Is rapidshare any good ?

What do you think of rapishare ?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
We have all been well aquinted with www.rapishare.com, a popular site for offering file hosting. I started this thread to see what people think of rapidshare - is it any good ?

Lets debate on how rapishare fares compared to others in the game.

Edit: This thread is NOT rapidshare vs torrents, or rapidshare vs megaupload. Its just a debate on the good in rapidshare.

Last edited:

Dipen01

Youngling
RS Hands down :D

I have tried all the best Pvt Sites ever heard of and i can surely claim that RS is better any day ;)

P.S :- Ofcourse if you cant tolerate delay of say 5-10 minutes, then id suggest stick to torrents :p

legolas

Padawan
why is there another topic apart from the one
Rapidshare Vs torrents

However, IMO, just to download 1 file or something at times its ok. (but now even that is bad with all the cat counting cr*p). Otherwise it sucks!!

Dipen01

Youngling
I do have Premium acc ;) (Although i am sharing it with a friend)

So no captchas and other hassles..

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
P.S :- Ofcourse if you cant tolerate delay of say 5-10 minutes, then id suggest stick to torrents :p
That delay depends upon the file size that you downloaded. For example, if you downloaded a 100mb file then you'll have to wait 90min before you can download another file on RS.

I do have Premium acc ;) (Although i am sharing it with a friend)

So no captchas and other hassles..
whats the point of paying for some bad service to make it better when there are already better free services ?
That delay depends upon the file size that you downloaded. For example, if you downloaded a 100mb file then you'll have to wait 90min before you can download another file on RS.
which is why I use zShare and mediafire.

Rapidshare is like windows and Mediafire is like linux if you decide to compare their services.

wow, lots have voted rapidshare sucks. And I thought thinkdigit was the biggest RS fanboy home around. Guess I was wrong.

Last edited:

Dipen01

Youngling
Aree its not about what we like.. majority of files are uploaded on RS so can't help na..

@krazzy :- If the files is 100MB in its a movie or tv series then i can bet on some of so called good sources you can get it under 5-10 min ;) If its a game or something then 20-25min max... ;)

I kinda have lot to argue about why RS is much much better.. But very tired to type lol.. Have participated in same debate in over 5-6 forums :p

Kl@w-24

Slideshow Bob
It's irritating, annoying and a pain in the u-know-what!! Only those who want to gain RS points or who already have premium accounts prefer to use it. I only use it if it's the only/last option. And God bless u if u r downloading a large file using a free account.

Dipen01

Youngling
yup..ppl who says RS rocks were either a RS Premium member or a RS Premium account seller.

I am not a seller :eek:

But yeah i am a member.. But i havent paid is single paisa for it ;)

i havent got it illegally either..

Frankly theres not enough of old content on Torrents.. RS helps a lot in these case..

I am not a seller :eek:

But yeah i am a member.. But i havent paid is single paisa for it ;)

i havent got it illegally either..

Frankly theres not enough of old content on Torrents.. RS helps a lot in these case..
as I said before, try downloading the DVD versions of Knoppix 5.3, Fedora 9 and Ubuntu 8.04, all of which are distros, in a single day, first by torrent and second by RS. Then you will realise the pain in the A$$ which rapidshare is.

Tell me, forget all illegal stuff. Is there anything legal in Rapidshare which is better obtained from RS than from other sources ? And this is not about torrents vs RS. There is another thread for that. Torrents and RS are not the end of the world. I mean the other services and technologies out there. Just see if for a legal freak RS is any good.

prasad_den

Padawan
RS can't do anything if there are more illegal contents uploaded in it... that doesn't make RS good or bad.. Leave out the contents, if you want a more sane and unbiased discussion..
Let's say there's a 200MB legal file that I would like to download. In RS' favour, it is very much likely that the file would be uploaded in it than any other site due to its popularity.. and once you wait and fill the PITA captcha correctly, you can d/l the file with fairly decent speed.. Disadv..: No d/l resume, no d/l maanagers, long wait until the next file d/l. (We are talking only about RS free here)
Alternative free sites have lesser waiting time, d/l manager support, simpler captchas, and ability to d/l files one after another without any restrictions. But the major disadv is that speed is sometimes less in these sites (not all).

Conclusion: Depends on what you need.. if you can tolerate waiting periods, and have a fast connection so you need not rely on d/l managers - RS is for you..
If what you need is more freedom... d/l resuming and the likes - try out alternative sites.
Ultimately, the foremost deciding factor would be if you really have a choice .. 'coz more often than not, the file you want is uploaded in RS only....!! :(
My choice: not RS..! there are other sites which suit my requirements.. :D

In that case all the sources are equal be RS/Torrents/ed2k/P2P :D and RS has no advantage infact it can be disadvantage for those who dont have premium ;)
my point exactly. rs = bad for the general public.

but bt is awssome for making an alt to http links, as the same server experiences slightly lesser load.

Biplav

In the zone
Points for Rapidshare:
1.All files,e books, tv shows,softwares(everything legally downloadable) are available on Rapidshare, which makes it one of the top sites to search in case you don't get a file anywhere else.
2.Very Fast speeds for Premium Users.Fast and consistent too.Although I cannot say that for free users .

Points against Rapidshare:
1.5GB download limit/per day for Premium Users.First u pay for it and yet u have a download limit.That's just not right.
2.The waiting time for free user between downloads is a bit unfair.

My personal experience:
I used to be on Bsnl Unltd Scheme(Rs 900/month) and I wud download around 2 GB per day.
Now I shifted my scheme to BSNL Home 500(Rs 500/month)and got a Rapidshare premium ac for Rs 430(approx) and download 4 - 4.2GB per day.
{total now(430+500)=Rs 930}
I have tried torrents but torrents fluctuate on seeders which is something we cant decide.Plus I ve never downloaded 4 GB in a day with torrents.
For free users , it sucks.period. There are better sites offering better alternatives.
But how many sites can actually match upto Rapidshare when it comes to the data available on it?

Points for Rapidshare:
1.All files,e books, tv shows,softwares(everything legally downloadable) are available on Rapidshare, which makes it one of the top sites to search in case you don't get a file anywhere else.
2.Very Fast speeds for Premium Users.Fast and consistent too.Although I cannot say that for free users .

Points against Rapidshare:
1.5GB download limit/per day for Premium Users.First u pay for it and yet u have a download limit.That's just not right.
2.The waiting time for free user between downloads is a bit unfair.

My personal experience:
I used to be on Bsnl Unltd Scheme(Rs 900/month) and I wud download around 2 GB per day.
Now I shifted my scheme to BSNL Home 500(Rs 500/month)and got a Rapidshare premium ac for Rs 430(approx) and download 4 - 4.2GB per day.
{total now(430+500)=Rs 930}
I have tried torrents but torrents fluctuate on seeders which is something we cant decide.Plus I ve never downloaded 4 GB in a day with torrents.
For free users , it sucks.period. There are better sites offering better alternatives.
But how many sites can actually match upto Rapidshare when it comes to the data available on it?
ever tried megaupload ?

though its toolbar is a sucky spyware, you can always install windows xp/2000 in a virtual machine, strip it naked ecept for IE and Megaupload toolbar, and load away.

For content on torrents, go to dedicated private trackers

In many, you can discuss about files and decide what you want to download. If many agree, you can get a pooled download. There are known trackers for everything.

And if you need hosting, then look nowhere other than mediafire

It has an excellent interface to organise files, you get to password protect files, you can auto email them, and you can offer full speed download which does not fluctuate, to anyone. It is TOTALLY FREE.

GNUtella is Good

another good source of content is GNUtella, the network bear share, limewire, frostwire, etc connect to. I got lots of maal there. Its an excellent place to find things.

eDonkey - Ghadha nahi hai yeh

the ed2k protocol, for which you need the eMule, aMule, FlashGet, or Orbit client popularly, is the world's most widely used P2P network. You can find rare sh!t there, and the search options are rather entertaining. But beware, lots of links contain pr*n.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom