Its a CHALLENGE...Can You Solve This Mystery ?????

Status
Not open for further replies.

anish_sha

.:: 3 : 1 6 ::.
Hi everyone,

Step - 1

Open the embedded picture. You can see one girl, right? OK.

Step - 2

Save this image to any folder in your PC.
Open that folder and select thumbnails from view menu.
Now what you see?

Can anyone solve the mystery behind it??

If you crack it then please let me know too.

*www.freeimageparking.com/images/asrnj2m9e43vottv1mki.jpg

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
This is an old one, the thumbnail data of an image can very well be manipulated.

But anyway, on *nix I see the same picture as the thumbnail. Might be my thumbnailer being clever ;)

Edit: Read more about EXIF data to understand how. EXIF data contains a load of things detailing an image file.

Last edited:

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
Interesting find. It even works on my phone. The thumbnail shows the girl with some guy but opening the image shows just the girl.

Pat

Beyond Smart
Can anyone tell the exact details pls..

Buddy you should google for EXIF! Basically its a variant of JPG or JPEG files with the difference that it stores a lot of header information like thumnails etc. So basically, the thumbnail is stored in the image header and as such can be modified as needed!

OP
anish_sha

anish_sha

.:: 3 : 1 6 ::.
Buddy you should google for EXIF! Basically its a variant of JPG or JPEG files with the difference that it stores a lot of header information like thumnails etc. So basically, the thumbnail is stored in the image header and as such can be modified as needed!

how can i edit.. pls explain

phreak0ut

The Thread Killer >:)
Interesting find. It even works on my phone. The thumbnail shows the girl with some guy but opening the image shows just the girl.

Could you please post a photo or screenshot of this? It's the same thumbnail on my Vista. Can't switch to *nix now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom