Is your Dataone slow lately ? (For BSNL datone USER)

Status
Not open for further replies.

techtronic

I Always Prefer 1080p
koolbluez said:
yup... techtronic, me too in the 900/- plan and getting highly fluctuating speeds from the last few days... more on 10-20kBps... i thought it might be because of the download servers... but hey... it's repeating for every case and even on µtorrent downloads *www.cosgan.de/images/smilie/frech/o050.gif

where exactly in the Solar System r u BTW *www.mfbb.net/reaper/images/smiles/tlab06.gif? Me am right now @ [URL="*wikimapia.org/#y=17729721&x=83388290&z=9&l=0&m=a&v=2"]Visakhapatnam[/URL]

I am in Chennai :D

OP
Ricky

Ricky

Cyborg Agent
techno tublai said:
@ricky> I am a home 500 user and I heard else where that bsnl was trial testing the upgradation scheme yesterday and the day before. Well 2 mbps is about 256 KBps(kilobytes) and I mentioned 86 KBps. What's weird in that?
Nothing wiered man!
I am just 900 UL plan so never seen any speed more than 256kbitps . Man I din knw tht you all are on 2mbps for a while but dont' you think.. its better to be on 2mbps in capped plan because you get free download in nights.. you actually download a lot more in few hours on 2mbps in night then downloading whole day iin 256kbps UL.

Well.. well.. I will change my plan to 500 if they are going to offer 2mbps speed LOlz..
Good Idea though

I am from northern part of INDIAN subcontinent whcih is part of Solar system ofcourse :D

I don't want this from BSNL too.. Save me GOD ..

Last edited:

drogba

Right off the assembly line
Hi Guys anyone contacted BSNL people, any official response from them?

I am 900 UL customer facing slow download problem since last week, I used to get 28-30Kbps steady download speed but now getting only 10 to 12 KBPS.

yrana2002

Ambassador of Buzz
Yes, similar problem here.
Even though i've tested my bandwidth many times & it shows 50KB/s, my torrents hardly go above 20KB/s, which earlier, with 256kbps were at constant 30KB/s.
Now is this upgrade or degradation??

Is it possible that BSNL guys have somehow put some kind of restriction on bit-torrent network?

Savvy:!:

thecyclone2k

In the zone
A recent earthquake (26-12-2006) near Hongkong & Taiwan had taken down many ISPs and that has caused troubles in dataone as well!

yeah I called technical dept on 30th dec..they took some technical info from me like SN ration ADSL speed and so on..everything went fine from 31st..I think it was mainly due to the earthquake thing...things back to normal now...though BSNL still sucks with its fluctuating speeds..and ZERO QOS...

koolbluez

Šupər♂ - 超人
amit2005
well is there any chance that ul900 will be on 2 mbps
*www.verabrandes.de/lachen.gif*www.cheesebuerger.de/images/midi/frech/a068.gifdid u not read it... see the end of the ad... it's a clear NO !!!

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
amit2005 said:
well is there any chance that ul900 will be on 2 mbps

well yes there is... if TRAI makes a rule that Broadband in India means least of 2mbps connection... or if they makes a rule that broadband means unlimited bandwidth...

lol...

amit2005

Journeyman
koolbluez said:
*www.verabrandes.de/lachen.gif*www.cheesebuerger.de/images/midi/frech/a068.gifdid u not read it... see the end of the ad... it's a clear NO !!!
i was asking for possibility.....n not like that i can't read....n don't reply like ur not from BSNL

Last edited:
well we can only hope that they do upgrade UL users..bt they dnt hv that capacity right nw...even with 256Kbps UL they are nt able to provide quality service...every 20 minutes or so i face a disconnection for some tome(abt 1 min)...that is zero QOS ...

koolbluez

Šupər♂ - 超人
amit2005, u've not idea how frustuated i'm on this issue(me 2 bein a UL900 user)... i was lol because i found u too desperate like myself... got it... and yup... their decision wouldn't change anytime in the near future... maybe they r suspecting that unlimited dl guyz, like ourselves, 'll choke their 2mbps bandwidth and make them run overtime... no bad feelins maan...

amit2005

Journeyman
koolbluez said:
amit2005, u've not idea how frustuated i'm on this issue(me 2 bein a UL900 user)... i was lol because i found u too desperate like myself... got it... and yup... their decision wouldn't change anytime in the near future... maybe they r suspecting that unlimited dl guyz, like ourselves, 'll choke their 2mbps bandwidth and make them run overtime... no bad feelins maan...
no hard feelings man...i was also thinking on same point...lets hope they extend it.....but lately i'm getting speed between 60-70 KBps...how about u

koolbluez

Šupər♂ - 超人
not much... same 256kbps with a sudden surge for sometime to 60kBps... yeh toh sararar nainsaaphi hai... we pay 900/- for 256 while others get 2Mbps for lesser...
I hope everyone finish their MB cappin early & get bigger telephone bills *russianforum.ru/images/smilies/devil.gif

OP
Ricky

Ricky

Cyborg Agent
hmm..

its damn.. whatever ...
Anyways.. somwhow I din notice that 2mbps stuff from dataone but I came up with one more thing to add in here..
Meanwhile one might want to see my valuable post (lolz) there ---> *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showpost.php?p=379216&postcount=290

So I think 1st the earthquake is the reason for bad connectivity in India ie. smaller pipe left for us to connect to international backbones and secondly..
which I think is so important yet we missed is that..
BSNL lately expanded almost all users to 2mbps (apart of 900UL plan) which is also reason for conjestion. Even though its only for capped users but it also means that at any given time there is more use of bandwidth available. Now all users are browsing at 2mbps and means choked bandwidht or pipe !
I need to do something in this concern..
I am now seriously thinking to change the plan.. bcz 2mbps unlimited fore few hrs ie. 6 hrs is better than 256k 24 hrs !
Any comments :
well we can only hope that they do upgrade UL users..bt they dnt hv that capacity right nw...even with 256Kbps UL they are nt able to provide quality service...every 20 minutes or so i face a disconnection for some tome(abt 1 min)...that is zero QOS ...

I want to add this that its not their servers, its actually their line ie . line connecting you to BSNL .. it happens when SNR reduces to something 7.5-10 (SNR usually changes all the time)

tHEN YOU can you google webaccelerater mean while to acclerate stuff. :p

Guys.. suggest me a good and capable webbrowser which is standalone ie. having its own rendering engine (apart of firefox , IE and opera). Becz then I will use it with google webaccelerator for sites where I usually dont' have to provide my information like password and so on. (I avoid google acclearator .. though its cool bcz I feel it as breach in my privacy) :p

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom