Is Gaming a Childish Activity? ( In India )

Status
Not open for further replies.

prasath_digit

prasath->loves(APPLE);
Have u ever been insulted or scolded for playing games, i've been insulted a few times by some idots, they say like : "Why r u playing still playing games like a child?", "Please turn that off", "What is this stupid thing on the screen gonna do for ur career?"....................

All of these quotes were made by idots who:-

1.Knows nothing abt games :mad:
2.Consider themselves as being matured ( peers, Not my parents ) :)
3.Thinks tat a original game costs 50 - 100./- Rs :D
4.Thinks tat game development is a childish profession :mad:

The reason I'm starting this thread is not to create any flame war or somethin like tat..........But i'm very interested in doing a career in game development........And here in India, gaming(playing & development) is seen as a very childish activity :mad:

PLEASE SHARE UR THOUGHTS & OPINIONS ON THIS TOPIC OPENLY :cool:

If u reply to this thread, pls tell ur:-
1.Age
2.Profession
3.& Some games u like...........

Because i wanna know who play games in India...........:rolleyes:

My age:- 20
Profession:- Just Completed B.Sc CS ( Selected in TCS through Campus Interview ) :smile:
Current favorites:- Crysis,Call Of Duty 4,Bioshock, Half-Life 2 EP2,Portal

Last edited:

hullap

Cyborg Agent
+1
i REALLY REALLY HATE those n00bs

Age-15
Prefession-Student
Games-Pro Evolution Soccer, Bully, Urban Terror, GoW1,2,CoO

gaming is an awssome time pass and recreational activity, better than movies.
so game development is a better job than movies.

gaming is not childish, but spending own/parent's life savings for a high end gaming rig for fun is definitely childish.

GAMES RULED, RULE, AND ALWAYS WILL RULE....................

Of course metalheadgautham is right too...........but still GAMES RUUUUUUUUUUUUUULE

Profession:-Game Development student in ICAT(PROUD 2 BE 1)
Games:- NFS Pro Street, Cricket 07, Virtua Tennis 3 and lots more

Garbage

God of Mistakes...
Games ?? No more games for me.. :(

Profession : Completed B.Sc.(CS) n also get selected in TCS in campus interviews (like thread starter) :p
Games played : LionKing, Dave, BM, RoadRash ( :D )

skippednote

M3TAL H3AD M3
profession:student
recent games:nfs mw,pop t2t,trackmania nation forever,cod.
I think games and age have no relation. The relation is between Game and your rig

kumarmohit

Technomancer
I play games on PS2 and their are a number of ppl I know who consider it childish. Naturally games and comics never emerged as a medium for grown ups in India.

Age 24
Profession: Web content writer
Currently playing - Devil may cry 2

Profession:Student,what else?
Games:There is a fairly long list.Epic I would say.

As for those n00bs,they are nothing more than ignorant losers.Gaming is the best entertainment,at least for me.They don't play games coz they lack brains and most importantly,PC's with proper system configurations.
For instance,one of my n00b friends,asked me to install Stalker on his stupid P3,128MB RAM system with onboard graphics.I am no wizard,game did't work.When the games don't work for them they turn against gaming itself.
And the only games those noobs play are NFS(free roaming only),GTA SA(Free roaming,messing around).They play all outdated games.This is my experience with my schoolmates,friends,siblings and all.
@Gautham,please let some younger members in too.:D

Plasma_Snake

Indidiot
Profession: Final year I.T student, skipped all Campus Interview to concentrate on higher studies and aim to be a Game Programmer. If anybody knows any "really" good institute for the purpose please do tell me otherwise I too will have to leave my homeland and learn this from dem Stupid Americans.
Games: Gaming since age of 8 so can't really tell all that I've played. Had NES,PS,PS2 and gonna buy PS3. Currently play games on PC.

Whenever someone says me this I tel 'em this:

1. If game is a stupid or simple thing then can u make one or atleast play one to finish it?
  2. it has been scientifically proven to improve Visionary Neuro Reflexes, so if u that good then prove it by surviving a round of Burnout without crashing!
  3. To Computer peoples I say this, Game is a complete program that can strip **** outta ur system and shows what's it is capable of 'cause Games use huge databases of texture and audio files thus testing HDD drive's and RAM's capability of data exchange. HQ graphics and audio test out the system's Processing power. The highly complex A.I programmes running in the form of NPC behaviour test the complex program running capability of the machine. I ask them if they know anyother piece of program that can stress out a system's all the components like this all at once. Believe it or not but I've met with victorious silence every time.
So Game On!!! BTW on the side of Folks(parents) mine just ask is that the money in Game Dev. is any good? I just tell 'em that it all depends upon the dev.studio u r employed in. Correct me if I'm wrong. :D

Abhishek Dwivedi

TechFreakiez.com
Student
Mostly all NFSzzzz & CS1.6 :p

Gaming is childish yar...just wait for few days...u'l come to c what it really is...n what it can b in india :D

max_demon

IM AS MAD AS HELL!!
I play Portable . Whenever i am bored anytime . PSP FTW / Java Micro Edition

Profession : Drug Dealer , Contract Killer
Games i like : Grand Theft Auto , SPORE , Sims , Patapon , Locoroco , God of war , Luminince , flOw , Windows , Hitman , Guiter Hero , DDR , Sudoku , Rise of nation , Rollercoaster Rush , Darkest fear , etc etc ++ many mobile games .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom