Ipod Dilemma !

Hey frends Cud u let me know if buying Ipod 8gb 4th Gen a worth buy for money..and wat are the camera's Pic quality of the same ?
I Really want to go for this gadget but greatly Discouraged by my pals as to they think its a waste of money ... Ur opinions plz on the same !! THX ! ")

Kev.Ved

Journeyman
Don't even think of an iPod/PMP in this age. If you have enough budget for an iPod why don't you go for a new phone that suits your camera/media needs?
I might add up as another person who is discouraging you but I do stress on the point that you are merely wasting money. Splurging is fine with many people in the west who can afford an iPhone+iPod but does it make sense? Do you really need a media centric device?

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
it's really the ecosystem more than the device
a lot of these pods are used just as cameras tho
what's so discouraging about it apart from the price?

OP
N

niraj trehan

Dr.Geek
Don't even think of an iPod/PMP in this age. If you have enough budget for an iPod why don't you go for a new phone that suits your camera/media needs?
I might add up as another person who is discouraging you but I do stress on the point that you are merely wasting money. Splurging is fine with many people in the west who can afford an iPhone+iPod but does it make sense? Do you really need a media centric device?
I already have an Iphone 3GS , ..and partly the same question raised by u is holding me back from this investment... Ofc i dont need a phone now ...but the problem is i can easily get an Android based Phone wid better Camera+Flash and Android market is ofc sailing high in case of apps.. but APPLE is apple (rofl) so biased going in for this gadget ...rather i presume i shud shell money on clothing then !!! :D :D

it's really the ecosystem more than the device
a lot of these pods are used just as cameras tho
what's so discouraging about it apart from the price?
Its tat shelling out 12k for a device which wont be connected to internet when on move and which wud just b a "cam" and a glamsham device outside the house ... :O

you should wait for ipod touch 5G
the question is "Are Ipods really worth buying? " waiting is never there in my option ...its just if they fit in as a Purposefull device when one can have all songs and media on cell itself !

Kev.Ved

Journeyman
For Apple fanboys I really don't have an answer :) It's the kind of bond one has with the brand which goes blind for the cost associated with it. If you talk about sending 12k on clothes I could start all over again! But still think twice before shelling out that amount on an IPod. I know you should be satisfied with the audio output on your IPhone 3GS. So you could rather go for a good digital camera.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
the most worthy thing about the device is the ecosystem
the value proposition is not in the device itself, but it's in the apps that you put in the device
it's not a blind decision to buy apple, the pod really is superior in terms of components and manufacturing, and the specs are unmatched by any device
already being heavily invested in the app store maybe one of the reasons apple fanbois keep having to buy apple devices
most importantly, don't listen to fandroids, just ignore them spreading misinformation
so spend like 10k on premium apps over a period of 5 months, once you purchase the iPod itself, and you will be very, very happy

and with a pod that only has wi-fi, you will discover that there are a few unsecured wi-fi connections out there! in fact, you can't take a walk down the road without coming across a few

audiophilic

Journeyman
the question is "Are Ipods really worth buying? " waiting is never there in my option ...its just if they fit in as a Purposefull device when one can have all songs and media on cell itself !

A better question... Am i worth listening to high quality music? If yes, then yes. :mrgreen:

Sangram

Broken In
Worthiness depends on how much you are spending and for what?

what is the price in which you are getting the ipod ? If it is around 12k INR & if it is for 4th Gen 8GB ipod..Its a waste of money. New 5th gen 32 GB ipod touch is really awesome and It is something anyone would buy as an investment. It costs just 249$.

Have a look and compare the features...
Apple - iPod - Compare iPod models and find the right one for you.

5th gen ipod has got better stuff compared to iphone 4s (except the camera)..

An Agantuk

Right off the assembly line
Hi
I use the MacBook Pro and ipod touch, and have become an absolute Apple fan.
If you already have an iPhone, I would not recommend you to buy the ipod touch, though. I personally do not think it is worth it.
Whether or not it is value for money per se- you bet it is!

Top Bottom