Is airtel cheating with customers again?

Sarath

iDota
Their FUP is pretty absurd. Its not always there
The speeds are usually back to 4mbps at night. I have noticed it here and at my friends place with 2mbps airtel.

Looks like its not that bad.

I torrent frequently on airtel conn, never faced a prob. Get around 1-1.5GB/hour which is fine by me.

I did the glasgow(???) test and found my conn. was not being throttled.

Krow

Crowman
Even one of my friends is reporting no FUP after he crossed his limit on 4Mbps/30GB. :p

But the day it starts working... :lol:

clmlbx

Technomancer
^^ even to me no fup, Never faced cap. may be for 2-4 days my speed decrease around 18-20 of month but that too very rarely. No fup from months (I guess more then a year) even not at my frnds who got new connection..

On the contrary my connections gives crazy speeds sometimes. couple of weeks ago I got Downloading speed of 200+ kbps for complete two days. downloaded 19+ Gb on that two days. well it is a big bump as I am on 512 KBps plan on which I get 70 kbps

I do see decrease of speed on peek time I guess.. morning around 9-11 am and evening 5-7 pm. even that very rarely.

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
one way to reduce chance of that is by not changing your plan to the newer ones.

I wont upgrade to the new 75GB plan which is cheaper.

If it aint broke, why fix it?

Krow

Crowman
My friend with 4 Mbps 30GB got FUPed! :lol: He stopped using the connection post FUP, couldn't adapt. :p

SlashDK

MV VIP to the MAX
I'm using the same 4 Mbps/30 GB plan. The download speeds used to come only after 11pm. Now I've switched to google DNS and am now getting 2mbps(from speedtest) and 200kbps download all the time. A constant good speed is better than crazy slow speeds.

Sarath

iDota
^Complain to airtel. You should get 4mbps always. Or maybe your apartment is filled with torrent hogs.

SlashDK

MV VIP to the MAX
I've already complained 4-5 times last month. They kept saying that they will send an engineer but never did. So I finally got fed up and let it be.

Top Bottom