ipod ruined!

Status
Not open for further replies.

pranavrahul

Journeyman
hey guyz, one of my friend's ipod was dropped in bucket of water, it has been about 2 dayz since the incident and now the ipod opens but it acts really weird, sometimes the battery dies really quickly and sometimes song doesn't start and harddisk makes weird sounds. Does restoring the ipod fix the problem?? and btw, the screen seems to contain some water in it, how can i remove that, i have kept the ipod in the sun to dry it off but all in vein! WHAT SHOULD I SUGGEST MY FRIEND!??

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
+1 for sending to the repair.....

why does this have a smiling smiley :lol:
Are you talking about the Smiley of the thread??...If yes, then :oops: stands for : oops :.....Not for smiling n00b.....

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
u shudnt have tried to start it...
it shud ve starte only after makin sure everythin has dried up completely.

Pat

Beyond Smart
if you have the skills, open it up and use a hair-dryer or something to let it dry completely. Dont even try to start iPod till it is completely dry.

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
Never Ever Use A Hair Dryer To Dry Electronic Products. It'll Toast All The Ic's Inside And Make Things Even Worse. Let It Dry Naturally.

Pat

Beyond Smart
Never Ever Use A Hair Dryer To Dry Electronic Products. It'll Toast All The Ic's Inside And Make Things Even Worse. Let It Dry Naturally.

Really ? I dint know that! Infact I have successfully saved my phone using it once!

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
Then you were lucky. I've seen and heard more incidents than I can count in which a person decided to use their hair dryer to dry a wet cellphone/mp3 player and only ended up toasting up the IC's. It's better to give it to Service Centre when such things happen. I think they use Alcohol as Alcohol drives all the water out and helps it dry quickly. Then Alcohol itself being volatile dries off immediately, leaving the device dry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom