Is Nokia 5230 worth looking at?

windchimes

Can you hear it..??
5230 has no datacable and memory. 5800 is coming with 8GB ,data cable and Sennheiser headset(till the end of Jan)...According to the dealer he says buying 5800 is "Value For Money" right now. Confused between these two models..

Last edited:

v.Na5h

Off Hook!
@Dr. James D'selva
Cool pics man!!

how much did u get for??

im gonna get one
is 8.4k with bill a good deal or should i get grey market ones for 7.8k

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
Just back after using Nokia 5230 for a while. The touchscreen response is cool but still I feel the phone is somewhat laggy. I don't know whether it is due to the s60v5 OS or hardware limitations. Still a good phone to own. :)

PraKs

Youngling
5230 has no datacable and memory. 5800 is coming with 8GB ,data cable and Sennheiser headset(till the end of Jan)...According to the dealer he says buying 5800 is "Value For Money" right now. Confused between these two models..

5230 has no datacable and memory ??

Its ok to purchase 4GB for 450 Rs.. But then if there is no datacable then how do you transfer mp3/games from PC ? You mean one needs to purchase extra cable & it does not come in box ?

Tamoghno

Padawan

WTF , no data cable ? FCUK you nokia .

so how much generic data cable / microusb cable costs ?

---------- Post added at 12:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:16 AM ----------

@Dr. James D'selva
Cool pics man!!

how much did u get for??

im gonna get one
is 8.4k with bill a good deal or should i get grey market ones for 7.8k

you shouldn't go with grey market . since it is early model it *may* face some widespread problem and its too costly to repair. and you're not even getting 10% less.

my 5800's screen is replaced (it had thge screen flickring bug present in many early models) and if i had to pay for repair , it would cost me ~3.5K .

v.Na5h

Off Hook!
Got it @ 8.9k
Got a Philips SHE9500(mindblowing budget headphone) + a cheap adidas bag free with it :-D

---------- Post added at 10:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:25 AM ----------

my 5800's screen is replaced (it had thge screen flickring bug present in many early models).

Is it normal for screen to flicker in camera or video mode.
5230's screen flickers a lot while taking videos and watching the captured video
but other videos works fine

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
Is it normal for screen to flicker in camera or video mode.
5230's screen flickers a lot while taking videos and watching the captured video
but other videos works fine

The screen flickers when the screen is not original. My friend recently broke his phone's LCD & then we replaced it with a cheap duplicate. The screen flickers in camera mode now. Ask for replacement citing it manufacturing defect.

JamesTryForYou

In the zone
@Cool G5...did you get that card with that package...cuz i have checked 3 stores before buying...no where it was available with the package...not even the website mention it.

[SIZE=-1]Nokia 5230 is entry level Touch screen Music phone at affordable price with 3G and GPS. Full Touch QWERTY keyboard and handwriting recognition, Dedicated music keys...[/SIZE]

sachitgul

Journeyman
[SIZE=-1]Nokia 5230 is entry level Touch screen Music phone at affordable price with 3G and GPS. Full Touch QWERTY keyboard and handwriting recognition, Dedicated music keys...[/SIZE]

oh thnx for this valuable info man..
:clap2: :clap2:

i dont knw wat we would have done without u telling us all this stuff..

so seriously..
are u in the nokia core team or something??

Tamoghno

Padawan
does 5230 have xpressmusic branding ? i mea in the box , is it written 5230XpressMusic or 5230 only ?

also , how does the sound quality compare with 5800xm/ or other recent nseries ?

sachitgul

Journeyman
does 5230 have xpressmusic branding ? i mea in the box , is it written 5230XpressMusic or 5230 only ?

also , how does the sound quality compare with 5800xm/ or other recent nseries ?

from what i have heard its not a xpressmusic handset...

also in the gsmarena review they praised the audio quality..
it is on par with the 5800 and 5530...

sachitgul

Journeyman
i am in a real dilemma here..

i want to buy either the 5230 or the 5800..
apart form the camera,Wi-Fi,2nd Cam,Stereo Speakers are there any other major differences like Touch Screen response..

and now dat the V40 Firmware has come the choice is only more difficult..

what is the current price of the 5800??
is it going to go down??

and is it really worth paying that premium since i just got my iPod Touch which has wifi and the cam of the 5800 is anyway said to be very bad..??

also..
i am upgrading from a 5610..

Top Bottom