Is America better than India???

Status
Not open for further replies.

__Virus__

Ambassador of Buzz
esumitkumar said:
BUt tell me it wasnt me ....if population is boom..then why countries like China are putting a stop to it.....I think you should see crunch of resources due to population.....what a bad infrastructure is there....

Some boons of more population :lol:

1. Every time you go to railway station to buy a ticket.....you find hundereds of ppl waiting despite 8-10 ticket windows........

2. Ever seen railway general compartment ......thousands of ppl fighting there.....for a place :shock:

3. Decreasing land space and water ........ no basic amenities

No power in villages..even in cities like Pune
we are getting power cut of 3 hrs..

This list is endless...............

You know resources increase by 1,2,3,4 that is AP...while population increases by 2,4,8,16,32,64 assuming each one has 2 children (while this is not true for most ppl .....who are illiterate) ........ so

IS POPULATION A BOON ?

(I agree India has largest working young ppl due to its population and most ppl are doing sasta labour work for videsis in IT, call centre etc )

:|

sujithtom

Ambassador of Buzz
What we see of India today is not the effort of the goverment but the Indians itself. The government is corrupt for ages and has contributed very very less to India.

it_waaznt_me

Coming back to life ..
Heh .. I cant find link to the relevant article by Geffry Sachs .. I'll type it when I reach home .. The essence is India will have more working population because of China's one child policy ..
And to the next part of your post you are mixing issues .. You start with assuming that every person is a parasite and he doesnt contribute to his surroundings ..
I'll write about it when I reach home ...

Sophie Matthews

Right off the assembly line
When i 1st arrived in India... i found it it much more unorganised as compared to UK.
The IG airport was very crowdy...
i've been 2 US twice for travelling and found it 10x times better than India.
India has to work well to make its presence felt

techpras

Right off the assembly line
Population will be a boon for India, if that population resources can be utilizied or managed by government correctly,

siriusb

Cyborg Agent
One another contributor IMO is women. Our customs, rich and grand as it may be, tend to lock women away or restrain them in some way. Another contributor is the under-utilization of rural people, them being the major part of India. If we can tap into these two resources, we would be outta here in no time.

kato

Karthiksn
dude but rather than blaming our own goverment have we ever done anything to stop. Dont we also jump traffic lights and when there is some accident we blame traffic police man. We say goverment aint properly handling the litter and garbage problem but we increase its amount by not throwing or disposing it at the right place. We say all officials are corrupt tell me dont we only ask them sometimes if we dont have a ticket(for example) we tell them we will give u so much amount and pls leave us.

Edit: Even i dont follow wat iwrote and blame goverment

goobimama

 Macboy
I prefer India to the US...I live a much better life than americans....

As in, at the end of the day, I am happy (no stress, worries..)

nix

the biggest problem we're facing today is vote bank politics. ppl attitude must also change...we must not be silent if something happens, we must be united and think whats the reason for our problems...problems like kashmir...why only certain ppl are targeted there? what protection should be given to them? the general attitude of majority of the ppl there is pro pak...how can we change that? we must act before its too late.

Sykora

I see right through you.
It is a gross injustice to blame the government for _anything_ and _everything_ that goes wrong. India has too large a population, and is too soft-hearted to impose rules like that which China did. Unless India makes a gigantic quantum leap in technology, living standards for the masses aren't likely to rise. But this leap is not likely to happen, because if there's any development, the US will get there first.

Take, for example, the satellite recently launched by the ISRO. It disintegrated over the Bay of Bengal some few seconds after launch. 4 _billion_ rupees up in smoke. What is the necessity for that when people are starving? There are far better uses for that money. If the money was devoted to more mundane things, the population would feel more motivated to do the right thing, and avoid corruption.

Right now, I feel that the US is a better place, and I'll stand by that opinion.

mediator

Technomancer
I agree with @esumitkumar....But cant see why no mention of bangladeshi influx is there?? Cant u see how much bangladeshi immigrants are there in delhi alone? Forget abt Bihar etc.
If population of india is 1 crore than in that more 10000 are bangladeshi immigrants. Because of these stupid nomads......rape cases,thefts,bribery etc and situation in bihar and west bengal etc is deteriorating.
Govt is doing nothing for it!! And man cant see why it is having big debates on pesticide containers like PEPSI etc. It is doing nothing to ban ALCOHOL/pan masala/cigarretes etc which cause more harm and permanent disease like cancer etc. Yea pepsi shud be banned too. Thus we need literate leaders who can raise their voice for the real cause.
So many terrorist attacks in India delhi blasts on Diwali I think u all firgot it+akshardham+mumbai serial blasts+many more+sacking of Indian embassy in unethicak way. But what India is saying ? -> Peace,peace and peace! Stupid Indian leaders! They all shud be killed and then we'll have real peace. I think if israel was in our place then paki wud have been already be toast!! And during this govt u can see alone how much penetration the terrorists have done in armed forces alone. All we can experience is violence everywhere in this UPA RAJ !!
Thus u an see how much backwards India will remain if thing like this continue and leaders like Arjun Singh keep on cropping up. Its because of ppl like us because of which India is surviving. But we dont need just SUrvival. Do we?

sujithtom said:
What we see of India today is not the effort of the goverment but the Indians itself. The government is corrupt for ages and has contributed very very less to India.
Contributed? How can u say so? They only deteriorated thing. The only person I know who held India's repte to sky is "Atal behari Bajpayee" and dont forget Abdul Kalam.

Last edited:

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
mediator said:
Thus u an see how much backwards India will remain if thing like this continue and leaders like Arjun Singh keep on cropping up. Its because of ppl like us because of which India is surviving. But we dont need just SUrvival. Do we?

Just curious - how have you aided the survival of a country with a billion people?

Calling Bangladeshi immigrants stupid nomads is extremely condescending in my opinion. Sure they don't belong here and their influx needs to be controlled but "stupid nomads" is a very extreme term. Also, what Israel is doing is absolutely retarded.

Those wondering why India not as developed as the US, consider these:

1. The United States was formed well over 200 years ago
2. During World War II, while other countries took a lot of damage, the US rose to power because other than Pearl Harbor, the war wasn't fought on US soil.

When the US was already strong enough to be a major force in WWII, our nation was still under British control. Yes, a burgeoning population has slowed our economic growth but we're still growing at a rapid rate while countries like the US are experiencing a slowdown.

It's wrong to assume that only Indian politicians are corrupt - even politicians in the US are corrupt.

gaurav_indian

CG Artist
Well if a country like India has got politicians such as Mulayam Singh,Mayawati,Lalu in their Parliament then how will the country be developed.Imagine a situation where Mulayam Singh or Lalu becomes the Prime Minister of India(I can't stop laughing) but the truth is it can happen in India.Some of the ministers in India has criminal record but still noone is stopping them from entering into the Parliament.

mAYHEM

Journeyman
Nemesis said:
Just curious - how have you aided the survival of a country with a billion people?

Calling Bangladeshi immigrants stupid nomads is extremely condescending in my opinion. Sure they don't belong here and their influx needs to be controlled but "stupid nomads" is a very extreme term. Also, what Israel is doing is absolutely retarded.

2. During World War II, while other countries took a lot of damage, the US rose to power because other than Pearl Harbor, the war wasn't fought on US soil.

When the US was already strong enough to be a major force in WWII, our nation was still under British control. Yes, a burgeoning population has slowed our economic growth but we're still growing at a rapid rate while countries like the US are experiencing a slowdown.

It's wrong to assume that only Indian politicians are corrupt - even politicians in the US are corrupt.
I agree.
U.S after 60 years fromm formation was even worst than India.The problem is we want the progress of India to be lightning fast,to some extent it has been.Most of the progress has been made in last 20-30 years.

mediator

Technomancer
Nemesis said:

How do u think the natio is being survived because of us?? Imagine if all ppl in the country were corrupt. Who wud obey laws? Who wud pay taxes? Who wud send their children to army? And if the situation were to be like this.....how many IT company u think wud have entered INDIA? Why do u think the situation in bihar is deteriorating? And lack of governance is there? LAck of IT companies there? Everyone wud have been thinking of himself then.
We think of our nation. But do the ministers do? Only votes matter to them the most.

Well calling bangladeshi immigrants like that is not extreme when they keep on doing illigal things here. Do u know how much unsafe areas with bangladeshi encroachments is? Have u ever been in any one area? Do u know how rape cases, murders alone have been commited by bangladeshi's here alone? And how in numbers these nomads have tied up with Laskar e teiba and all jihadi groups? Have u ever read reports from top military brass?

I dont think even the time taken by US to become so advanced will be sufficient for INDIA to attain the same status. How much u think India is developed today? U live in a metropolitan. Have u ever been to any remote area? Just any? There may be few exceptional cases. BUt what I mean is these areas are far from advancing to status of metropolitans. And as the population + development in metropolitans increase the influx from all the neighbouring countries and stated will rise to seek employment and better civic amenities. Because of which problems of water and electricity will further deteriorate , more unemployment will be there and thus more murders/thefts/rape cases etc.

Thus rural areas will remain like that if this situation persists. People there will remain ignorant and rulers like raja bhayia, papu yadav will rise again n again telling all sorts of lies to ppl their to become their heroes and gain power.

I know abt development of USas u stated but do u know how much developed India got in last 15 yrs ?? It cud have been better if all states were rising parallelly and there was support from Indian leaders too. I saw a major devlopment in India during "Vajpayee's" Era.........but all I see now is violence everywhere.

U urself stated that war wasnt fought on US soil. BUt war is bein fought on Indian Soil for tha last 20 yrs or more and still India is advancing. It cud have been much better if Paki wud have been given an ultimate response ending kashmir problem. U know how much India spends to protect Kashmiri's? U know how little revenue comes from kashmir as compared to other states? U know much economical and manpower loss terrorists are causing to the nation? But what leaders are doing? PEACE,PEACEPEACE!! While pakis are laughing on us because of this.
Israel created a heck of scene their because it 2 soldiers were captured or killed. But what India does? On average 1 Indian soldeir is killed I think each day on the kashmir front alone. And still what all govt does is announces a package of 1 lakh for poor soldier's family and thats it. I hope u getting the picture. If u have anyone from ur family in army then u wud know.

And what Israel is doing is not retarded. Why dont u call Iran retared for saying things like "that it will destroy ISrael" publicly. I appreciaTE Israel for showing such guts. Being so small it is keeping its terrorist neighbours to their knees. Israel was the only nation that provided timely supplies of weapons to India at time of KArgil. U forgot that ...didnt u?
I know it shudnt kill innocent civilians....but why dont u say the same to hizbollah and all the terrorists. After all they started it first.

If war breaks out between India and pakistan because of pakistan dropping bomb on India and 1000s of civilians dying.....will u ask Indian army not to kill innocent people in Pakistan? Yeah Indian army will not kill innocents there and will do everything to prevent that, but it wont bother also if innocents are killed. In a war this happens and u cant deny the reality.

Accept the fact, India willremain backwards if things like this continues. DO feel proud and happy after such incidents of reservation,mumbai blast etc and govt doing nothing for it?

Sykora

I see right through you.
mediator said:
It cud have been much better if Paki wud have been given an ultimate response ending kashmir problem. U know how much India spends to protect Kashmiri's?

I wonder what you'd say if Pakistan _had_ given an ultimate response, that it would not settle for anything less than a complete tranfer of Kashmir to Pakistan. More fighting?

The same can be said of India. Indians feel that Pakistan is stubbornly not surrendering. I suppose Pakistanis would think the same of us.

War was not fought on US soil, but enough of them were killed in the Pacific.

mediator said:
While pakis are laughing on us because of this.

How do you know? They probably want to stop the fighting as much as we do.

mediator said:
And what Israel is doing is not retarded.

Oh? They're targetting Hizbollah attack stations, regardless of whether the splash damage kills civilians. This isn't retarded?

mediator said:
I know abt development of USas u stated but do u know how much developed India got in last 15 yrs ??

There were people poor then. There are people poor now. If we can launch satellites, no we are not developed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom