is paypal working in India?

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
You can definitely pay through paypal but to receive funds you will be required to provide your PAN number.

OP
Cool Buddy

Cool Buddy

Wise Old Owl
I have never used paypal before. Can I use a debit card to pay through paypal? or I need a credit card?

sygeek

Technomancer
I have never used paypal before. Can I use a debit card to pay through paypal? or I need a credit card?
Yes you can. Only VISA and Mastercard cards are supported.

Also, Debit cards are known to not work with paypal during overseas payments so may want to use a credit card.

johnybravojr

Broken In
In my short and recent experience with PayPal, I can't make purchases using the money available in the account(received as payment for some business, online sales, etc.). I can only withdraw it to my bank account. I can only use the linked bank account/credit card/debit card to pay for online services/purchase. This restriction is for India.

Also, now I can't park funds in PP account anymore. It automatically withdraws it to my bank account every day.

Stuge

Youngling
^ thats the restriction they had to put [RBI guidelines ].now you only buy using Credit Card

I have an SBI Debit card with Maestro logo. Can I link it to a Paypal account and *receive* money (in *dollars*) from overseas?

I have a PAN.

sygeek

Technomancer
I have an SBI Debit card with Maestro logo. Can I link it to a Paypal account and *receive* money (in *dollars*) from overseas?

I have a PAN.
1. You can't link a maestro card to paypal. It's either VISA or Mastercard.

2. You need a bank account (not just your debit card) to withdraw money to.

ajith025

Broken In

I have a PAN.

Enable online banking for your bank account, and link it to your pay pal account, then you can receive money using your pp account which will be credited to your bank account linked to pp automatically each day.

johnybravojr

Broken In
These days, the money is not getting autowithdrawn to my bank account. I guess it has something to do with the INR-USD exchange rates.

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
Check out the latest policy change for Indian users. Till now, the few members who are using paypal, now its complete goodbye.

RBI, u suck, big time. :-(

Check out the latest policy change for Indian users. Till now, the few members who are using paypal, now its complete goodbye.

RBI, u suck, big time. :-(

As far as I know there is a limit of 500$ on receiving payment via paypal. That is, you can't accept more than 500$ at a time.

So it's not a "complete goodbye"... :)

JamesTryForYou

In the zone
Lately I've been trying to link my SBI Maestro card. Everything was done....but when it was time to receive ”two small deposits” from paypal(which is used for confirming the bank accounts), I didn't receive any. It's been about 15 days and when I inquired the same from paypal they sent me some RBI faqs and stuff related to adding bank accounts in India.

Anyway my question is, whether I could request cheque from paypal. If yes what are the condition and process...

OP
Cool Buddy

Cool Buddy

Wise Old Owl
I too tried first with an SBI savings account and I didn't receive the deposit. Then I used a UBI account and got the deposit within 2-3 days. Seems there is some problem with SBI

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
I had previously tried and failed to link my SBI Debit Card/Bank Account to Paypal. Now I use my Axis Bank Debit Card/Account with paypal. I use paypal only for purchases. I can also buy items from international shops too. My account is verified.

Top Bottom