iPhone 4S, the most expensive in India; why so?

Status
Not open for further replies.

socrates

In the zone
The new iPhone 4S is creating a nationwide buzz with the telecom operators Airtel and Aircel opening the device for pre-booking in India. The pricing of the new iPhone 4S has certainly taken the Apple fans in India by surprise. The 16GB variant, which is the lowest model of the iPhone 4S, has been priced at whopping Rs. 44,500, while the 32GB model is available for Rs. 50,900. Currently, the 64GB model has been listed as the ‘sold out’ at the Aircel website.

iPhone 4S the most expensive in India - Mobile Phone | ThinkDigit Features

Of interest to those sucker oops Apple groupies :D

Sarath

iDota
Hmm the price is a shocker. But people would still go ahead and buy it if they have the money.

What I am wondering is, if one is so rich then obviously they must be able to source it easily from USA like relatives or personally travel there etc. (We have relatives too but I am talking about rich ppl and their uber rich relatives)

But then people will buy it anyways. It's just not VFM anymore. I mean iOS is good but not 45k worth of goodness.

Adieu apple. I anyways only love the ipod + Android combination. Will give the bitter sweet news to my brother who owns a IP4. Doesn't look like the iP4 has competition at the moment due to the price point.

:))

Apple research has suggested that there is a lot of BLACK money in our country. The pricing was adjusted accordingly to the crookspeople who could afford it.

No offence to legitimate buyers of the iPhone 4S. Its just another political dig :)

gopi_vbboy

Cyborg Agent
Does the hw pick up 4g Network?

Its better to wait for iphone 5.If recession comes, IT guys get doomed temp and price will drop in india.

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
Apple research has suggested that there is a lot of BLACK money in our country. The pricing was adjusted accordingly to the crookspeople who could afford it.

No offence to legitimate buyers of the iPhone 4S. Its just another political dig :)

Now you are talking! ;)

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
they already have models at other price points, this "latest model" mentality refuses to die

KDroid

Cyborg Agent
Price Comparison

*img689.imageshack.us/img689/5486/6b2d64acecdc4a9992f9f74.png

I don't find it VFM even at 32k.

Sarath

iDota
It's an apple product which means there is one and only one model. It's never about VFM. You like it, take it. Hate it, leave it.

That's how it has been. I have noticed that apple users tend to be pretty happy with their devices and go up the ladder as newer models release.

VFM also is a personal opinion. Lot of my friends just buy the apple and refuse to try android. The eco system is both a boon and a curse as I see it. :)

Once again, horrible pricing for India :shock:

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
really now, you want the ultimate mobile experience, buy the iPhone 3GS and spend the 29 thousand difference on the apps ... I wont try to explain this any further lol

red dragon

Master troll
Insane...just insane pricing from Apple.
I hope they do not sell a single piece.
And it is coming from a Mac fan.

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
Flop pricing. Will NEVER EVER recommend anyone the 4s. The SII which is cheaper exponentially is also a better phone exponentially :wink:
BTW, a SIII is supposed to come soon :D

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
ill trudge a bit more... the latest models are for those who wanna max the vital stats of their devices, the way digital content is being made now, it makes a lot of sense to buy older models, new models are always skimmed over the market so that (a) early adopters who support the company actively have some kind of exclusiveity (b) fashionistas who buy five phones a year irrespective of how good it is.
even models two generations older are the same content wise, whhere it matters, the apps.. Galaxy S, iPhone 3GS... both awesome devices made stunning with 5-20K difference to the next model being invested in premium apps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom