Is your Dataone slow lately ? (For BSNL datone USER)

Status
Not open for further replies.

techno tublai

Broken In
@Ricky> Stay on the home 900ul plan man. I was a 500 user, just changed my plan to 900ul on 1st January. And dont bother about the extra bandwidth during the creepy(I mean happy) hours. I had the 500 plan for three months and EVERY-SINGLE-DAY I had to stay late or wake up at 1:50 am to turn on my downloads. And judging from the wicked BSNL's plans, they are offering "UPTO 2 MBPS". None of my 250,500,1000 friends are getting 2mbps, not even during the most odd hours of the day. Yes the speeds are good but nowhere close to 2mbps. The heighest logged was 946 kbps. So dont worry. For me life is a pleasure again as I dont have to stay late, specially during these cold-creepy winter nights. And the speed though stabilised still hangs around 18-20KBps from around 11 am to about 3 in the afternoon.

OP
Saahib

Saahib

Cyborg Agent
There is no airtel here otherwise would have opted for unlimited plan from airtel (256kbps) & BSNL 500 , this combo sounds good for me.
But thats dream for a while !

About 900 UL..
After this 2mbps ****, not even getting constant 30KBps which was prominant earlier 24hrs.
Moreover, I noticed that download limit is raised to 2.5GB, means now users are actually doing 2.5X more download as welll as on 8x speed as compared to other.
BSNL.. now really $ucks

Last edited:
OP
Saahib

Saahib

Cyborg Agent
Well, I thought to make a complaint and did that on some NO. 1927 ie. broadband complaint AVR sytem, it took my telephone No. yesterday, today I got a call from a guy asking about that, I said that internet is slow he son of bi**h instantly said that get your machine checked.. I was almost like on fire.. wht the heck he is talking about ... atlest make some sensible comments, he was actually asking me to get my comupter checked for virus.. poor fella, I told him that I remove virus from others computers .. lolz, He silently took my address, now waiting for rest.
They are all so mean, I was trying to explain the problem as its nothing with exchange etc but he just took No. and m waiting now for next move.

I am now seriously considering to take another connection and keep dataone as backup under plan 500 or 250 !

Meanwhile.. Internet is really slow but in night it was more 300kbps all the time even on 900 UL Plus

janitha

Wise Old Owl
Yes, during night it is somewhat better but for the last more than one year I was always getting around 30 KBps.
I regret having disposed of my dial up modem!

OP
Saahib

Saahib

Cyborg Agent
But still.. India hosted sites are too fast.. . I mean normal .
Does it means that international backup bone is conjested ? NIB II !

What do you all say.. is it due to 2 MBPS Prasaad or its due to Taiwaan earthquake ?
I hope its bcz of later one bcz then will get normal sooner or later but if its first one as the reason then I think I need to look for real good alternative.

Last edited:

prasad_den

Padawan
I think everything depends also on where you are located. I have just now completed downloading 1.4GB of stuff at an avg D/L speed of around 170KB/s.. :D :D

janitha

Wise Old Owl
I am really confused. The web pages are opening (or not opening at all) with the speed of a snail. But surprisingly, when I found the new version of Open Office(2.1), and downloaded it (93MB), it was constant at 180KBps.

OP
Saahib

Saahib

Cyborg Agent
What is the use of broadband when normal surfing reminds you of snail, here with me , torrents run fine .. around 30KBPS which is acceptable for 900UL !

BTW, anyone from Airtel broadband or MTNL broadband.. how is their general performance these days ?

techtronic

I Always Prefer 1080p
My Download speed is still only 7 Kbps :mad:
I don't know whats wrong,but when I tried to download Kubuntu DVD
I get a download speed of only 9 Kbps :confused:

The basic problem which I am facing is too much fluctuation...and It keeps disconnecting every now and then...added from the 1st jan itself..the internet either completely stops working or works like I m using Gprs to access net..

OP
Saahib

Saahib

Cyborg Agent
Ok new strange thing ..

As I had made complaint so their guy came to my house, He was having info that my BB is slow, he came in with so much confident that I thought he can really do some wonder..
But heck.. his erason for confidence . --> he changed DNS server to somethign something.. and said now check.. poor fella.. !
Anyways.. I was not able to convince him (as usuall it happens)that my BB is slower than usual.
But he said that for northern region, now they have moved hub to Noida from Bangalore and due to that process it was running slow from late december and its expcted to get better , rather more better as its now nearer to us.
Hmm..
And u knw wht.. after he went, after an hour , internet was like snail again.

But now at 11:20 pm, its better rather alright as compared to other days when it gets right only after 2:00am !

!!!!!... Though downloads from torrents was fine.. 28-30 kBps.

morpheusv6

Journeyman
From Jayanagar,Bangalore

I just switched to Home 500 from 900 UL.:(

But through torrents I am getting a speed of just 70 KBps from 2-8 am.:x Though at on time I got 100 KBps average during the normal usage hours!

I thinking of switching over to 900 UL from next month.

OP
Saahib

Saahib

Cyborg Agent
How is it now guys ?
For me its fine now in days but not like older days when it was smooth 24 hrs.. now its sort of jerky in days.

dreams

Gracias Senor
me too in ul900 and gettin d/l speeds 2-4kbps..very bad..we pay 900 and gettin 2-4kbps..bsnl is doin some awesome job..dunno who bought this new idea ??

janitha

Wise Old Owl
Generally it is much worse compared to Pre- Jan 1st days in case of my plan 250 but occasionally the speed is > 150 KBps.

theexister

Broken In
Did anyone also notice that the amount of data transfer is also huge.

I & bro used to browse a lot but it never crossed 3 GB limit ( Im on the 1800 plan). But then without informing me I was put on the " 2 MBPS" plan without increase in my data transfer limit.

In Dec & Jan the total data transfer is at 4 GB even though I was out of town & my brother used the normal. We decided to be very careful in Jan but it is already showing 3.2 GB.

Today in TOI there is a reader letter stating the exact same thing as in my case.

I am thinking of taking this up with BSNL but thought of getting a point of view.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom