IRC basics

Status
Not open for further replies.

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
I guess there are 2 XChats ? I had tried one for windows and it was shareware. I think it was X-Chat rather than XChat. I may be wrong.

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
Hmm just saw right now, it's a shareware for windows users but not for linux users
Check this page for the reason why it's not free *www.xchat.org/windows/.
Isn't it possible to comiple from source using MinGW? Just check it up cos source for XChat is available.

Last edited:

Sykora

I see right through you.
tech_your_future said:
You forgot to RTFM
You have no idea how long I've spent reading the irssi manual :) . I even tunneled to a friend's computer who was outside my proxy, just so that I could use IRC. It worked, but the lag was too much and I couldn't log on if he had shut down his computer, which he did quite a lot.

OP
Maverick340

Maverick340

Ambassador of Buzz
Gawd where has the topic drfited to ? I asked for an IRC tutorial ; one where i know what atre channels and ohter stuff and you people are discussing which is a good IRC sowftware ? ...

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
@Sykora see if this helps *www.dragoncat.net/lists/irssi-users/2004-04/0003.html. I don't really have much idea on proxies but I will see whatever I can find.

ilugd

Beware of the innocent
LOL. Maverick take it easy. I sure am sorry. Guess i should have started a new thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom