is pink ps2 available in mumbai

Status
Not open for further replies.

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
i'm serious dude.

i dunno PS2 in Mumbai, but @ Chennai i got this PS2 @ 6.5K+
(i forgot the exact price, maybe it was 6.7k, but m sure it was in 6K mark)

K

krazyfrog

^^ Older PS2 (the big fat version) had a built-in hard drive. But the newer slim PS2 does not have it. And this is the only version available now.
And the PS3 is already available in India. I've seen one in mumbai.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
^Are you sure mate? The older model had a HDD expansion bay right at the back of the console to support add-on hard drives.By default it didn't have any hard drive.The only thing which it had built in was the cooling system which the slim model doesn't have.

Hells_Fury

In the zone
I have an old PS2, ant there is a slot at the back for expansion units, but it did not come with a built-in HDD.

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
i dunno about you guys, but that vendor did say it has a 20GB HDD in it, he even offered a 40GB HDD PS2 for 8k.

btw whats its use, can we use it to store the games & play without CD :confused:.

i'll get all the details on it, once i get to chennai this month end.

K

krazyfrog

^^ The hard drive was used by some games to save data that was too large for the 8mb memory stick. But since only a few games supported this (i think Final Fantasy did), Sony decided to ditch the hard disc support in favour of a slim design.
Btw you guys are right. The hdd didn't came by default (my mistake). You had to purchase it separately. Some dealers sold units that already had the hdd installed by them. s18000rpm seems to have bought a similar one.

Hells_Fury

In the zone
You get PS2 units that have a mod chip installed so that they can play pirated games. just ask before you buy.

K

krazyfrog

I have a ps2 since past 8 months. It was a modded unit. I have only played pirated games on it since they're so cheap (Rs. 25 in alfa, mumbai). Mostly the games run fine and don't give any trouble. But sometimes they don't work properly. E.g. I have 2 God of War discs, both pirated. Both run fine initially. But after reaching a particular point in game story (when Kratos reaches Pandora's temple) both discs stop working. The discs have been bought from separate shops. Still the problem. Similar problem was caused on my Resident Evil 4 and Metal Gear Solid:Subsistence discs. I had no option but to buy a new one. And shop keepers don't give guarantee or replace pirated discs. But still, their low price makes you overlook all these problems.

montsa007

~Bulletproof Monk~
ewwwwwwwwww
the black one is better man,psp is also launched in white

and do you know that psp2 will be released now

alse sony plans to merge playstation wid the fones like it did wid the walkman series so now we xpect playstation series haan?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom