Is rapidshare any good ?

What do you think of rapishare ?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

xbonez

NP : Crysis
rapidshare is gud, but

1. it is easier to find rare stuff on torrents than on RS (pls don't give me the cr@p that i don't know where to search)
2. u have very centralised and well-maintained sites that index tons of torrent sites such as torrentz etc. such sites, though exist for RS, have never been as satisfactory
3. limited download of 100mb file size
4. time limit is a pain...so is download ticket
5. no resumes on RS
6. captcha image is a royal pain in the a&&
7. i have a 256kbps connection, so i don't have the problem of torrents not giving full speeds. most reasonably healthy torrents comfortably max my speeds on my 256kbps connection

so, in short, RS more or less sucks

PS - i have not taken premium features of RS into consideration, since paying for an RS account is out of the question when i get everything for free on torrents

rapidshare is gud, but

1. it is easier to find rare stuff on torrents than on RS (pls don't give me the cr@p that i don't know where to search)
2. u have very centralised and well-maintained sites that index tons of torrent sites such as torrentz etc. such sites, though exist for RS, have never been as satisfactory
3. limited download of 100mb file size
4. time limit is a pain...so is download ticket
5. no resumes on RS
6. captcha image is a royal pain in the a&&
7. i have a 256kbps connection, so i don't have the problem of torrents not giving full speeds. most reasonably healthy torrents comfortably max my speeds on my 256kbps connection

so, in short, RS more or less sucks

PS - i have not taken premium features of RS into consideration, since paying for an RS account is out of the question when i get everything for free on torrents
you dealt with pretty much every point, ecept the existance of megaupload for RS like contents, and GNUtella, ED2K and other P2P networks with better speeds (if you know where to look) than BitTorrent.

And please don't include capcha in arguement, as its just a security feature. Period. Infact, I appreciate them for implementing such effective capchas, that even humans can't read them :p

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
one thing that sucks is that even when u dload an iso from RS or friggin anything that involves ftp or http, u have to check md5sum

while there is no need to check iso checksum while dloaded via torrents :D

Though there are many other things pointed out before, am in no mood of typing all those

Dipen01

Youngling
Oh Megaupload sucks big time atleast for free users... It always , literally 10/10 times shows me that all the slots in your country are full... Besides speeds are slower compared to RS..

xbonez

you dealt with pretty much every point, ecept the existance of megaupload for RS like contents, and GNUtella, ED2K and other P2P networks with better speeds (if you know where to look) than BitTorrent.

And please don't include capcha in arguement, as its just a security feature. Period. Infact, I appreciate them for implementing such effective capchas, that even humans can't read them :p

i didn't include megaupload, 4shared etc. because this topic is about RS and not about http transfers v/s torrent transfers...we're dealing exclusively with RS

captcha is a royal pain in the a&&...so much so that since the captha images with the cats have started, i can now download only during happy hrs...

nitish_mythology

OSS Enthusiast!
@Dipen01 I Agree..
The slots of megaupload are mostly full whnever I visit! :(

dipen01 said:
yup..ppl who says RS rocks were either a RS Premium member or a RS Premium account seller.
I am not a seller

But yeah i am a member.. But i havent paid is single paisa for it

i havent got it illegally either..

how did u get it then??

xbonez

@Dipen01 I Agree..
The slots of megaupload are mostly full whnever I visit! :(

how did u get it then??

he probably collected 8000 points as a free member and then got a 30 day premium account free

as for megaupload slots being full, its most convenient to just dl and install the megaupload toolbar...it contains no spyware or trojans or anything and is very unobstrusive..with it installed u'll never have problems with dl slots

axxo

99.9% Idle
8000 points is still huge imo.
Last time i earned 10$ for 10000 downloads @ ziddu.com.
and considering the fact that RS account per month is 5$ i could have got 2 month account than one for earning 8000 in RS.

Oh Megaupload sucks big time atleast for free users... It always , literally 10/10 times shows me that all the slots in your country are full... Besides speeds are slower compared to RS..
just get the toolbar as I said before. But install it in a closed environment, as its a suspecius object.
i didn't include megaupload, 4shared etc. because this topic is about RS and not about http transfers v/s torrent transfers...we're dealing exclusively with RS

captcha is a royal pain in the a&&...so much so that since the captha images with the cats have started, i can now download only during happy hrs...
yup this topic is about RS. Its about how good RS is, compared to everything else, so we pit everything against rapidshare and see if it really is worth its sh!t.

xbonez

^^ok..in that case my answer is NO..RS isn't worth anything in front of torrents and the loads of other filehosting websites

xbonez

^^ how do u have to wait too long? torrents take around 2-3 min to start download...is that the time lag u're talking about?

am also sharing my rs : premium account with my frd .... & hell, v r njoying this .... </br> whereas torrents r concerned u have 2 wait 2 long 2 get the file ...... </br> so yes 2 rs & no 2 torrents 4 me .......
this thread is not RS vs Torrents. It is RS vs other services/sources.

Vyasram

The pWnster
I hate RS for their ca(p)tchas

What kind of super-duper-bot would succeed in scanning an ordinary captcha on a regular basis to make them go for these cats? Is there a real need to use those cats there? They are just irritating potential users by this.

xbonez

^^no, premium users don't get the image...the captcha image is so troublesome, i now dl only during happy hrs

axxo

99.9% Idle
Ok..this will be a continuation of another thread(RS vs tortent) because the old one got deleted by some mod/admin....its quite obvious that 99% of vaibhavtek thread gets deleted these days :D

*img182.imageshack.us/img182/5601/20080520134444kv5.jpg

first @filledvoid I appreciate ur efforts in finding a legal stuff uploaded on RS, hats off dude. But even then do u think anyone will care to download from that source apart frm premium RS users??

dear axxo,

the previous thread got deleted mainly because it discussed illegal content(it was me who gave reason for that thread's deletion. sorry). So as the starter of this thread, I request you and other members to restrict yourselves to the download of legal files only.

So that means no justification of RS saying that it has more movies in it.

This thread discusses the usefulness of rapidshare for anything legal, and thats it.

Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom