Is Nokia 5230 worth looking at?

Vensanga

Journeyman
if your desiding among 5230 and 5800 i will go for 5800(i have owned it),is the new software V40 that is available for 5800 also available for 5230?? With the new version its realy cool...Plus if 5230 is better phone will it be cheaper in price?? Lacks Wifi and worst Camera...Go for 5800!!

Last edited:

Tamoghno

Padawan
Who said that ? In fact 5230 has the best audio among the current gen full touch phones, equal (if not better) then Iphone 3GS.

i think he meant lower speaker volume . yes it have very low speaker volume . maybe nokia intetionally put a weaker speaker to not hurt 5800's sales . but earphone volume is superb .

My friend have 5800 & his roommate just bought 5230 . he said that the 5230 have more vibrant screen than his 5800 .

3 G is the only Difference afaik. Looks wise, even nokia officials cant spot any difference. I have used both (my friend bought 5230) and u cant tell any difference untill u use 3G (which is not available right now ).
Price difference is 900/-

Both the phones (5230 and 5233) have A-GPS (Assisted GPS), but in 5233, GPRS/Edge is needed for the GPS to connect. If you have an unlimited data plan, then you can use GPS on 5233 too (which is faster and more precise than Standalone GPS).

PraKs

Youngling
5233 GPS will not work until you have GPRS connection.

Why would someone spend money on GPRS when 5230 can track GPS without any GRPS.

kelly

Broken In
5233 GPS will not work until you have GPRS connection.

Why would someone spend money on GPRS when 5230 can track GPS without any GRPS.

If you have GPS module then you can use navigation with Bluetooth on nokia 5233....

anil_tech

Broken In
My friend just bought this phone a trust me its the phone we all have been waiting to get our hands on. Despite all the pos and cons described in this thread its the most valuable for its price. We got it for 8.1K.

MasterMinds

hell boy
guys 5233 and 5230 are same with the diff of 3g(gsm arena has single page for tboth of them) and about gps thing they both have gps reciever onboard with assisted gps support means u can use ur packet data or 3g internet to speed up th link time. internet connection is not required to retrive the location but it(internet) can assist.
hope i am very clear. any doubts plz post so that others can also share what they know.

Top Bottom