Is www.theitdepot.com reliable?

Is theitdepot.com reliable online shopping website

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

agnels

Live The Dream!
I purchased a DVD Writer and deposited the money directly into their ICICI Bank account. Since then they are not replying to my mails. The first reply giving product information was very fast. Even after 5 days they have not acknowledge receipt of payment. What do i do?

vandevan

Right off the assembly line
I will think not once twice but n+1 times before dealing with them, more so on the internet.
Just view their terms and conditions that appear on their reconstructed website *www.theitdepot.com/terms_conditions.php?PHPSESSID=8b51dc5b505ebc33fd4c5e0947b4e09c and decide for yourself.

I would like the readers to go through and post their comments.

proton

fight evil
agnels should keep sending an email a day and if they do not respond within a week,post the matter here for all to know.he may also contact his local banker and check whether the payment has been credited to their account and the date on which it was credited to their account and confront theitdepot with that data.

praka123

left this forum longback
:shock: Arent they Criminals? :x
see below what i saw in:
warranties; all products sold "as-is" or "with all faults"
All items sold through theitdepot.com are sold "as-is" or "with all faults." the entire risk as to the quality and performance of these items is with the buyer. should any of these items prove defective, do not function, or function improperly in any way following their purchase, the buyer, and not the manufacturer, distributor, or theitdepot.com, assumes the entire cost of all necessary servicing or repair.
*www.theitdepot.com/terms_conditions.php?PHPSESSID=8b51dc5b505ebc33fd4c5e0947b4e09c
:x
Now is it good?Lets prosecute them.

proton

fight evil
:confused: Can a seller direct a buyer straight to the manufacturer absolving himself (the seller) of any responsibility on a product sold by him? Definitely this question must have cropped up many times. Curious, I made a quick websearch and :-D :-D VOILA…….. there it is.

*ncdrc.nic.in/1_1_2.html
1.7-3 Who should be sued by a consumer - manufacturer or seller - Generally when a consumer finds defect in the goods, he sues the person from whom he bought the goods. Reason being privity of contract.If the defect is a manufacturing defect, the consumer may sue the manufacturer also along with the seller. This is an option with the consumer. Thus the manufacturer is a possible party, and not a necessary party.

And then a report from tribune dated Sunday,April 8, 2007
*www.tribuneindia.com/2007/20070408/spectrum/rights.htm

Put briefly, the consumer has the option to sue the seller or manufacturer or both. :)

Ponmayilal

Attitude matters
Check the website www.computerwarehousepricelist.com Click on "about us" "Policies" and "FAQ" buttons and read through.
What a contrast when compared to theitdepot!:eek:
Attitude and fair trade practices do matter to the buyer.
I would rather prefer to deal with computerwarehouse than theitdepot, if I choose to buy online.

praka123

left this forum longback
^ but that site lacks information reg products vastly,no pics no info just the price! Illya?

Manshahia

Resident Fanatic
thesedays one cant even trust his own city's vendor and u are purchasing items online and that too in india...
people are gettin lazier and lazier day by day...

Ponmayilal

Attitude matters
@praka123, I do agree the details are sketchy.But then if I have decided to go in for a Netgear Wireless Router WGR614,I would rather prefer to go to the manufacturer's website,get all the details such as specifications, Warranty terms etc., and makeup my mind to buy. Illiya? Now whom should I decide upon? A dealer who says "We do not provide any technical Support or service support.. The goods are sold to you 'as is where is' with 'all faults' and we are not responsible in any way. We in totality pass on the manufacturer's warranty and you have to take it up directly with them in case you have any issues" and/or words to that effect or one who says"Our endeavour is not only sale of products to our valued clients, but also render after-sales services as and when required. The sales and service team comprises of experienced and dedicated technocrats who spare no stone unturned to extend support services to the best satisfaction of the buyers." "Carry in warranty against manufacturing defects only."(This would mean that you are effectively protected against DOA - dead on arrival)"
"Every product we sell except those listed below have “7 DAY IRON CLAD GUARANTEE”. It is backed by our promise that you'll be satisfied with the product or we'll take it back within 7 days."
This is no canvassing but as I said attitude and fair trade practices as enunciated in the policy statements do matter to the buyer. IMO theitdepot.com fails to inspire any buyer's confidence.
@proton, thanks for the two references which highlight that the seller cannot walk away stating that it is all pleasure for me and all pain for you should the product is found defective.All buyers should go through the references and exercise their rights before and after buying.

praka123

left this forum longback
@ponmayil ur views are right.but then i said only that cwh site looks lil lacking in terms of product description.

Ponmayilal

Attitude matters
^ I haven't chided you either.
The focus is mainly on the terms and conditions, Policies etc., as enunciated by the sellers.
I know how vocal you have been on this;)

Ponmayilal

Attitude matters
abhinandh said:
guys,i think www.theitdepot.com is reliable.i bought a logitech precison gamepad an it was delivered promptly within 2 days.but their prices are high for certain products.

:eek: Just because a product is delivered promptly do u call a seller reliable?Just because the product received works fine, does the seller become reliable?:eek:

It may so happen that in almost 95% of the cases the delivery may be prompt and the products work without any problems.

What does the seller do or wants to do in the reminder of 5% of the cases?

This is where the seller's true colour is revealed.

I am afraid you did not read through their terms and conditions nor did you go through the policies of the computerwarehouse.

I had recently bought an ASUS motherboard from a local dealer. On first switching it will boot but shut down after ten minutes.I returned the board to the dealer and he promptly replaced it with a new motherboard which worked fine.He did not say I am not responsible for the manufacturing defects. He did not say "when you buy you buy "with all faults" . I have nothing to do.Go to ASUS"

proton

fight evil
I fully agree with Ponmayilal.
Before you place any order online. Ask the vendor about his return policy
1.when the item received is DOA (Dead On Arrival). Check whether he will replace it immediately.
2.when the item is OK on receipt but develops a defect later but within the manufacturer’s warranty. Check whether he will service the manufacturer’s warranty or point his fingers to the service facility of the manufacturer/distributor.

Make your decision only after you receive categorical and unambiguous replies from him and never be in a hurry to make online purchases in a flash.

e-commerce is still at its infancy in India and poses a lot of problems for the consumers and it is for the consumer to be wary before he parts his money.

In case you decide to goahead and purchase do keep the emails sent and received by you.

syogan

Broken In
Check this out

*www.techenclave.com/forums/is-theitdepot-com-shopping-reliable-71832.html

The service is good. No tall promises such as the 7 day iron clad warranty but ussually the people who make tall promises are the ones who shaft you.

syogan

Broken In
Satyamy

Have u ever bought anything from www.theitdepot.com and had a problem or is it just I don't like it so it's not reliable

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom