide after March whether to stick with JIO or not.

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
Any idea or news about flashing(unlocking) JiOFi 2 mifi device from Reliance JIO???
I ,mean does any one have any link or info about the flashing/unlocking of the mifi(JiOFi2) device ????

- - - Updated - - -

Absolutely,true as it happens for my LeEco Le 2 smartphone.
But for my spouse's Coolpad Note 3 plus data has to be activated/enabled for voice of JiO.

Zangetsu

Make sure Enhanced 4G LTE Mode / VOLTE is enable under advanced network / sim options.

On my R2P ( LL ) enabling the option was enough but For Asus ZF2 Laser there was no such option as the stock firmwire I had only supported LTE. So Flashed a custom modem file VOLTE support - even then there was no voice using default dialer. So Finally flashed Nougut ( 7.1 ) as the custom modem file would not work with any other Rom. Finally VOLTE is working with default dailer without data connection but on 7.1 lost GPS ;) but as I don't need it too much I'm okay for now ( GPS works with RR Roms flawlessly - will update mine if any RR version comes live now )

Will decide after March whether to stick with JIO or not.
Thanks, Topgear..thats what I was looking for, as I got half-baked information earlier..Thanks again.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
if a phone supports LTE then it should support voice over LTE as well. Someone just need to provide compatible software support - that's all. R2P with KK does not support VOlte but with it's LL update it added support for VOlte. Heard Asus also has introduced support for VOlte with oct. update but it's not working for all.

Also I kinda messed up my modem firmwire I guess because if I go back to stock modem phone can't get network on RR or CM .. still have not flashed any asus stock rom.

BhargavJ

In the zone
I bought a Jio SIM Card in the beginning of December 2016 by generating the code from the phone and later submitting a photocopy of the Aadhar card. This year, at the end of January 2017, I bought another Jio SIM Card by going to the Reliance Jio store and entering the Aadhar card number and fingerprint. The guy who was doing the whole process asked me to place my thumb twice (took fingerprint twice). I then got the Jio SIM Card, which was activated in about an hour. So I have two SIM cards bought using my Aadhar card.

That same day, I received two emails from UIDAI. The first one said: "Your Aadhaar number XXXX XXXX XXXX was used successfully to carry out e-KYC Authentication using "Fingerprint " on 31/01/2017 at 17:01:56 Hrs at a device deployed by "Reliance Jio Infocomm Limited"". The second email had the same text, but the time was different, about two minutes after the first one. In each email, there was a response code; the codes in both the emails were different.

Does this mean two SIM cards were bought on that day using my Aadhar number? Is there any way I can check how many Jio SIMs have been bought using my Aadhar number? I called the Jio customer care but he asked for my registered phone number and then said there are two SIM cards which have my registered phone number, but this is because I bought one SIM card in December and another in January. When I asked him how many SIM cards are connected to my Aadhar card, he said they cannot check this; he said there was nothing to worry about.

I've found others asking the same question, so does anyone have any answers?

Thanks.

TigerKing

Wise Old Owl
I got 3 free sim in January, I wanted only one. 3 4G phone in house. But no phone with VoLTE. Got Lenovo K6 Power delivery on the very 1st day of order, on flipkart (lol).
Still 3 VoLTE phones are needed for proper Jio service. Waiting for good smartphones and proper 4G rollout from all service providers.

Zangetsu

Update!!!

Reliance Jio Prime Membership enrollment to start from 1 March: Here is all you need to know – Tech

TigerKing

Wise Old Owl
Please provide genuine info about Jio 4G prime membership. Please don't make this forum WhatsApp university.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Is it true that the 2-5 AM Unlimited offer will be stopped from April 1?

Will unlimited night data be available to Jio Prime members?

Since we are providing disproportionate amount of data throughout the day, there is no differentiation in day or night.
This is hugely beneficial for the customer, as the customer can now enjoy the benefit of unlimited data during any hour of the day, and does not necessarily have to wait for night time.

*www.jio.com/support/en-in/faq/jio-...t-data-be-available-to-jio-prime-members.html

Top Bottom