is iphone 4 for 22500??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys,
On this months digit magazine, on page 103 its written this way:
"22500rs is the asking price for refurbished iphone 4 units"
does it mean iphone 4 gona cost 22500? from when? thanks..

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
Refurbished means second hand defective pieces which were returned, and repaired by Apple to be sold again. You want to pay 22.5k for such a phone? Just buy a god-damned new HTC Incredible S for 22.5k...

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
lol refurbed pieces can be returned again to apple if they are defective, I got a brand new one, friend got a refurb at the same time, we frankly have noticed no difference whatsoever, in the packaging or the working, in fact, my new piece had an older os version without the wifi hot spot feature as against his old refurbed piece which had a newer os version and newer features, friend saved 5 grand, I felt slightly cheated with no pride whatsoever on having a "brand new" device... no one could tell the difference

the 22.5 k device is worthless though unless you are prepared to spend on apps, iStore doesnt have as many good freebs as the droid store, but our premium end is the best in the world

and even the refurbed iphone that has just been retrieved from a bucket of water and run over by a truck is bound to have fewer bugs than any android fresh of the shelf

(sorry for the flame bitter truth mods, but he did call refurbed pieces defective!)

Problem is Indians love great free apps. Bet most of us will still use WMP and IE if Firefox, Chrome, Opera, VLC, etc were priced at 5-10$ each.

I have an iPad2, and its free apps are hopelessly sad :cry:

BTW I hope previous gen galaxy flagship models also come out as refurb pieces. A single core 1GHz AMOLED galaxy could be around 15k that way :D

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
@Anorion

What was the last Android phone you had used for any considerable length of time? If you are comparing a sub-10k cheapass Android phone to a 30k+ iPhone, then that would be an unfair comparison. You get what you pay for.

Android 2.x.x might not be as polished as that midget iphone, but things are changing fast with ICS coming soon. Samsung. HTC, Sony and others are building world class super-phones which can beat an iphone in every way... ;)

Flipper13

Right off the assembly line
Apple iPhones are good when used with 3G services but they can only be found in urban cities. Most of the village sides and sub urban ones are still using the 2G services and iPhones are not good with that. Apple iPhone 4S and higher models are very poor in case of supporting the features and the applications of the broadband in most of the places and they are definitely not as good as Nokia N8 and above models of the Nokia. iPhone 4 and iPhone 4S does not really have that good product replacement service and also the warranty policies especially when compared to that of Nokia Lumia 800 smart phones. This really causes a lot of trouble to the people who buy them.

Cilus

laborare est orare
iPone4 is never targeted for rural areas, keep that thing in mind. And Apple does have good replacement service in all the major cities. The target audience for Ipone is completely different and they do benefit for it. Also along with 2G, Iphone services are good, you can do all the necessary staffs what you can do with your Nokia N8.
It is not only a Phone, it is a style statement. So don't judge it by the tech specsn or how VFM it is. It is nerver made for this. Personally my pick or any tech geeks pick should be a Samsung Galaxy SII over Iphone 4/ Iphone 4S but that does not make Iphone anything inferior. So stop trying to prove that which one one better. or inferior.
If you like it, go with it, no point of arguing here.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
Have iPhone 3GS dont use 3G at all, dont need it, still have the works, gmail, twitter, an MMORPG game, whatsapp, and my internet streaming service... if you have a wifi or stable connection at home to download the apps, you do not need 3G at all... apart from that walk down the road dude im sure half the wifi hotspots are open and without protection, police stations are good bets lol... never been to a place where warwalking has yielded zero wifi hotspots yet :)

Lol lemme guess... about the droids - ive used an Arc, Wildfire, Defy, Nexus S, Galaxy S and one of the new Xperia ones forget the name, prolly Neo lol... for considerable amounts of time... apart from that I have an obsession of dropping into croma and thoroughly checking out new devices as and when they are released. Observations - not a single droid comes out of the box without bugs, the complete device is only in your hands after the next update, but with the iPhone everything seems like an extra. Multitasking and Customisation are not that important if you have a kickass app that will stop you from thinking of food or water.

again - the droid phones are better on paper but this is a question of which ecosystem can deliver better apps - not which manufacturer can make better phones thats what the hardware is for, buying a droid is like buying a car without an engine, much better specs, but why the same top 10 apps since the store started? on Iphones there are new apps, price drops, and deals every hour, you can get left behind because of the 8 hours you spend sleeping, its a constant bombardment of top quality apps, which is why the platform is so successful, its not because of the sound quality (Galaxy S trumps the iPhone) or some other technical voodoo... just apps

to be fair there are one or two free android apps that are better than the iStore apps they were copied from - Unicorn Dash? lol - do use droids excessively, am a fanboi even, would love if the droid store would get anywhere close to the activity in the istore, just not happening at the moment, and they had enough time to do it, sorry

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
I agree Android Market is lacking as many high quality apps as App Store has. But there are plenty of excellent quality apps... more than you might ever need... I use tons of apps and games on my Android device (not droid, its Android) and have yet to see a buggy or poorly designed app.

I agree with you that Android implementations by OEM manufacturers are buggy. Google cannot help it. Android is open source and runs on multiple screen sizes and resolutions, multiple processors and GPUs, varying sizes of RAMs... Its the job of OEMs to implement Android properly.

Nexus devices, which happen to be pure Android experience devices, are the most stable ones. They get the fastest updates, and have no bloatware or custom skins. And as for bugs, I am sure even iOS has bugs which have to be patched via updates from time to time. I hear a new iOS 5.1 update is coming out soon because iPhone 4S users have a terrible battery life problem... ;)

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
Hi guys,
On this months digit magazine, on page 103 its written this way:
"22500rs is the asking price for refurbished iphone 4 units"
does it mean iphone 4 gona cost 22500? from when? thanks..

yes the new is true... :))

but don't think that refurbished i phones are not better than brand new iphone 4
they in same quality & 1yr warranty from Apple

Omi

-=[-_-]=-
Fanbois vs Fandriods
lol I always love to see the two fight!

But seriously How many apps does one really use daily after the "bhoot" of new phone wears over, like 2-3 months after? Then it all comes to accessibility and integration.

Cilus made a good point, Iphone in India is a way for apple to keep getting 2x profits.
Comparing Iphone with anything is foolishness, Its a Fad and a Brand.

Devices using Androids have a market, there are 10 manufacturers trying to lure customers and hence keep offering more specs at lower cost. Where as Iphone is a single entity.

But yeah it should not be forgotten that Because of the crazy specs loving fandroids the world is going to see faster and more capable devices because of its openness. world with only apple would be had been stuck with overclocked chipsets and more more cores!

More the competition more the people WIN!

kamal_saran

android lover
@imrocking_since92, hey man you made this thread for suggestions. And after 24 hours you came to know that it became a "BATTLEFIELD" :LOL: SO STRANGE. btw man just kidding :)

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Well make sure to get a proper phone. always keep in mind that the 3gs which is iOS 5 capable costs Rs.19000 appx

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
haha good luck if you believe that apps are not the only things that keep making people buy what are otherwise overpriced screens

dont be scared about buying a refurbed piece, Apple has a reputation to maintain, let them worry about it

ujjwal321

Journeyman
refurrbished iphones are as good as new due to apple warrenty.. for 22.5k it is a good phone for people wuo won't be tinkering too much with the phone.. the kgood thing about iphone is that it satisfies almost all the consumers.. u buy the phone and use it out of the box.. having said that most of the newer high end androids can give the iphone run for its money.. with better and bigger display and plenty of phones to chose from.. If u can spend a little time to make your phone better u can save a lots of money.. apps IMO are way over rated.. there are enough quality apps already available in android market.. and one important thing is that app can do much more in android phone than in iphone..
enough of iphone vs android comparison.. for 22.5k go get the iphone 4.. it is a steal..

haha good luck if you believe that apps are not the only things that keep making people buy what are otherwise overpriced screens

dont be scared about buying a refurbed piece, Apple has a reputation to maintain, let them worry about it

I beg to disagree with that statement. While apps is 99% of the time the factor which decides how much time you kill on your flashy new phone or tablet, the amount of useful work done is almost the same across all platforms :))

I mean, for me a tablet is MAINLY for the following:

• Check email and read news while having breakfast
  • Update facebook status and tweet from the toilet
  • Browse forums over tea
  • Watch movies and listen to music in the bus
  • Read ebooks - epub, djvu and PDF formats while travelling and before exams
  • All the above with good battery life that is around 9-10 hrs minimum

And that is kinda all I bother looking for. My iPad2 does the job beautifully, and so does my friend's Acer Iconia and I guess even a 99$ chinese tablet would do the job fine provided it has good enough battery.

A phone is supposed to do all a tablet should along with the following extras:

• Make calls and send/recieve texts
  • Push mail support
  • GPS enabled navigation support with decent maps software
  • View and edit popular document formats. Viewing is more important than editing

I added the above features for a phone because a tablet is not with you all the time, whereas a phone is almost always with you.

For everything else, like messing around with apps, playing mmorpgs, playing counter-strike, dota, etc there is a netbook :wink:

Infact, after using lots of my friends' netbook, which if you go for the 6-cell ones have a damn good battery backup, I feel my tablet is next to useless. A phone + netbook is the best portability solution IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom