Is www.theitdepot.com reliable?

Is theitdepot.com reliable online shopping website

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

syogan

Broken In
praka123 said:
Also,I'd like to know if these sort of terms and conditions listed in his website can be noted to Cyber Crime cell,Chennai :x

You want to note the terms and conditions to the cyber crime cell???????????????

Are you stating that the terms and conditions mentioned on the site are a crime????????

I am lost what exactly is the crime on the terms and conditions?

syogan

Broken In
@Proton
Your previous comments on this thread such as the below mentioned are in my opinion accurate.
Make your decision only after you receive categorical and unambiguous replies from him and never be in a hurry to make online purchases in a flash.
e-commerce is still at its infancy in India and poses a lot of problems for the consumers and it is for the consumer to be wary before he parts his money.

Regarding your post
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Kudos to Ponmayilal for unmasking syogan.
If I wanted to be masked I would have probably used some fancy name like yours. I will answer your queries
1.Why did not theitdepot respond to agnels queries after it received payment? Was the order finally executed and how many days after payment?
Most of payments recieved are through credit cards. When a credit card transaction is approved a trigger is set to e mail customer of order confirmation, create a order form etc etc. Agnel had instead paid by a direct deposit to our bank. Order procesing was not aware that an order had even been placed till after receipt of his mail. The product was shipped. The product that he had ordered was not in stock. If a product is in stock as mentioned on the site then it is shipped within 24 hours if not it is shipped only after availability of product. I am not sure exactly how many days maybe 4 or 5 but i could be wrong I can and will update you on this.
2. In the case of elendil who received a wrong item, please clarify unambiguously what the legal issue was
3. Against whom and in which court of law such legal process was initiated, that would have involved a long time as claimed
4.What happened finally? Was the issue resolved? When and how?

This is a long story but I will be brief. Shipments are sent by Blue dart courier or in places that are not covered through speed post. The product was shipped through blue dart. The customer has received the product and signed for it. As far as blue dart is concerned end of story. However the customer after a few days called and informed that the product was a wrong product. The product in question is a high value product. Our process does not allow for a wrong high value product to be shipped because the product is procurred against order. Invoices of distributors, serial numbers etc are updated and the logistics has no access to be able to substitue a product. Such being the case the first issue was was whether the product that was shipped was actually a wrong product. The customer informing us after a time delay made things worse. Blue dart gave us a run around and finally asked us to go to the cops. The cops gave us a run around and then asked us to go legal. Legal gave a run around becuase the value was low for them to pursue but finally they asked us to go back to the cops and file a case. When we went to the cops we were told that If we do file a case there would be an investigation at the customers end becuase he had signed for the product. If we followed through with this the matter would also place the customer in an awkward position. Finally we decided on refunding the product value to the customer.

You have posted a link to the *www.bbbonline.org/consumer/ This is what I was refering to ponmayil when i said we must have benchmarks. We do not have such a forum at India. Why not start one? We can ask Ponmayil also to help.

janitha said:
It seems identity is accepted.

Hi

As I had posted to proton if I had wanted to hide identity I would had a fance name like his on this forum.

@ Ponmayil
Adverse experiences of a few customers who had problems as reported and available in the public domain carry much more weightage in his assessment of reliability
Such being the case it is impertinent that the information is accurate and not one sided and where a person can make a well informed decision
Thus a consumer’s perception of reliability is fully a subjective matter which does not lend itself to any quantitative yardstick measurement.
Reliability can be measured. There are companies that do benchmarking and companies get certification from organizations. check out standards for ethical online business practices listed by proton maybe There are those would want it to remain a subjective matter.

It will be naive to say that terms and conditions, policies etc., cannot be used to assess reliability. It will be naive to say the price cannot be used to assess reliability.It will be naive to say that only persons who have purchased can talk on reliability.
Grow up faster the better
It will be naïve to say only positive comments should be taken and adverse experience of a few cannot be taken in assessing reliability.
It is even more foolish to say that one experience of getting a late reply and one experience of which you do not know the full details is the only factor in pronouncing your verdict of unreliability.
And it will be naive on my part to assume that “syogan” is someone without vested interests. One Mr.Shanmugavel Yogan is the Managing Director of Cyber Space Abacus Private Ltd., which runs the itdepot. This info is available on the web. Does “syogan” relate to this name? IMO yes 100%. I cannot wish it away as a coincidence. With this info in mind, those who posted and also those who view can go through all that is said under this thread and can make their own inference as to who is picking a bone and who is making a sales talk, trying to turn the tide.
And byeeeee…………………………………….to this thread
Yes it would be naive of you to assume that syogan is someone without vested interests. Does the fact that Mr shunmugavel Yogan who has a vested interest in contending your opinion of defining reliability or unreliability upset you that you want to leave the thread? This is not personal do not leave.

proton said:
While many of the blatantly one-sided terms and conditions will not stand the scrutiny of law if an aggrieved consumer hauls up the trader in a court of law, there is effectively no mechanism to prevent sellers from exhibiting such unfair terms. In US there are local communities which run Better Business Bureaus which form part of a countrywide network, that evaluates the member companies' and traders' online Reliability standards for ethical online business practices and allows them to exhibit BBBOnLine Reliability seal. *www.bbbonline.org/consumer/
Till such time we have such watchdog mechanisms, it will be for the consumers to be alert,raise their voice and shun such traders.

Hi Proton

Please can you visit *www.theitdepot.com/terms_conditions.php . Do you find any of the terms and conditions blatantly? Are any of them one sided and are there any unfair terms.

This is not to prove anything but rather to work on whether any of them can be modified or changed if necessary.

Last edited:

praka123

left this forum longback
ur terms and conditions are unacceptible.how can a end user communicate direct with companies.many companies simply neglects.it is the duty of the seller/retailer to maintain the claims of warranty.ur terms and conditions for warranty must need to be changed.dont think not everyone knows h/w sales.
also make the prices reasonable.the prices you quotes on the website when compared to street price seems too high.small metros like in Ernakulam,even small computer sellers in towns can give you warranty!why not yours?this seems illogical.I believe you takes things postiviely.:neutral:
I am also one potential customer(many too,but left it=see the poll!) who your company lost due to just going through your terms and conditions.I know the song the wholesalers says "dont take extra liabilities"-this is NOT an extra thing.warranty is a must for it hardware.NO-not everyone are there to play with fake ordering dramas through online trading.

Last edited:

Daffodil

Right off the assembly line
If I wanted to be masked I would have probably used some fancy name like yours. - syogan
This is post-event statement.As long as nobody knew who was speaking as syogan, you remained incognito.To that extent Ponmayilal did unmask you and deserves the kudos from not only Proton but many others who have seen this thread. Why did you not introduce yourself in the first instance and start a dialogue or discussion or give your opinions gracefully in defence of itdepot? What you started doing is a sales talk to prop up the sagging fortunes of itdepot posing as any other consumer starting with “The service is good. No tall promises such as the 7 day iron clad warranty but ussually the people who make tall promises are the ones who shaft you” but accused Ponmayilal as doing a sales talk for Computerwarehouse.’’ What a joke! You questioned satyamy.When Ponmayilal questioned whether you had purchased anything from theitdepot you stated “You are imagining or assuming things I have never stated that the service from www.theitdepot.com is either good nor Bad???” Do you think those who see all these posts are blind? We do now know why you got irritated and asked Ponmayilal not to waste others time.
The poll results are there for everyone to see.If you want you can start another poll “Will you buy from theitdepot , after going through their terms and conditions?” to prove your contention “Terms and conditions cannot be a yardstick for reliability.”
( I have cut and pasted from your posting)

syogan

Broken In
praka123 said:
ur terms and conditions are unacceptible.how can a end user communicate direct with companies.many companies simply neglects.it is the duty of the seller/retailer to maintain the claims of warranty.ur terms and conditions for warranty must need to be changed.dont think not everyone knows h/w sales.
also make the prices reasonable.the prices you quotes on the website when compared to street price seems too high.small metros like in Ernakulam,even small computer sellers in towns can give you warranty!why not yours?this seems illogical.I believe you takes things postiviely.:neutral:
I am also one potential customer(many too,but left it=see the poll!) who your company lost due to just going through your terms and conditions.I know the song the wholesalers says "dont take extra liabilities"-this is NOT an extra thing.warranty is a must for it hardware.NO-not everyone are there to play with fake ordering dramas through online trading.

Hi Praka

Thanks for noting that I do take things positively. To clear things up

ur terms and conditions are unacceptible.
]There are quite a few mentioned, which one is not acceptable?
can a end user communicate direct with companies
Are you thinking that we are asking all customers to talk to the manufacturers for warranty?
many companies simply neglects.it is the duty of the seller/retailer to maintain the claims of warranty
Yes unfortunately most companies do not deliver in terms of prompt service. However anything bought from our store is under warranty for the period of time from which they purchased for one or two or five years depending on the product. Theitdepot.com assigns and passes through to the customer any warranty of the manufacturer” for example if you purchase a flash pen drive and it doesn’t work after a month the product is still covered under warranty. We will get the product replaced/serviced from the distributor for the customer. For your information almost all products come with a warranty except maybe mouse pads or stuff like that.
ur terms and conditions for warranty must need to be changed
What part of warranty in the terms and conditions are you proposing that we change?
dont think not everyone knows h/w sales
Yes I think you are right. We assume that everyone who is buying a component is aware of the hardware specifications. Point noted I will get it more organized
also make the prices reasonable. the prices you quotes on the website when compared to street price seems too high
Yes Actually sometimes our in-store prices too will be lower on some products but unfortunately online sales at India is still in its infancy. In order to lower prices.
I can be reached at s.yogan@gmail.com. Please let me know if you need any info.

Daffodil said:
If I wanted to be masked I would have probably used some fancy name like yours. - syogan
This is post-event statement.As long as nobody knew who was speaking as syogan, you remained incognito.To that extent Ponmayilal did unmask you and deserves the kudos from not only Proton but many others who have seen this thread. Why did you not introduce yourself in the first instance and start a dialogue or discussion or give your opinions gracefully in defence of itdepot? What you started doing is a sales talk to prop up the sagging fortunes of itdepot posing as any other consumer starting with “The service is good. No tall promises such as the 7 day iron clad warranty but ussually the people who make tall promises are the ones who shaft you” but accused Ponmayilal as doing a sales talk for Computerwarehouse.’’ What a joke! You questioned satyamy.When Ponmayilal questioned whether you had purchased anything from theitdepot you stated “You are imagining or assuming things I have never stated that the service from www.theitdepot.com is either good nor Bad???” Do you think those who see all these posts are blind? We do now know why you got irritated and asked Ponmayilal not to waste others time.
The poll results are there for everyone to see.If you want you can start another poll “Will you buy from theitdepot , after going through their terms and conditions?” to prove your contention “Terms and conditions cannot be a yardstick for reliability.”
( I have cut and pasted from your posting)

This is post-event statement.As long as nobody knew who was speaking as syogan, you remained incognito.
isn't everybody here incognito
Ponmayilal did unmask you and deserves the kudos from not only Proton but many others who have seen this thread.
Why because he looked up to see who this syogan guy is????
Why did you not introduce yourself in the first instance and start a dialogue or discussion or give your opinions gracefully in defence of itdepot?
I did not start this dialogue I was informed of this thread by a customer. I did give my opinion. I have also been questioning opinions and stating the need for establishing a yardstick for measurement of reliability instead of going by just opinions. That is what the thread was supposed to be about. Being Graceful?? please If you can dish it you must make sure you can take it. People have posted that theitdepot is " Arent they Criminals?" When you are stating reliability and calling them criminals you are questioning the character of that organization. My posts were to keep that in context and perspective. Should your reliability as a person be based on subjective opinions? as ponmayil has stated "Thus a consumer’s perception of reliability is fully a subjective matter which does not lend itself to any quantitative yardstick measurement."
What you started doing is a sales talk to prop up the sagging fortunes of itdepot posing as any other consumer starting with “The service is good. No tall promises such as the 7 day iron clad warranty but ussually the people who make tall promises are the ones who shaft you” but accused Ponmayilal as doing a sales talk for Computerwarehouse.’’ What a joke!
"sagging fortunes of itdepot" I can actually laugh at your face and I do. Yes the service is good. Not just my words, testimonials from customers. Yes there are no tall promises as you may have noticed when you read the terms and conditions. People who make tall promises do shaft you. That ofcourse is an opinion which you consider a joke. Do a double check the joke maybe on you.
You questioned satyamy
Yes I did and I stated that he was naive to think that just because a product is cheaper elsewhere offline it means that theitdepot is not reliable.
When Ponmayilal questioned whether you had purchased anything from theitdepot you stated “You are imagining or assuming things I have never stated that the service from www.theitdepot.com is either good nor Bad???” Do you think those who see all these posts are blind?
you obviously have missed the below mentioned post just as I missed seeing the post about "service is good"
Oops my mistake. OMG you caught me .........
so much for benchmarking reliability
We do now know why you got irritated and asked Ponmayilal not to waste others time.
Based on your post I am sure you don't know why I was irritated. There have been two issues that were highlighted and the terms and conditions that people think make us criminals, based on which the reliability of theitdepot was defined. The thread was on the same question. Ponmayil instead of addressing these issues has implyed and has now stated that a customer's perception of reliability is a subjective question. "In law, defamation is the communication of a statement that makes a false claim, expressly stated or implied to be factual, that may harm the reputation of an individual, business, product, group, government or nation. Most jurisdictions allow legal actions, civil and/or criminal, to deter various kinds of defamation and retaliate against criticism." Amongst all the posts only Proton seems to have any interest in addressing the actual issues.
Everybody can see the poll results but has anyone actaully proved that theitdepot is not reliable? All we have seen is a claim to reliability based on subjective preferences. A crude but a simple, effective and a more accurate yardstick to prove my contention which is not based on subjective questions would be the sales and longetivity of the store. I rest my case.
If you or any of the readers are still claiming that theitdepot is not reliable because of the poll or because of your subscription to the subjective theory you too would be wasting my time if not everybody's time. Now that everyone knows my relationship totheitdepot.com and you are interested to setup an acurate measuring yardstick or have any complaints, issues that you would like theitdepot to resolve please mail me at s.yogan@gmail.com

Last edited:

proton

fight evil
@syogan, Let me first thank and appreciate you for coming out and expressing your opinions , calling others to tell you what exactly they find objectionable so that you may consider those aspects and do the best you can without compromising your interests as a seller. You do owe it to the company you represent.
I cannot but help feeling that your avowed objective of “stating the need for establishing a yardstick for measurement of reliability”, would have been better served and appreciated, had you in the first instance itself made yourself known and started giving your opinions, questioning other’s opinions and starting a discussion etc. It could have perhaps avoided the frayed tempers,charges and counter-charges. This is not a criticism but my personal view. In any case all is well that ends well.
And thank you for answering my two questions on agnels and elendil. I shall give my views on it in the next post.
As for the terms and conditions, I note that substantial changes have been made and in its present form more acceptable. A part of the previous terms and conditions as it existed when this thread started and was in progress
warranties; all products sold "as-is" or "with all faults"
All items sold through theitdepot.com are sold "as-is" or "with all faults." the entire risk as to the quality and performance of these items is with the buyer. should any of these items prove defective, do not function, or function improperly in any way following their purchase, the buyer, and not the manufacturer, distributor, or theitdepot.com, assumes the entire cost of all necessary servicing or repair.

(Thanks to Praka123. I cut and pasted this from his post. Since this no longer exists in www.theitdepot.com)
The present terms and conditions as modified
warranties; all products sold "as-is" or "with all faults"
Theitdepot.com is a distributor only. Products sold by Theitdepot.com are not manufactured by Theitdepot.com. The products may, however, be covered by each manufacturer's warranty, service, and support policy (if present). Theitdepot.com assigns and passes through to the customer any warranty of the manufacturer, and customer acknowledges that it shall have recourse only under such warranties and only as against the manufacturer of the products.
Theitdepot.com makes no representation or express warranty with respect to the product except those stated in this document. Theitdepot.com disclaims all other warranties, express or implied, as to any such product, including and without limitation, the implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose, and any implied warranties arising from statute, trade usage, course of dealing, or course of performance.

I would still request that you delete “all products sold "as-is" or "with all faults" from the heading as it is likely to create an aversion and psychological barrier in the minds of the viewer. What is stated below the heading as Warranties should be sufficient subject to further modification suggested below.
“and only as against the manufacturer of the products.” This should be deleted as it is “one-sided”, the seller trying to exempt himself against any recourse by the consumer. This, in my opinion, will not stand the scrutiny of law. Please refer to my previous post dated 07-06-2007 on this subject and the links given therein which I repeat below.
*ncdrc.nic.in/1_1_2.html para 1.7-3 page 2.20
*www.tribuneindia.com/2007/200...rum/rights.htm

That you will undertake servicing the manufacturers’ warranty too has been adequately stated. (– which I think was missing previously, though I have no way of confirming this since I do not have a copy of the terms and conditions as it existed before )
So ,friends, let us take our time and discuss any issue in a cordial atmosphere without calling names or adducing motives. Even Ponmayilal who is on self-imposed exile can join in, since syogan has said he has nothing personal against and has an open mind on any issue. Thanks to all.

syogan

Broken In
Hi Proton

This is a public thread. I asked questions raised issues questioned opinions and generally created frayed tempers. could it have been avoided?? I am not too sure.
Yes the terms and conditions were modified after it was brought to notice at this thread. "Thank You"
The heading all products sold "as-is" or "with all faults" does sound rude. We will have to modify that.
Regarding the other modification "“and only as against the manufacturer of the products.” and the subsequent link to the Tribune india. The consumer courts at India have enormous discretionary powers however they too are quite aware and alert to the system being abused which you may find surprsing is quite often the case. The point being we beleive that it is the manufacturer who is reponsible for a product and it's quality and it is the customer's responsibility to make the choice. This is inspite of whether this will stand the crutiny of law or not. At the same time we will not sell products that we think are in anyway dubious, low quality or just plain bad.
We are working on a warranty and customer review option for products on our site. This should also help.
Ponmayil had stated that he did research for online stores a while ago. All online stores and customers will benefit if a benchmarking system is in place. This is not too difficult to do. If people are willing to spend a liitle bit of time I am sure it can be done.

Thanks for your feedback. Please mail me syogan@gmail.com if you have any ideas issues etc.

Cheers

OP
agnels

agnels

Live The Dream!
1.Why did not theitdepot respond to agnels queries after it received payment? Was the order finally executed and how many days after payment?

I transfered the money & sent a mail to customersupport@theitdepot.com and registered countless complaints on their website... but they sidn't respond. I sent a mail again on 5th still no response..Then i called them and talked to Ms. Uma and she acknowledged receipt of payment but said that she has not received any mail from me, and told me to send the details again to purchase@theitdepot.com & cc to uma@theitdepot.com. I finally received the product on 16/06/2007.

Again this month i ordered a Creative webcam Live as shown on their website but a cretive webcam vista was delivered. They said that by mistake the wrong product was shown and offered to refund my money back. But this is cheating.......

TOTATLY UNRELIABLE

How can they say that a wrong product is shown on their website and offer a refund. If it was US they would have been sued for...........

proton

fight evil
Here is news about IT Depot from reliable sources.

Two consumers had jointly filed a consumer complaint against Cyber Space Abacus Private Ltd (Managing Director SYOGAN) before the Chennai district consumer forum in March 2007.

In July 2007, the consumer forum had ordered Cyber Space Abacus Pvt. Ltd to refund the cost price of the item purchased from them and also pay a compensation of Rs. 25,000/- to the two complainants within one month.(The total award amount is something like Rs. 35000 plus)

Against this order, Cyber Space Abacus Pvt Ltd., has now preferred an appeal before the Tamil Nadu State Commission and the “legal process” is on.

At the end of it, we will know whether the consumers win or the IT Depot wins.

Syogan’s assertion of the crude yardstick “longevity and sales turnover can be a measure of reliability” is now under test.

Let us wait for the State Commission’s verdict. ( which I understand may take months if not years in view of the number of appeals pending before the Commission.)

VideoEditingIndia

www.VideoEditingIndia.com
How can they say that a wrong product is shown on their website and offer a refund

Refund? This stupid IT Depot guys not even giving the refund for one of my friend for the last two months.

Where is their shop in Chennai? Where are these guys from? Are they Natives of Tamilnadu?

proton

fight evil
Cyber Space Abacus Pvt. Ltd and its Managing Director Mr. Shanmugavel Yogan - a member of this forum- seem to be in the news again for all the wrong reasons.

@VEI, you must post more details of your friend's case for all to know.

VideoEditingIndia

www.VideoEditingIndia.com
Mr. Shanmugavel Yogan - a member of this forum

First I will teach that forum member, HOW TO DO BUSINESS in Chennai, before explaining the whole story to you all. (please let me take 2 more days!)

If he need to know about us, ask him to visit our sites:

*silambamindia.com
*pencaksilatindia.com

This Guy has cheated many people...Why don't you BAN this Guy from this forum!!!

Last edited:

ezek1el

Right off the assembly line
That damn Indian. Even i am proud Indian, but don't Support bullshit irresponsibility! When i ordered fnatic game mouspad, the shipped me after 2 months!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

janitha

Wise Old Owl

"First I will teach that forum member"
:confused: through martial arts?:confused:

Anyways, if cheating is going on, let it be stopped.

BTW, let's say "end justifies the means";)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom