is something wrong with my graphics card

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
R

raviramgopal

Broken In
after i installed my onboard graphics,the sound is kind of distorted and slow.i have a creative soundblaster soundcard.how do i fix this.
i would also like to kno which gpu to buy(around 4000rs) and if my pci-e slot has a problem.thanks

spikygv

Wise Old Owl
extend budget to 5k and get a 8600GT . i'd advice to avoid XFX for this particular card only. . wichever u buy make sure its got gddr3 watever the size of the memory.

OP
R

raviramgopal

Broken In
hi,
i found out the cost of two 8600gt cards (both 256 mb)-the first manufacturer is big byte corp(rs 4500+tax) and the second is the XFX (rs 5100+tax),which card should i go for .if not both,which manufacturer should i go for???

spikygv

Wise Old Owl
is the card from BIG having gddr3 memory ? if yes , take it. .i have had a bad experience from xfx 8600 , so for 8600 i recommend u to avoid xfx .. so i wud suggest BIG. besdies , wats ur budget ?

OP
R

raviramgopal

Broken In
i think gddr3 cards are beyond my budget.and is ddr3 the same as gddr3.the zebronics one is rs4200(256 mb,ddr2),is it a decent one or should i go for sparkle or BIG.i am confused.does the manufacturer really make a difference??
PS-i live in bangalore,it would be great if NE1 can suggest a few good shops.

phreak0ut

The Thread Killer >:)
@raviramgopal-Though many suggested to go for XFX in the beginning, people are suggesting not to go for that. I say the same thing. I'm getting my 8600GT RMA'd. If you can get an MSI 8600GT, it's good. Try out Golcha computers on SP road. Only he seems to be stocking different companies and different models of graphics card. AFAIK, 8600GT 256MB has a DDR3 RAM, no matter which company you go for.

spikygv

Wise Old Owl
^^ i think 8600's come in 3 versions..
1. 256 mb gddr3
2. 512mb ddr2
3. 512mb gddr3

i would recommend picking up sparkle / BIG. .dont go4 the zebronics card.
i think sparkle uses zalman cooler which makes it pretty cool . .but between the two , i dont know which is better. i have heard that BIG is also fine.

those cards employing ddr2 use cheap mainboard ddr2 memory as the graphics memory in the cards they manufacture . .not much performance compared to gddr3.
undoubtedly gddr3 is leaps and bounds better .

256 mb gddr3 >> 512mb ddr2

please take a gddr3 based card even if it has lower memory size.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom