iPod touch still worth a buy?

Suhail Malik

Broken In
Hey there everyone.

I was thinking of purchasing an Apple iPod Touch 4 gen 32 GB variant. But however now I am stuck by a serious question that :

The iPod Touch costs about 19 K. But the fact is at the same time many much better mobile phones are available in the market for the same or even at times lesser price which at times can offer almost same sort of PMP experience (plus you also have 3G support in them to stay connected always).
So.... in nutshell, my question is
"IS THE IPOD TOUCH STILL WORTH A BUY WHEN YOU HAVE MOBILE PHONES POSSESSING SIMILAR OR BETTER SPECIFICATIONS FOR THE SAME OR LESS PRICE AVAILABLE IN THE MARKET?"

OP
S

Suhail Malik

Broken In
@Zangetsu cmon you at the sametime cannot ignore the type of "sensitive touch" provided by sony ericson nd mid range samsung family (nd even in some cases by Nokia as well).

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
there is nothing as slim, so which are these devices with similar or better specifications ?

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Well at the cost of slickness and ios, u can grab a Nexus 7 tab, Galaxy tab 2 nd even an Xperia series smartphone....

But trust me, iOS UI and smoothness and ease of Use >> (Android. but if OP does need 3g connectivity etc he is better buying a Tablet(the ones you mentioned).

randomuser111

Technomancer
Well yes but you won't get similar audio quality ( As a PMP Ipod touch sound quality is just average but still much better than most phones)

Add 8k and get an Xperia S or add 10k and get Iphone 4. Or if you could find it, Nexus S is also a good option and also cheaper than Ipod Touch.
These are some of the better sounding smartphones in the market and close to Ipod touch overall.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
@Zangetsu cmon you at the sametime cannot ignore the type of "sensitive touch" provided by sony ericson nd mid range samsung family (nd even in some cases by Nokia as well).

Sony,HTC,Samsung also have good capacitive touch...but lags sometime as compared to Apple Touch

also Android apps/games can't beat iOS in quality :cool:

OP
S

Suhail Malik

Broken In
@the tech freak maybe ur right. Coz i can ignore 3g connectivity..

@randomuser111 I agree with with you but the problem is that i am purchasing ipod primaryly for watching movies on the go but not for its superior sound quality...

coolest111

Journeyman
i would suggest to wait n get iPod touch 5 GEN....(or otherwise till the refresh date coz they have huge price drops.....last year when it was expected new iPod touch 5 GEN 32gb version iPod touch 4 GEN went to 13.5k on ebay n i got it for 12.2k with coupon that too with 1 YR APPLE INDIA WARRANTY....)

n yes its worth it(even if you have a smart phone)

warfreak

Talk to the hand!!!
If you only want it for movies, then it is definitely worth it!! (Coming from a proud Ipod Touch 4 owner :D)

For me personally, a tablet would be too bulky to lug around. The ipod touch fits snugly on my palm and I could easily watch a full movie on a bus/train journey without getting uncomfortable.

Ipod wins in terms of Ergonomics,screen quality, touch sensitivity and audio quality(I know it is not the best for an audiophile but it still great for the layman who only listens to MP3 quality audio).
It loses only in terms of 3G and H/W performance(While it can play all apps made for the iphone, it lags a wee bit in graphics intensive games like Infinity Blade 2 and Mass Effect)

R2K

In the Zone
But IMO a reasonably powerful android phone will suffice for most people. iPod is good if you are ready to carry around more than a cell phone while you go out.

OP
S

Suhail Malik

Broken In
@coolest111
It looks like you are right. Im gonna for the 5th gen iPod or atleast for the price drop. But do you have any idea about; WHEN IS THAT GONNA HAPPEN?

warfreak

Talk to the hand!!!
This fall. If it does not happen this fall, then it might happen next year in april/may. So I'd suggest to wait till this fall.

Edit: I'd want to warn you though. The accessories for Apple do not come cheap. For instance, the HDMI adapter comes for 2.5K. And the iPod itself comes with zero accessories.

It never lagged for me as I have played both IB & IB 2

Mind u the down clocked 800Mhz proccy of Ipod works like 1Ghz proccy

How? I have the release version of the game. Do I need to update it?

Last edited:
OP
S

Suhail Malik

Broken In
This fall. If it does not happen this fall, then it might happen next year in april/may. So I'd suggest to wait till this fall.

Edit: I'd want to warn you though. The accessories for Apple do not come cheap. For instance, the HDMI adapter comes for 2.5K. And the iPod itself comes with zero accessories.

I guess there are no rumiors regarding the next gen iPod? So can we expect it by this fall?
BTW the accessories are not any problem.

KDroid

Cyborg Agent
It's totally worth it.

But, IMHO, Movie watching experience on a 7-inch Nexus 7t will be 2x better.

Top Bottom