January 2008 - Opinion Poll

Do you use your cellphone to access the Web using GPRS/EDGE/WAP?

• Yes, I surf the Web on mobile daily

Votes: 26 23.0%
  • Yes I use it only once-twice a week

Votes: 30 26.5%
  • I don't simply because I feel it is not secured. (Bad experiences, if any)

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • No, I don't use the Mobile Web as the speeds are very slow. (Name the service provider)

Votes: 52 46.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Asfaq

Keyboard addict
Do you use your cellphone to access the Web using GPRS/EDGE/WAP?

a) Yes, I surf the Web on mobile daily
b) Yes I use it only once-twice a week
c) I don't simply because I feel it is not secured. (Bad experiences, if any)
d) No, I don't use the Mobile Web as the speeds are very slow. (Name the service provider)

The_Devil_Himself

die blizzard die! D3?
I'm the first one.

Hmm...I go for 4.I did use GPRS when I had nokia ngage qd cos it had that cool 'ngage arena' through which you could talk to other ngagers and download gaming stuff and all for your ngage.The speeds were not very good and it was pretty costly.Hutch had no unlimited GPRS plan then and I used to get 300+ bill\month just for GPRS.So I sold off ngage,deactivated GPRS, and got MTNL's broadband.

Oh my service provider:Hutch(now Vodafone).

So the main issues for me were---too less speeds and too costly.People say you get more insane speeds in edge enabled handsets+regions but I haven't used it so can't really say.

azzu

AJJU
i pick B coz iam on Web thru mobile and i pretty much use it to surf web on my mobile i have MO on my airtel per day 15 UL which i think is pretty much good

hayabusa_ryu

Journeyman
Yeah I do the option B. Earlier when I got my new bsnl GPRS connection then I used to surf a lot and dowloaded a lot on my mobile too. My bill sometimes went above 150/- per day(prepaid):D ,generally 30-40/-/day. But now I controlled myself and use it(now Airtel MO) only when I m not with my laptop and when my laptop internet is not working.:)

praka123

left this forum longback
I dont becoz i m not having a mobile which is able to browse internet.but soon include me too. :D

Dark Star

Cyborg Agent
No.. I don't have Mobile and I am looking to buy one :p Surfing on my bro. HTC is such a pain ... Better one should buy a laptop or UMPC with big screen if he/she is a net addict on the move :p

Delta

Journeyman
I use GPRS only when I am away and internet is not accessible. I have BSNL Prepaid connection which is very costly for normal use.

kumarmohit

Technomancer
I use it only when I am needing to check something online while I am on the move. I voted for once or twice a week but actually its is rares may be once every 15 days.

debiprasad_sahoo

Web Junky 2.0
I voted for 4th one. I used to use BSNL wap service. But the speed is too slow that u can not able to download always. But u have to pay for the data transfered. So, I am not using any now.

prasad_den

Padawan
Where is the 5th option...?? I don't use cell to access web because right now I don't have a mobile that has these facilities..

Gigacore

Dreamweaver
2. I use every weekend to try new applications and to access net when i'm out on holiday.

Last edited:

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
My vote goes to 4th option "No, I don't use the Mobile Web as the speeds are very slow. (Name the service provider)".

I have used Nokia 3120 and Sony Ericsson k700i in past. I tried with AirTel and BSNL connections but both times I get pathetic speed. I was able to browse on the net but with very poor speed and don't ask about downloads, coz it was impossible. :D

atm I'm using Tata connection and its not very good but not that bad. I get approx. 10-17 KBps download speed. In day time the speed is quite good but it goes worst between 5:00 PM - 12:00 AM.

utsav

damn busy...
My choice is D

because it is a pain to surf web pages with huge content like wallpapers etc.NO GPRS service provider is able to fullfill the demand of the customers as the number of GPRS users are increasing day by day and the speeds are worsening.The service providers are giving unlimited download facility but the reality is that they do not spend enough funds to provide bandwidth to the increasing demand of GPRS users and i myself have ditched GPRS due to the slow speeds it had.it was only sufficient to load www.google.com faster.

Service provider was IDEA cellular

Cyclone

Darth Penguin
I use Airtel's gprs on my roomie's phone, when I'm too lazy to borrow someone's pc or trudge to the computer centre in college, but now that Idea's offering gprs, I think I'll use mine instead...my roomie's phone bill's driving him nuts ;-)

Abhishek Dwivedi

TechFreakiez.com
I Selected option 3.
I've used Airtel Mobile Office for sometime but the speed was not up to the mark and the cost is also too high as compared to other cities and other service providers. Most of the time i used to get disconnected in middle of my Download and hence i can say that its not for people like me who are always indulged in download and heavy web surfing.

shantanu

Technomancer
i too use AIRTEL WAP(GPRS) on my windows mobile.. it is ok.. and yes i use it daily so its A>

as i always get important mails and IMs coming up any moment and there is a huge community work that we all do in these days, i love having a Mobile internet device with me , that allows me to do that all any where.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom