Issues after virus epidemic

Status
Not open for further replies.

rahul_c

Journeyman
My laptop recently suffered from a virus, avast removed it but these problems still exist -

1. Unable to pin programs to task bar - There is no option to pin a program, neither while running nor in the shortcut. I am aware this is due to some missing registry thingy, help.
1.jpg

2. This one is is not a problem but still annoys me. In windows explorer's navigation pane, when I open the favorites they open in a new window. Just those, not the folders.

Help me out guys.

OP
rahul_c

rahul_c

Journeyman
Formatting is last option, I would like to give registry fix a try first. Also I don't have any backup, I deleted it cause of free space.

gameranand

Living to Play
Well after virus infection Re-installation of OS is the best option as many important system files also gets deleted due to infection. Better to make a backup of your important data from system drive and re-install OS. :)

Rajesh345

Youngling
My laptop recently suffered from a virus, avast removed it but these problems still exist -

1. Unable to pin programs to task bar - There is no option to pin a program, neither while running nor in the shortcut. I am aware this is due to some missing registry thingy, help.
View attachment 7364

2. This one is is not a problem but still annoys me. In windows explorer's navigation pane, when I open the favorites they open in a new window. Just those, not the folders.

Help me out guys.
1) Try SFC /repair now with admin cmd prompt

2) Boot to windows > Insert win 7 DVD >Install Now> Next>Accept EULA > CLICK UPGRADE (dont click custom fresh install)

U will have all programes installed

Use the System File Checker tool to troubleshoot missing or corrupted system files on Windows Vista or on Windows 7

How to Perform an In-Place Upgrade on Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows Server 2008 & Windows Server 2008 R2

OP
rahul_c

rahul_c

Journeyman
@Rajesh So if I upgrade corrupted files will get replaced & installed softwares or settings won't go away. Cool, let me get back to you after doing this.

@Pratyush what's OP?

OP
rahul_c

rahul_c

Journeyman
Ok, I did it & problem are gone. Although the process took much more time than clean formatting. Still it's better cause I have everything the way it was minus the problems. Thank you guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom