is something wrong with my graphics card

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
R

raviramgopal

Broken In
i am also having someother problem.sometimes my windows gives that start windows normally ,safemode etc screen.the comp continuosly restarts no matter what i select and comes back to the same screen but if i swith off the system and try ,it boots properly.i am not sure if this is related to the graphics card issue.this thing happens even if my os is reinstalled and even if there is nothing on the comp

i am also having someother problem.sometimes my windows gives that start windows normally ,safemode etc screen.the comp continuosly restarts no matter what i select and comes back to the same screen but if i swith off the system and try ,it boots properly.i am not sure if this is related to the graphics card issue.this thing happens even if my os is reinstalled and even if there is nothing on the comp

Last edited:

Rollercoaster

-The BlacKCoaT Operative-
i am telling you again check your ram. this sounds to me like bad ram

download from *www.memtest86.com/
burn to CD (use re-writable if u dont want to waste a cd)

then boot ur pc using the CD and run the tests for atleast 3 cycles.
if it does not report any error then ur Ram is 100% OK and 99% CPU and MOBO too.

Download prime95 from *files.extremeoverclocking.com/file.php?f=103
Run some torture tests for atleast 30mins and if there are errors then something is wrong with your cpu/mobo.

IF everything checks out then replace ur gfx card and see if the problem stays.

Last edited:

spikygv

Wise Old Owl
i think ur card is overheating. . . so y not check the card first ? try ur frends card and / or see how it runs with onboard.

ofcorse it makes no difference. . . .

shri

Always Fresh!
@raviramgopal
I own a 6600 too. I too face the same problem. The PC hangs in the middle of games, movie playback and sometimes even when a simple mp3 playback. Even the 'start windows normally' problem was there. But it has reduced somewhat nowadays.
I'd exchanged my RAM with that of my friends. Even then the problem exists. So RAM is not the culprit here. It must be either the gfx card or the motherboard. Mine is an ASUS-A8NE. Which is yours?

And BTW there is no temperature related problems. Its (the motherboard temp) typically within 40-45C.

Last edited:
i had the same problem... my 6600 showed gerky in between games..

the problem was due to a cable disrupting the fans. now it is fine.

so check the fans and for dust.

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
@shri
yup, A8N E mobo temps never rise above 45c even under ocing. It might surelly be GPU or the power is not enuf, it the PSU might be culprit.

OP
R

raviramgopal

Broken In
@shri-i have an intel d945gcnl.
----------------------------------
i wanted to check if it is my Gpu that is at fault but when i tried installing the onboard graphics driver-i got a message saying my system doesnt meet the minimum requirements!!!!!.the following is my config
intel d945gcnl,p4 3.0ghz,1 gb ram,80gbHDD

i also used the memtest on the linux livecd.i found no errors for 7 passes.so is it defenitely my graphics card???.i shall check the cables and remove dust and try.

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
Try another PSu friends. But PSU probs shows up when system is at load, nd u said it happens sometimes there's not much load.
So more chance for GPU probs.

hi, just now i noticed, it was my 2000th post.

OP
R

raviramgopal

Broken In
hi
how can i check whether my gpu is at fault when i cant install my onboard graphics.it says my system doesnt meet the min system requirements!!!

shri

Always Fresh!
Mine is a zebronics 400W PSU. I've heard that the plugs can cause problems when they are loose.
How much does a new 400W PSU cost? I can exchange it too i suppose...?

OP
R

raviramgopal

Broken In
i want to install my onboard graphics.but it says my system cannot meet the requirements.whats wrong with it???what do i do??

i want to install my onboard graphics.but it says my system doesnt meet the min requirements.whats wrong with it???what do i do??

Last edited:

spikygv

Wise Old Owl
look . the onboard gfx aint enough for that game . .use the software called "ATI tool " to stress test ur gfx card. and see if it happens while using onboard as well. .

OP
R

raviramgopal

Broken In
^^^^no,i dont want the onboard graphics for playing but just to make sure that its my graphics card that is at fault.so why does it give that error if i try installing it???

OP
R

raviramgopal

Broken In
@sagargv
dude i dont kno how to run ati tool but i selected 'find max core' and the comp hung after around 3-4 mins of scanning and also the next time i selected scan for artifacts and the comp hung after around 10 seconds!!!!!.

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
so its defenitely the gpu thats causing the problem.
Does it have ny warranty left? orelse i think its faulty, nd u ve no choice but to get a nw one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom